Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primavera Sound - 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭larrymickdick

hey guys

ok I've never been to primavera before - me & the fella are arriving into Barcelona on the Tuesday night - see there's other gigs going on before the Friday just wondering if I could pick your brains?
    Where do you collect your wristbands from? W
    hat time does it all kick off at?
    Is the ticket for Friday, Saturday & Sunday?

What way does it all work! bit nervous as haven't been to Barcelona before either so complete newbie!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

There are gigs in various clubs around Barcelona (usually Sidecar and Apollo (but I think thats closed now)) from the Monday. You can get in with your booking reference and they'll give you your wristband then if you've your ticket (I THINK! been a while since i bothered going to the gigs).

Last year the Wednesday was a big public concert you didn't need a ticket for down at the Arc De Triomf (yes Barcelona has one too). I think I read this year this concert will actually be on the festival grounds in the forum. The actual festival is from Thursday to Saturday. There was another public event on the Sunday last year at Arc De Triomf so expect this to be on the festival grounds this year as well.

Basically all the details regards this lot will be released on the website well in advance so don't worry too much about it now as it still is all a bit up in the air how things will happen this year. I usually give it all a skip and stick to checking out the city instead on these days and save the Thursday to Saturday for the partying. Festival starts at 6pm on Thursday and 4pm Friday and Saturday and usually goes to about 6am (though I've heard rumours of 9am djs). Headliners usually come on around 11pm with pretty long sets and many second tier headliners dont play until 1am or sometimes even 3am.

I wouldn't worry too much about finding out things. The website is well maintained and if you spend a few minutes at the start of the day to check in with the info tents near the entrance they'll tell you all you really need to know. If you've a smart phone (it's about the only festival that one is worth bothering with as you get to charge it back in your apt every night) you'll be laughing as the apps allow you create a timetable and get interactive directions from where you are to stick to it etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭larrymickdick

Toast wrote: »
    There are gigs in various clubs around Barcelona (usually Sidecar and Apollo (but I think thats closed now)) from the Monday. You can get in with your booking reference and they'll give you your wristband then if you've your ticket (I THINK! been a while since i bothered going to the gigs).

Last year the Wednesday was a big public concert you didn't need a ticket for down at the Arc De Triomf (yes Barcelona has one too). I think I read this year this concert will actually be on the festival grounds in the forum. The actual festival is from Thursday to Saturday. There was another public event on the Sunday last year at Arc De Triomf so expect this to be on the festival grounds this year as well.

Basically all the details regards this lot will be released on the website well in advance so don't worry too much about it now as it still is all a bit up in the air how things will happen this year. I usually give it all a skip and stick to checking out the city instead on these days and save the Thursday to Saturday for the partying. Festival starts at 6pm on Thursday and 4pm Friday and Saturday and usually goes to about 6am (though I've heard rumours of 9am djs). Headliners usually come on around 11pm with pretty long sets and many second tier headliners dont play until 1am or sometimes even 3am.

I wouldn't worry too much about finding out things. The website is well maintained and if you spend a few minutes at the start of the day to check in with the info tents near the entrance they'll tell you all you really need to know. If you've a smart phone (it's about the only festival that one is worth bothering with as you get to charge it back in your apt every night) you'll be laughing as the apps allow you create a timetable and get interactive directions from where you are to stick to it etc.

do you know what - you're an absolute gem - was totally confused about everything - I like to plan forward to see what I'm doing - I'll be arriving in on the Tuesday night & staying till the following Tuesday so will be great to get around and see the city - will have to keep an eye out for what's going on - cheers for the info!!

:D;):):D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

do you know what - you're an absolute gem - was totally confused about everything - I like to plan forward to see what I'm doing - I'll be arriving in on the Tuesday night & staying till the following Tuesday so will be great to get around and see the city - will have to keep an eye out for what's going on - cheers for the info!!

:D;):):D

Toast covered everything there.

Make sure you have your apartment/hotel sorted now too.

Also get the primavera app for your phone. It's really handy.

Weekend tickets are sold out. Still day tickets which as far as I can tell are functionally identical if you've the 3 but cost way more. The cynic in me is thinking they've deliberately weighted the available tickets to have the weekends sell out for effect and push people to buy the day ones at the higher price and also ensure next year that the festival sells out even quicker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

Can anyone shed some light on where we collect wristbands etc? Bought mine through their own portal....
    Weekend tickets are sold out. Still day tickets which as far as I can tell are functionally identical if you've the 3 but cost way more..

Got caught on the hop with the weekend tix... :(:(:( gotta buy em all individual like now....

antifyre wrote: »
    Can anyone shed some light on where we collect wristbands etc? Bought mine through their own portal....

Got caught on the hop with the weekend tix... :(:(:( gotta buy em all individual like now....

It's not on the site yet. They will give you the locations before the festival starts and you will be able to collect them from Tue/Wed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

Anyone know if you can return/sell tickets to this?

You can't return them but you should be able to resell them unless they are VIP tickets. Depends on which sort you have as different vendors sold them but if you bought them from the festival with Paypal you can email them and tell them someone else will be picking them up. I think you might need the persons passport number.

The other vendors all have options for having someone other than the named collect them so check the terms and conditions on their page. If they are physical tickets (from seetickets) you can just give them to someone else as normal and there shouldn't be a problem.

Always confirm with the place you bought them from though. Just say you are coming a day later than your friends and they need to pick up the tickets or similar if you are worried. Plenty of people are looking to buy them since they sold out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

some good news for folks who missed out on tickets

Next Wednesday 3rd April, 215 full festival tickets for Primavera Sound in Barcelona will go on sale, tickets that have been released thanks to a re-assignment of the packets of tickets allocated to distributors.

The full festival tickets will be on sale from 12pm at the price of 199€ at the usual sales points until they sell out. Don’t miss out on this chance to get yours!

The day tickets for Thursday 23rd May, Friday 24th and Saturday 25th May in the Parc del Fòrum are still on sale at 80€. From the 23rd April they will cost 90€

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭dublinkeith

Clashfinder.com has stage time predictions up on its site, it's not confirmed but they may not be far off.

they may not be far off.

I wouldn't hope for any accuracy in that as even stage breakdowns are just being guessed at at this point.

Just use the app. You mark the acts you want to see and it creates the time table for you.

When you have nothing to see you can click on who's playing now section.

Really a superb ap and a must for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Excited about DJ Koze and Scuba getting added - can't find anything on official site re days either will play though - anyone seen that info anywhere?

Hoping for Saturday for at least one of them...

(no Fiona Apple anymore :( )

Rumours are full timetable could be out next week. Dancy stuff is always pretty late so expect anything from 1am to 4am for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Was looking for the android app for the festival but can only find the one for Optimus. Anyone know if its available or will it be after the daily breakdown goes out?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

Clashfinder has updated their timetable...some differences, but nothing frightening just yet.... still annoyed about missing out on weekend tix, but can't wait to get going now.....anyone know how expensive the beer gets inside the venue??

Last year it was €8 for a litre off the beeronauts, lads that walk around with cold beer on their back. Think it was €4 for a pint from the bars. That was San Miguel, could be different this year as its Heineken

could be different this year as its Heineken

They'll be paying us to drink it? :D

Thanks for the beer update. Another beer query, do they stop selling beer at anypoint or are we treated like adults? Still thinks its daft the bars close as Irish festivals at 10pm when acts are still going until after 3.

• Advertisement

I can't remember what time they stopped selling beer but rest assured it was late, you'll get one as late as 3am

Assuming nothing changes with Heineken (and everything could), they used to have beer and JD guys wandering around selling after the main bars closed.

Thanks guys, thats the refreshments sorted. Now to just make time go faster til I fly out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

just outside the gate will be tons of guys selling beer for a euro. bought 24 cans off one of them at 6 am last year and watched the sun come up on the beach. great memories!

sweetie wrote: »
    just outside the gate will be tons of guys selling beer for a euro. bought 24 cans off one of them at 6 am last year and watched the sun come up on the beach. great memories!

Good tip! Thats the bit im most looking forward too. This will be my first Primavera & cant believe I left it this long to go

Month from today!

Timetable on hold to find out if Barcelona will be in the Champions League Final as that will be on the Saturday (semi-final match is tonight). If Barcelona play they'll be shifting everything around to avoid any big bands clashing and dedicating a stage to showing the match. Personally hoping it doesn't happen as I was there for a Barcelona win in 2008 and it was chaos.

Edit: They're hoping Friday specifically for timetables.

By the looks if things, shouldnt be a concern at 3-0 down, but then again its Barca.....

Thursday timetable is on the site as well as a map. New main stage is down where the Mini stage was last year. Not so hot on that. Also looks like you'll have to make the treck out to what the locals are lovingly calling Mordor to the ATP stage as well now.

Thursday timetable looks deliciously packed. Non stop fantastic really building up speed around Midnight and going all the way to the morning with a 3am Animal Collective and 4am John Talabot appearance. Going to need all the stamina for this one!

• Advertisement

Thursday timetable is on the site as well as a map. New main stage is down where the Mini stage was last year. Not so hot on that. Also looks like you'll have to make the treck out to what the locals are lovingly calling Mordor to the ATP stage as well now.

Thursday timetable looks deliciously packed. Non stop fantastic really building up speed around Midnight and going all the way to the morning with a 3am Animal Collective and 4am John Talabot appearance. Going to need all the stamina for this one!

Thanks for the heads up. Thursday night is definitely going to about stamina! Clashfinder.com was pretty bang on the money

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement