Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depeche Mode Tour 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 IntoYourSister

Stage Times:

The Jezabels 7:45pm

Depeche Mode 8.40pm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Only things I can see changing are Martin's songs, maybe sub Black Celebration for Barrel Of A Gun. Good news is we'll probably be spared Child Inside and if Belfast got Home we're getting But Not Tonight? :pac:

I predict A Question of Lust making an appearance. Personally, I'd love to get Barrel of a Gun and I'd be delighted if The Child Inside was ditched too, but I do agree that the bulk of the set will probably be the same.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Guys, heading up to my third DM concert tomorrow evening, and I like I Feel You, they usually time it to really start rockin', hopefully they'll play Just Can't Get Enough as I haven't heard that live yet.

One quick question re parking, don't want to park at the O2, what's the name of that hotel just as you enter the Custom House dock area and can you still park there for the evening.

Yours in DM!

PS What's the story with cameras, I'd love to bring my DSLR as I saw a few of them the last time??

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Re cameras, anything up to 35mm lens is okay...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Cant wait, would like if Barrel of a gun was put back in meself. Goin on me own now obvs not missin this but am left with a spare ticket :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Hokuto

Hi all, I'm going to this gig tonight! So excited and I really cannot wait :D
    I've seen the videos of their concerts in YouTube and I thought to myself that I would love to be part of that experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

You're in for treat Hokuto! :)

Can't wait for this. Would have liked to hear Martin do Shake the Disease but looks unlikely now as Belfast got it. This will be my 7th time seeing them and it's always special.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Subject

Afterparty... Details HERE.

Depeche Mode - Should Be Higher (Truss Remix):
    http://youtu.be/Ev9mRfohOIY

Heading out the door in a while to make it up to the big smoke, c'mon the mode!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Just home, pretty amazeballs. That's my 12th DM gig and 4th in the Point/O2, but my first without a drink (meds related :( ), Which in hindsight possibly added to my enjoyment of the gig. Great set, highlights for me were A Pain That I'm used to (heavily influenced by the Jacques LuCont Remix) and Martin's performance of Shake The Disease.

Have to say though that while Dave gave it everything (as usual) and Martin was on top form vocally, Fletch looked bored and it's at the stage where I genuinely wonder what he actually does anymore (a fact backed up by the autobiography I recently read). Anyone notice his dancing? Embarrassing uncle at a wedding type stuff. He's got to be the luckiest man alive!

Finally, a big shout out to the guy with the worst B.O. In the world who sat beside me, thanks for making me feel nauseous dude!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Ha! I was having the exact same thought about Fletch and the dad dancing!! Gig was amazing as always, great night.
    What was the biography you read btw? Might give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Ronan wrote: »
    Ha! I was having the exact same thought about Fletch and the dad dancing!! Gig was amazing as always, great night.
    What was the biography you read btw? Might give it a go.

Stripped by Johnathan Miller, an encyclopaedic account of the band from beginning to 2008. It's excellent, goes very deep into each album, most singles, Dave's dark drug induced days, Martin's genral weirdness, the producers and all of the inter-relationships of the band (incl. the Vincent Clarke days, and Dave + Martin's solo work). Be warned, it is very long though!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1847724442/ref=mp_s_a_1_sc_1?qid=1384042832&sr=8-1-spell&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

Also worth a look is Dave's autobiography for a different perspective on Miller's work.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1906191115/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1384043131&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

Highly recommend both for any fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Cheers will check them out

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Hokuto

It was a fantastic gig, really enjoyed it! One peeve though, the people who walked out during Martin's performance(s) to get drinks, shame on you lot. I felt bad for the guy. I really liked his performance of 'The Child Inside', rather eerie.
    The performance of 'Never Let Me Down', what can I say, brilliant. Loved it when I saw people doing the 'Wave' near the end of the song.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

First DM gig and enjoyed a lot, they gave it all in fairness. No complaints at all - sound, lighting and vibe from band was excellent.

