Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teenagers experimenting with illegal substances.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭An0n

Logain wrote: »
    He did say regular. WTF are you on about you lunatic?

Yes, right after the word relatively.
    Will you refer to past posts instead of assumptions please... You're doing this too often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

QED? ho does that apply here?
    That i just owned his whole argument? I agree.
    QED means "which was to be demonstrated" which i did demonstrate.
    unless you have some other meaning for QED
    Yes you demonstrated alright. You smoke weed for the effect it has yet you claim it has no effect on you.

QED indeed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

What I said I smoked alot for 3 years, and I did. What is the big deal?

Fair play to ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Logain

An0n wrote: »
    Yes, right after the word relatively.
    Will you refer to past posts instead of assumptions please... You're doing this too often.

Yes 'relatively regular' means that he smoked regularly relative to everyone else. Which would make him a regular smoker.

Bang a few brain cells together there and try to understand what I am saying here, the sense of achievement will be worth it. I can also recommend a great book for you, it's called the dictionary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Strong smell of methane.

Butane from the iolite, I'd say.

Logain, disregarding the whole weight-issue thread-derailing, if someone drank three times a month, I'd consider them a regular drinker (and I drink more often than that).
    I wouldn't call them an occasional weed-smoker if it's pretty much weekly, that's for sure (and I also had the same kind of lifestyle as you for a while - 10 joints a day panned out to around a 1/4 ounce every four days-ish).

• Advertisement

Brokentime wrote: »
    Well why don't you give everyone some background about your interest in this, then? Some context. If people know something about you, they'll be more open, I think.

My interest is based off fair research. I think drugs are stigmatised too much and therefor are ignored when raising children.

I don't feel it necessary to give background. It wouldn't be relevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Smoking weed was the least of their problems. Also, what you're talking about is parents abusing drugs and abusing their child (****ing bastards).

Abuse of any child is reprehensible - abuse of drugs is a serious problem; this is undeniable.

People should be allowed to consume drugs responsibly - if they become aggressive cunts they should face sanction. It's important that we delineate these concepts or the debate descends into farce.

At the time, they thought they were minding her fine. They honestly believed it. They ended up more relaxed than they had wanted. They said when they got stoned, they barely even heard her crying. He thought it was hilarious to pull off her nails like?? This was months after the rest of the stuff happened now. But to not notice broken bones on an infant? They had to actually heal themselves, only a few were new breaks. We're talking numerous ribs, tibia and a fractured skull like.

Anyway, I was just saying that is why I dont like weed, thats why I hope it never becomes legal. It messes with your head even if you dont realise this. And if somebody I knew smoked weed around children I wouldnt hesitate to report them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Yes 'relatively regular' means that he smoked regularly relatively to everyone else. Which would make him a regular smoker.

Bang a few brain cells together there and try to understand what I am saying here, the sense of achievement will be worth it. I can also recommend a great book for you, it's called the dictionary.

Drop the personal abuse yeah?
    There's no place for that here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

When I stopped smoking weed before 10pm, my brain and body became more active. Even when I was smoking it! after 10pm.. as I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Mod:
    Dont post in this thread again or il ban you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

grindle wrote: »

Logain, I also had the same kind of lifestyle as you for a while - 10 joints a day panned out to around a 1/4 ounce every four days-ish).

Hash or weed?...... Hydroponics or soil?.......... Leds or HPS?

Shur they're all the same...........

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Mod:
    Dont post in this thread again or il ban you.

Much appreciated.

Maybe now we can get back on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Darragh Harte

Where To wrote: »
    Yes you demonstrated alright. You smoke weed for the effect it has yet you claim it has no effect on you.

QED indeed!

If you see i said it had no after effects. Or if i didnt not say that it is what i meant.
    That whole arguement began with someone saying it fuks you up. you just took it out of context and took one little nit bit to try win. arguments dont work like that. the major part(the fuks you up bit which was what i was refering to) was won by me. Q.E.D
    Weed has had no after effects for me or anyone i know who smokes and the age range is wide.
    I dont smoke weed to get ride of problems. i do it to enhance my time. Not to escape time or any problems.
    Weed does not fuk you up in all my experience of it. which was the first point i made.
    Q.e..fuking D

mikom wrote: »
    Hash or weed?...... Hydroponics or soil?.......... Leds or HPS?

Shur they're all the same...........

We used be shmoking de seeds bai, let it grow inside ya, become one with the ahh... the ehh... What was I saying?

Oh yeah, drugs're bad, kids, give them to your parents. They'll make better use of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Personal abuse would amount to too much / too young. Don't be a mug!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Your Idea has many huge basic problems with it. To begin with where do I get these drugs that my teenage is to experiment from? Could anyone who is not a chemist know that the drugs they have bought from a drug dealer are pure?
    Also teenagers are not fully physically developed; it is believed that the brain is not even fully developed until around 25. There is no way I would give permission to my child to take mind altering substances without medical reasons just to satisfy their curiosity. Why would any parent want to introduce potentially dangerous substances to their child? How is it any “safer” that it is being done in front of them if the drugs come from the same source? Not only that but you are setting a precedent that it is not only acceptable to do drugs but that if you don’t agree with a law it is fine to brake it in what you perceive to be a safe way.
    So no I wouldn’t even think of acting in such an irresponsible manner with my children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Brokentime

My interest is based off fair research. I think drugs are stigmatised too much and therefor(e) are ignored when raising children.

I don't feel it necessary to give background. It wouldn't be relevant.

It wouldn't be relevant? Well, don't expect too much 'empirical' information to come of this. I'm tuning out; this thread is just a flame war now. Go to bed, you people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

3 times a month IMO is very regular. 1/4 a day is incredibly excessive and just because you did it doesn't mean it's regular for everyone, it makes you come across as very foolish indeed.

I smoke weed the odd time, once a month or so, finances permitting. I would probably have a joint or do a bong with my kid if I was to ever have one. Once they hit 16 or 17, no younger than that. Even then I'd probably only do it with them if I found out they had already done it. Being the one to introduce them to it wouldn't sit right at all with me.

I do however think that smoking weed can lead to other things (I believe that if I had never plucked up the courage to try weed then I would not have taken ecstacy) I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing though. I've never had a bad experience with ecstacy and, taken properly, i.e. in a house with close friends paying close attention to hydration, it delivers a brilliant and bond-forming experience with friends. They call it "the love drug" and I can't think of a better way to describe it. And it also doesn't impair judgement too badly either, nothing like the way alcohol does anyhow. I wouldn't do ecstacy with my kid though. If anyone found out it could be detrimental to the family. People get their kids taken off them for that kind of stuff. There is a lax social stigma around cannabis whereas with "hard" drugs like ecstacy that social stigma is much worse.

Just my two cents :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭PeterStrauss The Second

Back on topic I guess, I'm 21 years of age and I've informed my mother I smoke weed fairly regularly, not consistently and have no problem going without it, but that's another matter.

I was fairly sure my mother suspected, so instead of having her worry where I was going/what I was doing I just straight up told her.

She doesn't approve but at the same time she knows she can't realistically stop me so she's just happy to be kept in the loop.

It wouldn't be relevant? Well, don't expect too much 'empirical' information to come of this. I'm tuning out; this thread is just a flame war now. Go to bed, you people!

Aw, you leave as the flame just ceased.
    Good night (:

But I'm sure many people will still share their experience. The thread is still young.

• Advertisement

Doc wrote: »
    Your Idea has many huge basic problems with it. To begin with where do I get these drugs that my teenage is to experiment from? Could anyone who is not a chemist know that the drugs they have bought from a drug dealer are pure?
    Also teenagers are not fully physically developed; it is believed that the brain is not even fully developed until around 25. There is no way I would give permission to my child to take mind altering substances without medical reasons just to satisfy their curiosity. Why would any parent want to introduce potentially dangerous substances to their child? How is it any “safer” that it is being done in front of them if the drugs come from the same source? Not only that but you are setting a precedent that it is not only acceptable to do drugs but that if you don’t agree with a law it is fine to brake it in what you perceive to be a safe way.
    So no I wouldn’t even think of acting in such an irresponsible manner with my children.

you make a great point. but so does Negative
    (first part taken out as it is to do with Logain)
    I smoke weed the odd time, once a month or so, finances permitting. I would probably have a joint or do a bong with my kid if I was to ever have one. Once they hit 16 or 17, no younger than that. Even then I'd probably only do it with them if I found out they had already done it. Being the one to introduce them to it wouldn't sit right at all with me.

I do however think that smoking weed can lead to other things (I believe that if I had never plucked up the courage to try weed then I would not have taken ecstacy) I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing though. I've never had a bad experience with ecstacy and, taken properly, i.e. in a house with close friends paying close attention to hydration, it delivers a brilliant and bond-forming experience with friends. They call it "the love drug" and I can't think of a better way to describe it. And it also doesn't impair judgement too badly either, nothing like the way alcohol does anyhow. I wouldn't do ecstacy with my kid though. If anyone found out it could be detrimental to the family. People get their kids taken off them for that kind of stuff. There is a lax social stigma around cannabis whereas with "hard" drugs like ecstacy that social stigma is much worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Also teenagers are not fully physically developed; it is believed that the brain is not even fully developed until around 25. There is no way I would give permission to my child to take mind altering substances without medical reasons just to satisfy their curiosity. Why would any parent want to introduce poetically dangerous substances to their child? How is it any “safer” that it is being done in front of them if the drugs come from the same source? Not only that but you are setting a precedent that it is not only acceptable to do drugs but that if you don’t agree with a law it is fine to brake it in what you perceive to be a safe way.

I wouldn't be in favour of young people taking any drugs, for exactly the reasons you've outlined.
    However, statistically the chances of your children experimenting with drugs whether you approve or not is quite high. If they're going to do it anyway, wouldn't you rather know about it and have some bit of influence over what they take/where they get it from?
    I fully accept your point about setting unwanted precedents too, but if you know they're going to do it, surely some risk management is the only thing you can do, rather than take a 'hear no evil, see no evil' approach?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

3 times a month IMO is very regular. 1/4 a day is incredibly excessive and just because you did it doesn't mean it's regular for everyone, it makes you come across as very foolish indeed.

I agree with essentially everything you said, especially your thoughts on ecstasy. While I would not try to promote ecstasy and if I were to have children I would never dream of introducing it to them, I believe that people need to be educated more about it, when taken responsibly it is not the killer drug it is made out to be.

Back on topic I guess, I'm 21 years of age and I've informed my mother I smoke weed fairly regularly, not consistently and have no problem going without it, but that's another matter.

I was fairly sure my mother suspected, so instead of having her worry where I was going/what I was doing I just straight up told her.

She doesn't approve but at the same time she knows she can't realistically stop me so she's just happy to be kept in the loop.

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about. The level of trust that is required to accept that is huge.

Do you think you'd ever break your mother's granted trust by forsaking it and doing harder or more dangerous drugs?

a wise man and a good solution. Stops the mother worrying a bit and shows her you trust her and care enough to tell her. Very good move :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Brokentime

Aw, you leave as the flame just ceased.
    Good night (:

But I'm sure many people will still share their experience. The thread is still young.

Nah, it's morning time here.

Just seems that at 2am or 3am, people need sleep more than a flame war.

It's hard to guess what the modern parent would do if they knew their kid was doing drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

NegativeCreep you're right in some ways. Weed can be seen as a gateway drug for some. People get bored with being stoned and try other drugs to see if the effects are better. I took an ecstasy tablet once and that was it. Woke up the next day thinking I'd chewed 2 teeth down to nothing and was out of it for most of the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭PeterStrauss The Second

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about. The level of trust that is required to accept that is huge.

Do you think you'd ever break your mother's granted trust by forsaking it and doing harder or more dangerous drugs?
    I honestly don't know really, I know I'll never try them due to possible side effects/addiction, I'm not sure whether the trust comes into it really, let's hope I never find out!

Thank you KKkitty and NegativeCreeper.
    I didn't know that about ecstasy.
    Consider me educated(and i think thats what threads like this are really designed for)
    you both make good points. No E for me :)

• Advertisement

Nah, it's morning time here.

Just seems that at 2am or 3am, people need sleep more than a flame war.

It's hard to guess what the modern parent would do if they knew their kid was doing drugs.

Oh happy new day then!
    Yeah it's 3am.

It's very hard to guess just because of the level of diversity and tolerance in modern society. Some parents I imagine would be very strict and impose punishments. Others would take a more relaxed approach and explain the dangers and responsibilities that come with drugs. Personally, I think the educating approach is a lot more effective. It's like showing kids a picture of a lung cancer patient on their deathbed instead of just telling them 'don't smoke!'. Just seems a little more practical.

Consider me educated(and i think thats what threads like this are really designed for)

I think NegativeCreeper's point was that in the right environment and when taken responsibly, ecstasy is no more detrimental than alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Not long after taking it my brain honestly felt like it was put on a frying pan. Do not try it.

I think NegativeCreeper's point was that in the right environment and when taken responsibly, ecstasy is no more detrimental than alcohol.

Oh no i understand that i just dont want to do it because i fear i would not have that environment :)
    I did consider both sides. if i ever had the right environment and i thought it'd bring me closer to my friends and they did too then i would try it for sure to see its effect on me :)

Sauve wrote: »
    I wouldn't be in favour of young people taking any drugs, for exactly the reasons you've outlined.
    However, statistically the chances of your children experimenting with drugs whether you approve or not is quite high. If they're going to do it anyway, wouldn't you rather know about it and have some bit of influence over what they take/where they get it from?
    I fully accept your point about setting unwanted precedents too, but if you know they're going to do it, surely some risk management is the only thing you can do, rather than take a 'hear no evil, see no evil' approach?

But you are taking a risk that they might do it into the defiant fact that they have done it and are therefor much more likely to continue to do so.

True lots of teenagers experiment with drugs but lots also don't take any. I fail to see how my introducing them to drugs will result in them using drugs any more responsibly then if I didn't. Perhaps someone could explain how it would?

My first tastes of alcohol where of wine with my parents around the diner table. This didn't stop me getting drunk on Samboca later in life.

If my parents had never drank and taught my that it was not a normal thing to do then it would be far more likely that I wouldn't drink in later life just like people who grow up with a parent who smokes are statistically more likely to be smokers themselves.

Oh and you don't know that their going to do drugs unless you have really ****ed up.

I'm going to turn in for the night. I have work tomorrow and I want to get my 8 hours at least.

Thank you all for your input. It's been an absolute pleasure (appart from the flame) and even these past few hours were an insight.
    A1

• Advertisement

But you are taking a risk that they might do it into the defiant fact that they have done it and are therefor much more likely to continue to do so.

True lots of teenagers experiment with drugs but lots also don't take any. I fail to see how my introducing them to drugs will result in them using drugs any more responsibly then if I didn't. Perhaps someone could explain how it would?

My first tastes of alcohol where of wine with my parents around the diner table. This didn't stop me getting drunk on Samboca later in life.

If my parents had never drank and taught my that it was not a normal thing to do then it would be far more likely that I wouldn't drink in later life just like people who grow up with a parent who smokes are statistically more likely to be smokers themselves.

Oh and you don't know that their going to do drugs unless you have really ****ed up.

If you educate them in the effects(bad and good) of the drugs then you further their mind. If you just ignore it and say no it will drive them towards it. Teaching them what it actually does benefits more and they're more likely to quit if they know how it truly messes up their bodies.
    And it not always the parents faults that children **** up. Peer pressure has a lot to do with it too not just their upbringing.

If you find your child is taking drugs..educate them and they're more likely to stop.
    She/he did not mean to say introduce them to it. she/he meant that if you found they were using drugs.

Oh no i understand that i just dont want to do it because i fear i would not have that environment :)
    I did consider both sides. if i ever had the right environment and i thought it'd bring me closer to my friends and they did too then i would try it for sure to see its effect on me :)
    Well just for safety, if you ever decide to do it, please purchase a testing kit (they're not expensive and very simple to do) and test a tiny sample of the pill before taking it. MDMA itself is not very dangerous but ecstasy pills can be laced with more dangerous drugs such as speed, piperazines and even PMA/PMMA. If the pill tests positive for any of these then do not take it. Also, staying hydrated is incredibly important, especially when in a nightclub, so be sure to try and drink around a pint of water every hour. MDMA dehydrates the body and for this reason it should not be mixed with alcohol. This information is not to encourage you to take ecstasy, just to make sure that if you do take it you'll be safe.

It's better to inform children about the risks of particularly dangerous drugs (heroin, cocaine etc) and to inform them about safety procedures that mustn't be ignored when taking the more common drugs (mdma, cannabis). This way you're not encouraging or introducing drug use to your children, but by giving them information you will be protecting them. Telling them that "all drugs are bad and they'll all kill you" is counter-productive as they're likely not to listen. At least if they have information they can be safe.

