Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welfare and temporary project work

Options
  • 19-07-2012 5:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi, Ive searched around for an answers to this question but could find none.

At the moment I'm on Jobseekers Allowance and have been offered temporary project work. Basically, an individual offered to pay me to build a website. I've read various places that if a person works three days per week they can collect for the other two days, but I don't know how that applies in this case because the number of hours or days I work is undecided and varies. I asked at the welfare office but the person at the hatch couldn't tell me exactly what I needed to do.

I'll ring again to see if I can get exact instructions but I'm tempted for simplicity's sake just to tell them that I got a week's work. Would that be alright. I'm trying to go by th books but I really don't know where to go from here.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Will you be working in paid insurable employment? Or on a self employed basis?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Chett

Self employed.

Advertisement