Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Memories From Last Season - Good, Bad And Anything Inbetween

• 19-07-2012 1:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

While you're waiting another few weeks for the new season to start I though I might as well set up this thread.

Post your memories, good or bad, from last season. If possible include a video and a brief description to help refresh the memory of others. Of course they don't have to be specific to your club and can be from any competition any where in the world.

Here are mine, starting with good:

Ji winner V Man City:

I would have been over the moon with a 0-0 draw, but that last minute winner was just unreal. Poor call by the linesman of course as Ji was offside, but the reaction after the goal from the crowd was first class. Great day of celebrations all round and one of the best memories of last season.

Larsson Free Kick V Blackburn

Another last minute winner here. O'Neill's first game in charge, we go 1-0 down at home to Blackburn and things are looking grim. Vaughan equalises with a screamer before Larsson puts that free kick away in added time to spark the start of a great run under the new manager after a shocking start to the season under Bruce.

Robin Van Persie Scoring For Fun

Van Persie is one of my favourite players. I was delighted to see him fully fit for virtually all of last season and it was a joy to watch him scoring week in, week out, even though 1 of his best goals last season was a superb free-kick against us to win the game!

Last 5 Minutes Of The Premier League Season

I doubt we'll ever see another finish to a Premier League season like this one. Everyone knows what happens so no need for a description really.

Real Madrid Winning La Liga:

I'm a big fan of Mourinho and for the vast majority of the time I watched Real Madrid last season I was very impressed with them. 121 goals scored, a goal difference of +89 and beating the supposed best team in the world to the title by 9 points.

Bad:

Newcastle's Great Season:

My laptop has just spat at me for searching for such a video, but in the interest of fairness I have to put it in :pac: Obviously Newcastle's great season was bad from my point of view, although many will probably have this as one of their highlights.

Fabrice Muamba Collapsing On The Field:

This was terrible. I didn't see it live but watching the replays after words was awful. The below video doesn't show much, mainly just the reaction of the crowd and players.

The Racism Scandals:

Suarez V Evra, Terry V Ferdinand, abuse fired via Twitter to black people associated with football such as Stan Collymore and Sammy Ameobi, this season will be tainted by the racism scandals.

I'll leave it there for now, please add your own :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Thanks, that end of season vid from United and City is heartbreaking :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Best moment by far but also one of the most tense and nervous also.

Still get goosebumps watching it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

This is what annoys me about doctors. I'm convinced that last season Houllier was forced to leave Villa with heart problems, after which we appointed Paul Lambert as the new manager.

The quacks are claiming that Houllier left a year ago, and that I am showing signs of selective amnesia, brought on by a hugely traumatic event. But what on earth could have happened at Villa last season that was so traumatic as to selectively wipe an entire year from my memory? It's complete nonsense, they haven't a clue what they're talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought this was a great moment considering the flak the guy had taken. It was almost like it was from a Hollywood script Also loved most Barca fans applauding him.

Commentary's a bit...eh...special too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

The bad:
    Losing 3 of our best players as the season began.
    Losing 8-2 to United.
    Being generally crap for large chunks of the season.

The good:
    Somehow retaining a Champions league spot! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Arsenal fan so bare with me. I really enjoyed having Henry back for a spell at the club. He was an amazing striker when he was in the English league and on his return showed his class again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

On mobile so I'll have no links, but my memories of last season are:

Imposing a self imposed financial boycott on LUFC. Itll achieve nothing, but it made me know how much Ken Bates should **** off.

As a result (and my bros similar hatred of Glazers), we went to a Bray wanderers match. Best decision we've made. That first match brought us close enough, and the attention of, James Mcclean. Knowing 2 players for them made it laughable. Best decision to support a local team financially.

Was a turning ppint in me being a football follower, so I hope tp so spread the love.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Sagna's goal versus Spurs and that win in general.

Putting 5 past Chelsea in their own ground and beating City at home (when it should have handed United the title) were up there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

My club, Aston Villa.

Good

Throw in against QPR, went into opposition half.

Corner against Wigan, led to shot on target.

Lovely pictures on website showing Villa players visiting Acorns hospital.

Bad

Every home game.

Every away game.

Every press conference with he whose name shall not be repeated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Winning 8-2 against Arsenal

2-1 vs Liverpool and Evra's celebrations after the match

Also Welbeck's goal agaisnt Spurs. Cleverley's cross and Welbeck header. Two young players who came through the ranks, it was great to watch that as both were just started to settle in the team.

Nani's goal against Chelsea

Valencia's goal against Blackburn

Return of Scholes and his performances in the league.

There are many many great memories and had it not for Aguero goal, would have been some season for ManUtd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

As good as that City/United video in the OP is, it needs more Martin Tyler orgasm. I've watched it at least 100 times and it still gives me goosebumps. It'll never ever get any better than that, simply perfect.

Added Merson orgasm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Winning 8-2 against Arsenal

2-1 vs Liverpool and Evra's celebrations after the match

Also Welbeck's goal agaisnt Spurs. Cleverley's cross and Welbeck header. Two young players who came through the ranks, it was great to watch that as both were just started to settle in the team.

Nani's goal against Chelsea

Valencia's goal against Blackburn

Return of Scholes and his performances in the league.

There are many many great memories and had it not for Aguero goal, would have been some season for ManUtd.

Two childish players (Suarez and Evra) being particularly childish, nothing to be proud of or lauded. Their idiocy should be wiped from memory not heralded as a high point of the season.

One of the absolute lows for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,261 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

As a Chelsea fan, the CL final was just unbelievable. I thought Torres' goal couldn't be topped... not even close. Winning the FA was good, too.

As an Atleti fan, demolishing Athletic and just getting to see Falcao at the club are amazing memories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Good:

Almost everything from a Newcastle point of view was incredible about last season. The 11 game unbeaten streak at the start of the season, Shola's late equaliser against Sunderland, that West Brom game when Ben Arfa/Cisse and Ba just tore them to shreds, that wonder strike from Cisse against Chelsea.

One of the most refreshing seasons as a Newcastle fan with some excellent football on disaply at times. Was great seeing us go toe to toe with the big teams and coming up with a result on more than one occasion.

The Liverpool game when we beat them 2-0. Funniest game I've ever watched. From Carroll's dive to Cisse taking the piss for his second and Enrique going in goal, it had everything. :pac:

Made a serious push for Champions League place but Europa League is an incredible achievement and can't wait for it this season.

---

Other teams:

Chelsea winning the Champions League. I rather like Di Matteo and I was delighted he brought them there.

Man City winning the league. In fact, the drama of the last day was just incredible. I know Sky hype the shíte out of things sometimes but this was definitely a last day I'll not forget easily. Won't see another like it.

Norwich City. An absolute joy to watch. Their never say die attitude and the work rate they put in to every game was great. Hopefully Hughton does a good job there this season.

The Bad:

Tevez and the bullshít that went on after it.

The heightened issue of racism that encompassed an otherwise brilliant season.

The death of Gary Speed. Just an awful moment hearing about it that Sunday morning. Heartbreaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Good

Winning the League Cup. Beating Man United and Everton on the way to the FA Cup final.

JoseEnrique_532x53_1460891a.jpg

Bad

Everything else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

As a Leeds fan and a Welshman but most of all as a football fan, the bad for me is Gary Speed's untimely death.