If you educate them in the effects(bad and good) of the drugs then you further their mind. If you just ignore it and say no it will drive them towards it. Teaching them what it actually does benefits more and they're more likely to quit if they know how it truly messes up their bodies.
    And it not always the parents faults that children **** up. Peer pressure has a lot to do with it too not just their upbringing.

If you find your child is taking drugs..educate them and they're more likely to stop.
    She/he did not mean to say introduce them to it. she/he meant that if you found they were using drugs.
    An0n wrote:
    My theory is, that, like alcohol; young persons should be introduced to drugs in a safe and secure environment. It sounds crazy, but imagine this: Parents want to give their teenager the experience of let's say, canabis, in the safety of their own home; in regulated dosage and with reliable sources? Oh christ no, that would be all over the news as an abusive parenting case. But yet thousands of teens, and preteens, are taking to the streets every weekend damaging their liver and lungs with alcohol and tobacco. How could the proposed idea be worse than that?

This is what He/She said and it says nothing about only doing this if you found out He/She said introduce.

I would educate my child about drugs and would not ignore them at all but I would not recommend they try them and certainly wouldn't supervise while they took drugs.

I have actually researched quite a lot into the effects of drugs with a particular focus on cannabis and its effects on mental health. Also my girlfriend worked for a number of years as a drug and alcohol councilor. I am all for giving information to young people, I'm just not all for giving drugs to young people.

By the way what I meant by the parenting ****ed up thing is accepting that your child will defiantly eventually take drugs even if you don't know that they are now.

I'm just not all for giving drugs to young people.
    Doc wrote:

Are you annoyed that your parents allowed you to imbibe a mind-altering substance? Not being snarky, just wondering.

Are you annoyed that your parents allowed you to imbibe a mind-altering substance? Not being snarky, just wondering.

I'm not annoyed.

• Advertisement

I'm not annoyed.

How come? There's a contradiction there, between parents being allowed to supervise a pint of beer or a glass of wine (reputation untarnished) rather than a joint (tarnished).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I'm not annoyed.

How come? There's a contradiction there, between parents being allowed to supervise a pint of beer or a glass of wine (reputation untarnished) rather than a joint (tarnished).

You've answered the question yourself. Supervising the consumption of alcohol leaves your reputation untarnished while supervising your child smoking a joint will tarnish your reputation. He didn't make it that way, a lack off awareness and a spread of false information has made it that way.

You asked me was I annoyed at my parents and I'm not. If they offered to let me smoke a joint I wouldn't be annoyed at them either however it is not something I would do with my children. The Topic is about experimenting with illegal substances not mind altering substances. You may not like it but it is illegal to buy a joint.

Fair enough.
    I thought (wrongly, obviously) from a previous post that you'd be annoyed, whatever way it was said.
    I know the thread is about illegal substances, but I think the OP's point in question boils down to "Do you care if it's illegal? Why?"

Fair enough.
    I thought (wrongly, obviously) from a previous post that you'd be annoyed, whatever way it was said.
    I know the thread is about illegal substances, but I think the OP's point in question boils down to "Do you care if it's illegal? Why?"

You may think that was the question but the OP was pretty clear what his questions were...
    An0n wrote:
    So the questions are;

Which circumstance would you rather expose your teen to?
    Which would be viewed as most negatively by society?
    and why? Explain your views. I could be completely wrong according to someone

By saying that his question is "Do you care if it's illegal? Why?" you are completely changing the thread from one (that although I disagree with the premise of) had a reasonably original idea in it to one that has been asked too many times to remember here on after hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Sauve wrote: »
    So you'd be in favour of heroin addicts having children?
    Please tell me why that'd be a good idea...

While I wouldn't agree with it, it's their choice at the end of the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

KKkitty wrote: »
    Not long after taking it my brain honestly felt like it was put on a frying pan. Do not try it.

That's just bad E. But then again, that's why I don't do it. No quality control. Pure MDMA is not that harmful in the correct dosages. The trouble is finding good stuff. And with people taking too much of it.
    It's the same with alcohol. It's possible to drink responsably. The issue lies with people who abuse the substance.

