Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google Now for ICS

• 19-07-2012 10:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭

There is a thread on XDA that has the Google Now search and cards working on ICS. You need root.

I had tried this on my One X before but you needed an AOSP rom for it to work. It now works on Sense Roms as well.

I have installed it and the associated voice search app and it all works great. Anyone else using it? How do you find it?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1747224

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Installed on my S3, will see how it goes.

A widget would be nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Installed on my S3, will see how it goes.

A widget would be nice!

It should add a Google search widget. I tried this, wasn't all that impressed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭nedd

yeah it uses the google search widget. I'm using Nova launcher and i have the "Persistent Search Bar" option ticked. this keeps the google search bar on top of each home screen. That now becomes Google Now search.

Already this morning since installing i have got a Card about driving directions home even though i was only walking as far as the canteen. Could be too clever for its own good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭kenyard

nedd wrote: »
    yeah it uses the google search widget. I'm using Nova launcher and i have the "Persistent Search Bar" option ticked. this keeps the google search bar on top of each home screen. That now becomes Google Now search.

Already this morning since installing i have got a Card about driving directions home even though i was only walking as far as the canteen. Could be too clever for its own good.

haha :P
    to be honest it sounds pretty awesome for what it does though. really intuitive. looking forward to playing with it when the s3 gets updated to 4.1

Advertisement