From a national perspective it is one of the worst things ever to happen to our football team, but football, not just Welsh football, suffered a huge loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

One of the most poignant moments of the season for me was Billy Sharp scoring a goal a few days after the death of his infant son, and dedicating a t shirt emblazoned FOR YOU SON to him. Tear to the eye sort of stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Good

What a way to open a season:

De Gea's turning point:

Antonio Valencia in general

The return of Scholes and almost immediately re-establishing himself by dominating games

Best pitch invasion ever

Tim Howard outscoring Downing in the league :pac:

Bad
    Vidic's injury

Liverpool's poor reaction and handling of the Suarez situation

Joey Barton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Good: Borussia Dortmund defending the title in the Bundesliga and hammering Bayern Munich in the cup final

Bad: Liverpool finishing 8th and Athletic Bilbao loosing to Athletico Madrid in the Europa League

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

Some good Irish moments:

9593218.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

kryogen wrote: »
    Thanks, that end of season vid from United and City is heartbreaking :(

ive not seen a single second of that city game, so to me, it never happened :cool:. still havent even see the aguero goal, the full time whistle, the trophy being lifted nor know nothing about what went on there only City won 3-2 with an injury time brace.

maybe in a few years time, ill bring myself around to looking at it or at least,if united win the league, ill watch it then....only then will it feel alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Good: The drama of those last few minutes of the league season. Incredible, and i don't know if we'll see its like for quite a while again.

Bad: Niall Quinn getting to commentate on said drama.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The best moment of the season was Chelsea's thin blue line getting the job done in the Nou Camp. One of the most pulsating games of recent years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

AC Milan players leave

These lads were Kings among men. It'll be a long time before these legends are forgotten.
    Now that I think of it, AC had a crazy season. Cassano's heart problems then playing in the Euro's. Pato's goal 20 seconds in against Barca (then a last minute equaliser), Nesta's tackle on Messi, the 4-0 drubbing of Arsenal, losing to Inter for Juve to win the league.

But this, this is just magnificent. Kevin-Prince Boateng was on fire for about 2 months. Scoring screamers on a regular basis. He was criminally under-rated this season

The bad part of the Italian season: The match-fixing. Just when I think people will look at the Italian league without thinking "aw sure it's only 0-0 draws and boring defending blah blah blah" this comes out and the image of Italian football is damaged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

The first heart stopper

Then the second

They thought it was all over until

The hero strikes again

The downside of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Arsenal scoring 5 against Chelsea and Spurs.

The Chelsea game came after the away defeats at Spurs and United, but here was proof that the team was capable of winning at a major rival's home ground. The most joyous moment was Van Persie leaving Terry in his wake and on his ass on his way to scoring the fifth.

Against Spurs it was a little harsh that we were 2 - 0 down but you could really feel Spurs fans beginning to believe that they were top dogs in North London. 30 minutes later and normal service was resumed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Newcastle's remarkable season.

The return of Henry, arguably the greatest player of the PL era and to score on his second debut

As a neutral the drama of the last few minutes of the last weekend. Don't think we'll ever see a title finish as exciting.

Also enjoyed how the 3 promoted teams stayed up.

And of course Chelsea's heroic efforts in Europe. Sheer bravery and determination to beat Europe's finest and to beat Bayern in their own patch. Were completely written off after the first leg of the last 16 but what an effort it was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

To call it good is an understatement. To finally reach the promised land after so many crushing, demoralising and horrible defeats, Chelsea finally drank from the Holy Grail last May. The ghosts of Moscow, Iniesta in 2009, the penalties against Liverpool, Garcia's ghost goal... all banished in one instant. There have been years in the past when Chelsea probably deserved to get the Champions League; then in the year where they most probably did not deserve it, they win it.

I myself had written Chelsea off following the first leg debacle against Napoli; some fan!!! But I have never seen such a comeback over the next series of games. Benfica were not to be underestimated, but most were confident of striding on to the semi-final, but there the large, showy figure of Barcelona lurked. Again, most dissenting voices wrote Chelsea off. To make up for the pain of losing La Liga, Barca would be out for blood and to defend their Champions League would help ease the pain of seeing Mourinho's Madrid lift La Liga.

How wrong we all were. Grit, determination, belief and utter dedication to the cause saw Chelsea win the first leg. But surely, voices said, once Chelsea were at Barcelona's mercy in the Nou Camp, the then-Champions of Europe would be ruthless and luck would finally desert Chelsea.

The script was followed closely for most of the first half; Chelsea trailed 2-0 (2-1 on aggregate) thanks to goals from Busquets and Iniesta, with John Terry getting sent off sandwiched between the two goals. Dear god... The script was torn up by Ramires close to half-time; a sublime pass from Lampard found the on-running Ramires who deftly lobbed the ball over the onrushing Valdes. On aggregate as it stood at half-time, Chelsea were through to the final. The only time that Barcelona were actually ahead in the tie was for a short period between Iniesta's goal and Ramires'.

During the second half in the Nou Camp, Barcelona hammered, huffed, puffed and battered at Chelsea's defence, but it held tight. Until Drogba brought down Fabregas and the referee pointed to the spot. Lionel Messi stepped up. Lionel Messi struck the ball hard. Lionel Messi hit the bar. Chelsea still lived. Barcelona 'scored' later on in the half, but Chelsea were saved by the linesman's flag.

The waves of Barcelona attacks continued relentlessly; but Chelsea held firm. In a desperate scramble, and amidst fairly strong claims for a handball, the ball surged forward to Fernando Torres. Torres was past the centre circle and one-on-one with Victor Valdes. Busquets sprinted for all it was worth, but was still a good ten yards behind Torres. With less than two minutes remaining, Torres ran, feinted, skipped around Valdes and scored a remarkable equaliser that made sure that Chelsea were through to the Champions League Final. The faces of the crestfallen Barcelona players said it all; more than being upset or disappointed, their looks were those of sheer disbelief, wondering how could this possibly be happening. It mattered not; ten-man Chelsea with their makeshift back-line had triumphed over Barcelona. Beauty had been thrashed by the Beast.

Despite this awesome victory, there still stood a huge question mark over Chelsea. They faced into the Final against Bayern Munich without several key players (Captain John Terry, Branislav Ivanovic, Ramires and Raul Meireles) and fitness questions lingered over David Luiz and Gary Cahill. Many felt that Chelsea's dream run in the Champions League would end in Munich.

The Final went the way most expected; Bayern were technically superior and dominated, forging most of the best chances. They chipped and probed at Chelea's defence, trying to find a weak spot. Chelsea held resolute, until the 83rd minute. Thomas Muller's driving header hit the deck and then the back of the net. Bayern celebrated like men possessed. They had done it. They had broken Chelsea's defiant defence and at the perfect time too. Surely, surely now, Chelsea would finally die at the hands of a superior enemy. Surely, there was not enough time remaining for them to forge a comeback. So sure were Bayern of their impending victory, they substituted Muller for Daniel van Buyten mere moments after his 'winning' goal.

But once again, once more, Chelsea gathered up broken pieces and made one final attempt to live on. Juan Mata drilled a corner in. Didier Drogba rose to meet it. Bayern's net bulged and Chelsea's fans and players rejoiced! 88 minutes in and extra time beckoned.

Bayern kept hammering at Chelsea's re-bolted door, and saw a hint of light. Ribery darted forward and the hero mere moments ago, Drogba was painted now as a potential villain, bringing Ribery down in the box and gifting Bayern a penalty. Once again, it looked bleak. Former Chelsea man Arjen Robben stepped up. But once again, the Football God smiled upon Chelsea. Robben fluffed his lines, drove his shot low and weak. Cech gathered the ball in, and Chelsea breathed once again.

Ivica Olic (who would have a later, defining role too) carved Bayern's next best chance of the game in the dying minutes of Extra Time; his shot/cross flew across the mouth of Chelsea's goal, with van Buyten stopping short of poking it in. Had he not been brought on, and had Muller been in the same position... would the same have happened?

The cruelty of penalties emerged. Memories of The Pain In The Rain flooded back. Surely, it could not happen again? Not again...