I read the OP's post and i saw an 18 year old who thinks he knows a hell of a lot more about the world than he actually does.
    Well of course they're extremely bad, they wouldn't be illegal otherwise

Grass is legal in Holland. Does that mean the dutch people hate their youth? Or does that mean that that grass isn't harmful in amsterdam, but it is here?
    For those that have never been to the netherlands, it's probably the most efficent country you could ever go to. I'd trust their goverment more than ours.

For what it matters, grass has been shown to be safer than alcohol in most studies. It isn't healthy, I'm not going to pretend it is. but it is healthier than alcohol.

btw, nearly every dealer I know who sells grass just sells grass. Nothing else. The few who sell pills would never try to get someone to buy them. it's not like they have to go looking for customers. It's always harder to find a good reliable dealer than it is for a dealer to find customers. And I've known quite a few dealers. Dealers are not how a teenager gets introduced to any drug. It's through his mates.
    And really, a good system of education regarding the risks is probably the best prevention. And it should be state sponsored. the OP is the best example of that. He's someone with no experience. Someday if he has kids, and he's trying to impart information, he'll have no experience and pretty much feck all knowledge. A full comprehensive drug and sex education should be rolled out by the government and should be complusary for every teen.

My drug education in school was nil. And my sex education was done by a pair of catholics who talked about how important it was to have a place for God in a relationship.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

I would prefer if (i had a teen taking drugs ),they experimented with drugs in a safe enviornment..
    In Ireland they will be introducing consumption rooms in 2014,where people who want to experiement with drugs,and drug users can for example shoot up in these safe locations.
    Also it cuts out the drug users and drug takers hanging out around the streets and getting in trouble.

Grayson wrote: »
    That's just bad E. But then again, that's why I don't do it. No quality control. Pure MDMA is not that harmful in the correct dosages. The trouble is finding good stuff. And with people taking too much of it.
    It's the same with alcohol. It's possible to drink responsably. The issue lies with people who abuse the substance.

I read the OP's post and i saw an 18 year old who thinks he knows a hell of a lot more about the world than he actually does.

Grass is legal in Holland. Does that mean the dutch people hate their youth? Or does that mean that that grass isn't harmful in amsterdam, but it is here?
    For those that have never been to the netherlands, it's probably the most efficent country you could ever go to. I'd trust their goverment more than ours.

For what it matters, grass has been shown to be safer than alcohol in most studies. It isn't healthy, I'm not going to pretend it is. but it is healthier than alcohol.

btw, nearly every dealer I know who sells grass just sells grass. Nothing else. The few who sell pills would never try to get someone to buy them. it's not like they have to go looking for customers. It's always harder to find a good reliable dealer than it is for a dealer to find customers. And I've known quite a few dealers. Dealers are not how a teenager gets introduced to any drug. It's through his mates.
    And really, a good system of education regarding the risks is probably the best prevention. And it should be state sponsored. the OP is the best example of that. He's someone with no experience. Someday if he has kids, and he's trying to impart information, he'll have no experience and pretty much feck all knowledge. A full comprehensive drug and sex education should be rolled out by the government and should be complusary for every teen.

My drug education in school was nil. And my sex education was done by a pair of catholics who talked about how important it was to have a place for God in a relationship.

Why is everyone so preoccupied with insulting with OP?
    I raise good points, as pointed out by many in this thread.
    If you can't discuss both sides of a discussion without a pretense of condescending notions, then just leave.
    There's no place for you here if that's the case. We're here for an educated discussion.

I liked your points. I disliked the way you tried to enforce them.
    I never said I had a lot of experience or knowledge, I just raised points to discuss here. One of the main purposes of this forum is to have open conversations that can have very productive responses.
    Perhaps you're the person who needs to learn?

Thank you for your time; nevertheless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

My 2 cents here. I didn't drink until I was 19, I did not smoke ciggarettes or touch drugs during secondary school or college as many others have the OP stated.

Many studies have been done regarding drugs, drawing a comaprarison to a study on gravity is a bit misleading. I haven't tried to find the Higgs boson either but I'll read about the study and not try to tear a hole in the Universe :P I can research drugs myself and make an opinionated, informed decision without having to try them and put myself in potential danger.

Parents could talk to their kids about it and without saying never do them, just say here's what the possible side effects are, if you want to do them that's up to you. I'd ask that you not do them in the house because your mother was a long time junkie and it might cause her to relapse

• Advertisement
Advertisement