Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

free web hosting and irish server

Options
  • 19-07-2012 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hallo guys, i really need to use a free web hosting with servers located in Ireland. Could you please help me to find some?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭gerryR

I don't know of any "propper" free web hosting in Ireland, however depending on who provides your broadband they may offer some free webspace as part of the package? I think upc give 300mb of space but AFAIK the address would have to be something like yourname.upc.ie.

I know of one crowd who provide 100mb of free propper hosting space but they're in the US I think (https://www.hostzilla.net/)

Rgds

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

drjis wrote: »
    Hallo guys, i really need to use a free web hosting with servers located in Ireland. Could you please help me to find some?

It would help if you specify requirements.

What do you need it for [development or actual hosting]?

If you have a PC at home, you can setup a web hosting package on your PC. if it's for a small amount of users, you can also even make it publically accessable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Oh, and why only Irish servers, if you don't mind me asking. There is very little time delay between Irish servers and foreign servers, generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 drjis

RangeR wrote: »
    Oh, and why only Irish servers, if you don't mind me asking. There is very little time delay between Irish servers and foreign servers, generally.

i didn't know about it, anyway i need it only for hosting

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

SEO I'd guess. An IE domain would achieve the same, but if you're too cheap to buy a few quid's worth of hosting, then I guess it's not an option. :)

You get what you pay for with free hosting. Crap usually. Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055463717
    No discussion of web hosting companies. Sorry folks, but as the archives of the Web Hosting forums show, once that sort of discussion starts, things head downhill faster than can be corrected for.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement