Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for scratches on glass door

• 19-07-2012 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I've got a JRT and when he's out the back he can scratch the back door to get back in. I've just moved in to a new place and I've got full length glass doors here. I was wondering has anyone used protective see through plastic stickers or something similar to protect the glass or any idea what to use or where to buy something for it would be great,
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Unless his claws are needle sharp, which is unlikely i think the glass will be fine. It'll get filthy alright (easily cleaned) but i dont see how he'd actually scratch the glass itself. We use a diamond marker (a tool with a small diamond) to etch glass in work, so thats the strength his nails would have to be to make any kind of a mark on the window imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭eirator

anniehoo wrote: »
    Unless his claws are needle sharp, which is unlikely i think the glass will be fine. It'll get filthy alright (easily cleaned) but i dont see how he'd actually scratch the glass itself. We use a diamond marker (a tool with a small diamond) to etch glass in work, so thats the strength his nails would have to be to make any kind of a mark on the window imho.

I think the problem can be from small bits of hard particles of sand and grit that get attached to the claws?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

eirator wrote: »
    I think the problem can be from small bits of hard particles of sand and grit that get attached to the claws?
    I get ya.

You can get stick on covering in most hardware shops, usely used on the inside to "frost" over glass. Not sure how hardwearing it would be on the outside though but its easily replaceable.

Advertisement