Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stay home unless you want to return in a coffin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

What is this I don't even...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

now i know sweet feck all about football but didn't that end a few weeks ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

I'm going to meme a wurzle gummage head out of spaghetti.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Football ehh !! jumpers for goal posts !!! etc

• Registered Users Posts: 29 marcindd

FatherLen wrote: »
    now i know sweet feck all about football but didn't that end a few weeks ago?

doesn't the Olympics start in a week from today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

OP are you implying this is revenge propoganda aimed at the Olympics because the Brits told people Poland is a shíthole before Euro 2012?

Either way, there'd be a fair bit of money to made in Coffin making these days..... or Posters about Coffins.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

thanks for showing british newspapers are ****e

Plazaman wrote: »
    OP are you implying this is revenge propoganda aimed at the Olympics because the Brits told people Poland is a shíthole before Euro 2012?

Either way, there'd be a fair bit of money to made in Coffin making these days..... or Posters about Coffins.....

yeap, but I'm not sure who exactly stands behind this.
    looks like quite a revenge for the propaganda movie released by BBC before Euro2012 basically telling people not to go to Poland if they want to stay safe and alive

Title I saw says: "Polish contra BBC"

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I'm Confused. So the cops knew that internal affairs were setting them up the whole time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

In truth Im fairly sure Campbell came out with his warning watching the Ukraine, rather than Poland, clips. Still funny though :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

thanks for showing british newspapers are ****e

Because the evening herald is a beacon of journalistic prowess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I'm Confused. So the cops knew that internal affairs were setting them up the whole time?

Do you mind? I'm tryin' to eat my sandwich!

Campbell has just been quoted

it's about the BBC documentary series released before the Euro2012 showing Poland as very racist, homophobic, dangerous country. They strongly advised not to go to Poland for the competition.

like:
    "Euro 2012: BBC documentary ‘Stadiums of Hate’ sparks fears over racism, violence in Poland and Ukraine"
    http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/bbc-panorama-euro-2012-stadiums-hate-part-1/

http://o.canada.com/2012/05/29/euro-2012-bbc-documentary-stadiums-of-hate-sparks-fears-over-racism-violence-in-poland-and-ukraine/

"Was it really such a good idea to hold Euro 2012 in Poland and Ukraine?

That’s a question that arises after watching the BBC Panorama documentary “Euro 2012: Stadiums of Hate.” Reporter Chris Rogers spent a month watching football matches in Poland and Ukraine, and what he found is that both racism and violence persist to a shocking degree among supporters there.

The documentary’s concerns, however, have been swiftly dismissed by tournament organizers. Polish organizers were quoted in an Agence France-Presse story saying that warnings about racism and violence were “unjust” and that the issue of xenophobia was a problem for Europe, and not just Poland. Meanwhile a Ukrainian organizer is calling on the media to take a more “balanced” approach to covering the tournament, asking them to put a “moratorium” on all negative information about Euro 2012."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

i agree its too much hassle why the hell would you wanna be couped up in that..

Advertisement