Bayern's captain Lahm stepped up first. With typical precision, he buried his penalty into the goal to Cech's left.

Juan Mata stepped up to take Chelsea's first. He drove low and weak. Neuer saves. The Pain In The Rain loomed large. Surely, it could not happen again???

Mario Gomez took Bayern's second. Drilled into the bottom corner to Cech's left, it was unstopable. Bayern led 2-0.

David Luiz took a 100 yard dash run up to his penalty. Through my fingers, I saw him smash it home, high and into the top corner. Brilliant penalty.

Confusion surrounded Bayern's third penalty. Nobody appeared to be making the long walk up for Bayern. Then Manuel Neuer walked towards the spot. Goalkeeper v. goalkeeper. Neuer's shot was not the most convincing in the world, but it just had enough to beat Cech. 3-1 to Bayern, but Cech had gone the right way for every penalty he had faced so far.

The captain for the night stepped up for Chelsea. Conviction in his eyes, Frank Lampard knew what he had to do. And he did it. Powered high down the middle, it was still 3-2 to Bayern.

The first non-German to take a penalty for Germany was Ivica Olic. He stepped forward. For a moment, I personally saw hope; he did not look confident at all. Please... oh, please... Prayers were answered. Olic's shot had placement, but not power. Cech went the right way and palmed the shot away.

Ashley Cole strode forward, the diminutive left back oozing cool confidence. It was with good cause. His was a driving, nigh-on unsavable shot into the left of the goal, hitting the side netting. The shootout was now levelled at 3-3. Two spot kicks remained. Destiny beckoned.

For Bayern's final penalty, Bastian Schweinsteiger strode forward. Of all the players on that pitch, he was the one that was almost a cert to score the penalty. He staggered his run up, he drove low and to Cech's left........ and found Cech's outstretched fingertips that put the ball onto the post and a miss. One kick away.... just like in Moscow. One kick away from glory.

Cometh the hour, cometh the man... The man for whom there would be a great underlining of his whole Chelsea career. His conversion rate for Chelsea was superb and he had a knack of scoring crucial goals. More than any other kick of a ball he had made for Chelsea, this one would be the most vital. Two steps was the length of the run up. Neuer dived to his left. Drogba shot low to Neuer's right. Neuer cast a despairing look over his shoulder as Drogba's cool penalty slotted into the bottom corner. Drogba peeled away and embraced Petr Cech. Chelsea players surged off the half-way line and celebrated in front of their fans. The suspended players stripped off their tracksuits and revealed stips and joined in.

Michel Platini presented the trophy to John Terry and Frank Lampard. And six little words, six words I feared that would never be uttered, summed it all up: Chelsea Are The Champions Of Europe.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Jesus Daz, you should write a book! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

ive not seen a single second of that city game, so to me, it never happened :cool:. still havent even see the aguero goal, the full time whistle, the trophy being lifted nor know nothing about what went on there only City won 3-2 with an injury time brace.

maybe in a few years time, ill bring myself around to looking at it or at least,if united win the league, ill watch it then....only then will it feel alright.

Don't......

Good.

5-2 win over Spurs. Myself and the dad were going mental after a goal that shouldn't have been given and Bale diving for the penalty. Lot of asthma and angina inhalers used in that couple of hours :pac:

5-3 win over Chelsea, Terry on his stomach staring at God running away from him.

1-0 win over Liverpool. Got dominated the whole match, players looked absolutely jaded but held on and sickened Liverpool for an "undeserved" win.

2-1 win over Newcastle. Went a goal down, God equalised instantly and for the rest of the match was just waiting. Right at the end Walcott chips it into 5 Arsenal players in the box and it falls to Vermaelen, awesome.

1-0 win over Man City. Absolutely dominated possession, City looked disinterested but we couldn't get the breakout til Arteta popped up with a screamer.