Well well well, third DM gig and although I really enjoyed it I felt their last one in the O2 was better, not critical of last night but just thought there was more energy at the last gig.
    For me the opening segment was good, I enjoyed the new songs and Martin's efforts but I felt it all really kicked off with Behind The Wheel, liked the bass driven A Pain That I'm Used To also, other than that I embarrassingly played my imaginary keyboards and air guitar as well as air drums and roared the words all night.
    After 31 years I finally got to hear I Just Can't Get Enough so that was my highlight, I still remember hearing it for the first time whilst "doing my homework" from a crappy twin tape ghetto blaster and not getting to hit the record button on time.
    Thanks DM for another great one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

Hope you may enjoy if you were there or like DM..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Depeche-Mode-at-the-O2_Nov-2013_7368.jpg

Sounds like a great gig lads. My missus took a few snaps for Golden Plec and they're up on the site now.

http://www.goldenplec.com/depeche-mode-o2-photos/

edanto wrote: »
    Depeche-Mode-at-the-O2_Nov-2013_7368.jpg

Sounds like a great gig lads. My missus took a few snaps for Golden Plec and they're up on the site now.

http://www.goldenplec.com/depeche-mode-o2-photos/

Very impressive - nice shots.

Thanks for sharing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I was on the barrier last night, something I thought I'd never manage to secure at a DM show. It's like I've gradually worked my way closer and closer at each gig: the first time I saw them, I was way up in the gods in the MEN Arena, and subsequent shows have had me slowly getting ever-closer to the front. :P
    I thought it was great, and worth the admission price for But Not Tonight and Shake the Disease alone. Not that there weren't other highlights - Walking In My Shoes was phenomenal - but those two Martin vocals were stunning. I would agree with the earlier post that the last O2 gig probably had a VERY slight edge, but I think that I'm conditioned by the fact that the SOTU show was one of the first "full scale" arena shows I'd seen in the renovated venue. Last night was equally excellent and - if anything - showcased some great interaction (and nice jokey moments) between Dave and Martin, more than any previous shows.
    And yes, Fletch is really doing less and less every tour.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Fantastic performance. Can't say enough about it. Dave was having a ball of it. Ultimately it's all about the audience but it matters so much more if you know the band are enjoying it too.

I got to hear But Not Tonight live before I died. It's been a hell of a weekend. Many thanks to the friendly heads up the front I was standing about with for 3 hours waiting. Generous people and great craic.

They're aging like a fine wine, lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

yeah that gig was amazing :) The band was in great form I thought the Belfast gig was great but the Dublin one was something special I feel so lucky to have seen them both
    I also managed to get Martin's playlist from Belfast :D

Here's Behind The Wheel for anyone who might be interested...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭devotional1993

Highlight for me was Walking in my shoes. Best dm gig ive seen in Dublin.We are lucky to have such a wonderful venue too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Have to say, I think this show pi**ed all over the last 2 (one in the O2 and the last one in the point I think)

I thought Dave seemed tired on the last tour (SOTU) as I think he wasnt well in the lead up to the gig.

Saturday night was a different story though, amazing energy for a man his age.
    Sound was better aswell IMO.

The perfect gig.
    They do seem to get better every time.
    Pity they only tour every 3-4 years but hopefully we will get a couple more before they call it day.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ugsparky

Third DM gig and I thought that it was brilliant - good sound and wonderful backdrops - Precious was class as was Should be Higher - stunning visuals. Thought they looked and sounded fresh - people seem to forget that Dave was genuinely suffering last tour and was diagnosed with a tumour in his bladder - thought he looked and sounded good ... hope to see them tour again ... now Mr. Bowie ... Is ... you going to do some gigs ???????????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Couple of shots from Saturday. Lucky to get them considering the amount of people who insisted on holding phones above their heads for the entire gig.

C0FB7B4413B4409C86B5AA7EFFA43DB2-0000360871-0003429152-00640L-37EBD1F1B7F44991A8CCF13C45F122B6.jpg

8488198812FE43C6873C52E626AA4A85-0000360871-0003429153-00640L-E2AA658F2D9A45C4909B14F4AE685063.jpg

6C8AB20CE757462A924ED3AF0C4F0957-0000360871-0003429158-00640L-6FF82E1DC6704FC8B73C90F941544549.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ugsparky

Brilliant pics poundhound - I was afraid to chance bringing my DSLR in case I was stopped on the way in - what camera did you use ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

The people who record pretty much the entire thing are confusing creatures. "I've got to have it on me technology!". I don't know how any of them could even keep their hands in the air for that long with the heat inside the place. Mr. Gahan puts you through some workout!

Advertisement