Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The end of the world as we know it?

• 19-07-2012 12:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭

I'm not one for conspiracy theories or prophecies but I do believe if Israel attacks Iran there will be dire consequences for mankind. Israel has just accused Iran of bombing a bus carrying Israeli tourists in Bulgaria. With no evidence they are once again quick to point the finger of blame at Iranian backed terrorists and there seems to be no let up in their pursuit to attack Iran. If China and Russia feel so strongly against a UN backed intervention in Syria, what hope has the world got if Israel attacks Iran? Are we talking the possibility of nuclear war in 2012?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I blame bulgaria

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

And I feel fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭dienbienphu

I blame Russia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Not likely.

If civilisation is wiped out I'll eat my hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

Nah man, it starts with an earthquake, birds and snakes, an aeroplane and a fearless Lenny Bruce. Not with Israel attacking Iran.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

im actually listing to REM right now, how wierd, good tune though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Where To wrote: »
    Not likely.

Hopefully you will find a blue diamond in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

To be serious, Isreal won't do anything without the US backing them fully, and if they do carry out any action without full backing then they could quickly become a blip on the map. They're the size of Wales. They have nuclear weapons but they don't have the capabilities of any of the super powers involved. They're mouthy assholes at the end of the day, and they quite happily sanction murder in full view of the international community, of Iranians, of Palestinian children, so I don't think they have much credibility in bring outraged.

Same old messed up world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Logain

There has always been war in that region, non stop for 1000's of years. Nothing new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I'm not one for conspiracy theories or prophecies but I do believe if Israel attacks Iran there will be dire consequences for mankind. Israel has just accused Iran of bombing a bus carrying Israeli tourists in Bulgaria. With no evidence they are once again quick to point the finger of blame at Iranian backed terrorists and there seems to be no let up in their pursuit to attack Iran. If China and Russia feel so strongly against a UN backed intervention in Syria, what hope has the world got if Israel attacks Iran? Are we talking the possibility of nuclear war in 2012?

They've bombed Iranians, Iranians bombed them. There wasn't a war then, its unlikely to turn into one over this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

The Israelis biggest risk is not Iran - it's losing the support of the US public. There is a risk, albeit slight, of this happening if they kick the hornets nest that is Iran. It has been suggested that high ranking military officials have put out the message that they will quit if this war goes ahead.

There are some security heavyweights in the US (and Israel) who are against a war with Iran. Retired ones who are free to talk are on record as saying it is inadvisable. Some even took out a full page advertisement in the Washington Post.

Outright war with Iran is unlikely imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭brimal

My thoughts are with the young people who were on that bus.

RIP to the 7 dead, and I hope the dozens of injured make a full recovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Israel attacks Iran. Iran retaliates back.

Two proverbial d*cks sorted with the one proverbial stone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Fail of a thread I think :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Those poor victims today were possibly only used as pawns, Look the Iranians are far from stupid I don't believe they done this today, I don't believe either government had a hand in it but I do think however done it, done it to stir trouble and its a bloody awful thing to do, How many life's will be pointlessly wasted when the shít goes down !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Logain wrote: »
    There has always been war in that region, non stop for 1000's of years. Nothing new.

Same could be said for Ireland, Europe..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

End of the world as I knew it's already been n gone...

what's this, new impending fad then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Snooze.
    Israel blew up an ambulance full of wounded people and nobody went to war.
    Everyone in the region is bricking it over Syria.
    Even if they do go to war, it won't be the end of the world. Israel is a very small target for a few tactical nukes, and they know it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

That song is stuck in my head now, thanks OP :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Where To wrote: »
    Not likely.

I bet you don't even own a hat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

India, Turkey and Iran have started trading comodities.. oil for gold etc. America will act from between 3 to 6 months against Iran. They cannot let Iran drop the American dollar as the main trading currency for comodities; the USA have spent generations establishing the dollar as the main trading currency of the world.. and they acted against Saddam when he dropped the dollar in favour of the Euro in 2000. Have a look here
    http://freebeacon.com/gold-for-oil/

The US are building up military resources in the Persian Gulf, have a look at this article

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

All this talk of the end of the world and hat eating is making me hungry. Armageddon outta here for a sandwich.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

Israel & Iran have been fighting eachother since the pyramids, nothing new here.

The sooner they wipe eachother out the better.
    If they let any nukes off we're miles away so it won't make a difference to us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Plazaman wrote: »
    All this talk of the end of the world and hat eating is making me hungry. Armageddon outta here for a sandwich.

Enjoy, hope it has Hamandeggon

Israel

Your just a small town in Palestine, a small town in Palestine !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

India, Turkey and Iran have started trading comodities.. oil for gold etc. America will act from between 3 to 6 months against Iran. They cannot let Iran drop the American dollar as the main trading currency for comodities; the USA have spent generations establishing the dollar as the main trading currency of the world.. and they acted against Saddam when he dropped the dollar in favour of the Euro in 2000. Have a look here
    http://freebeacon.com/gold-for-oil/

The US are building up military resources in the Persian Gulf, have a look at this article

I dont think even Iran would be thick enough to go with the Euro, hell we wouldnt if we had a do over. The almighty Dollar is safe enough for a while but if anything replaces it it will be the Yuan

This current economic event has been unusual its its scale and duration that it hasnt been associated with a major international conflict, maybe one will follow rather than precede

There are quite a few countries in the middle east and central asia getting very big for their boots in the last ten years, I think they feel the sleeping giants are staying asleep because theyve no stomach to take them on.

My own feeling is that there should be a big blow out theatred in one of these tinder boxes to clear the air and set a Western dominated order once again for the next 50 years. Russia are clearly spoofers who need an attitude adjustment and China only succeed on the back of cheap production of western technology. Anything they copy or innovate themselves is sh1te and if the West pulled investment theyd be sunk.

Israel may or may not predicate all this. Im no fan of that particular artificial state but I do know theyre not to be fu**ed with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

The irony of the Israeli position is stark.

Covertly nuclear armed Israel threatens to bomb Iran for covertly developing nuclear weapons.

Israel condemns attack on its citizens in a foreign country while the Israeli state sanctions the killing of its own citizens and those of other countries in foreign countries, sometimes while using Irish passports as cover, thus endangering the citizens of a neutral state.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

Advertisement