2nd leg against Milan, team showed some balls but just ran out of steam in the end.

The bad.

8-2, enough said.
    Losing 4-3 to a crap Blackburn team.
    3 losses and a draw to start the new year. First one was probably the worst, leading til the 85th minute and somehow lost it.
    The loss to Spurs.

Non-Arsenal related, that incident in Egypt was horrible to see and didn't seem to get a massive amount of attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Good

There wasn't much good about last season for Inter fans but here are a couple:

Inter 4-2 Milan

As I already said, this was a terrible season for Inter and with only one game after the derby Milan needed to win and keep their title challenge alive. 3 penalties, some awful refereeing and a cracker from Maicon topped off what was a very good game.

Stramaccioni

He started the season as coach of the Primavera side and was promoted to the first team after winning the NextGen series. He started what was an amazing season for Inters underage teams, winning 3 of the 4 national leagues at underage levels, something that has never been done before. He also brought a new life into the first team and had them playing the best football they had all season, bringing a little bit of hope back for the fans after the disaster that was Gasperini and Ranieri.

Bad
    I could probably go on all day and still not cover all the bad areas from this season but I'll keep it to 3.

Novara

Being beaten home and away by a team that eventually got relegated finishing 19th in the league, two of the worst results from an awful season.

Juve winning the scudetto

They may have deserved it, but it is still a hard thing to watch for any Inter fan and Inter beating Milan also handed the title to them so we even gave them a helping hand.

Piermario Morosini
    I cant find a fitting video for Piermario and I don't want to put anything distasteful here so I won't put a video. What can you say about this, the worst moment in football all season, RIP Piermario.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

From a Barcelona point of view, it's pretty much all about Guardiola..

Guardiola's last home game. Winning 1-3 at the Bernabeu after being 1-0 down by not being unnerved and committed. The rise of Tello.

Bad point of view? Guardiola being so fed up with Madrid-Barcelona that he found no enjoyment out of the 2-6 win or 5-0 win...yet. Villa breaking his leg, Abidal's practical retirement, Pique's doziness after his accident.

Most of all though, the reaction of the fans after Torres' goal. Still hearing Ole le ola la ser el Barca es...is almost unheard of after going out, especially when you're expected to go through. Usually the knives are out in past regimes. Hopefully that unity remains for Villanova.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Being in the Etihad Stadium for that last day. The best day of my footballing life, without doubt.

dV9CS.jpg

One of the dozens of pics I took that day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Apoel making the quarter finals of the Champions League has to be another highlight. Absolutely incredible achievement. Didn't disgrace themselves against Madrid either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,992 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Good: The introduction of Papiss Cisse to the Premier league and his awesome goals.

Bad:

Steve Kean in charge of Blackburn at the start of the season.:mad:

Worse: Blackburn Rovers relegated.:(

Living nightmare: Steve Kean still in the manager's job.:mad::(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

The good:

Papiss Cissé, and Newcastle United's season. Absolutely remarkable. This goal just about summed it up. It was his second in arguably the best brace I've seen in the history of the Premier League.

PapissCisse_1501648a.jpg

The Bad:

From a NUFC perspective; this tackle. Absolutely horrendous, Coloccini (arguably our player of the season) managed to avoid breaking his leg here, how, I'm not quite sure.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtsuJiPJJTSABhWENmjvr6mropQRSLZ5kc_K0BXMUQVbT1p9MY_Tqt2GfOeQ

Anything Inbetween:

Like many have said, that finish to the Premier League. Unforgettable.
    Us hammering MUFC at home 3-0, don't see that too often!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Went to San Paolo for this game. Atmosphere was like nothing i've seen in my life. Napoli's tifosi are the greatest in Europe if not the world itself.

So nice to stop Juve doing the double. And rub my Juve mate's nose in it!

first time Leeds concede 7 at Elland Road. Nice payback for the 4 they put past us at City Ground

Goal of the Season in The Championship

Advertisement