Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primavera Sound - 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭dublinkeith

Toast wrote: »
    Timetable on hold to find out if Barcelona will be in the Champions League Final as that will be on the Saturday (semi-final match is tonight). If Barcelona play they'll be shifting everything around to avoid any big bands clashing and dedicating a stage to showing the match. Personally hoping it doesn't happen as I was there for a Barcelona win in 2008 and it was chaos.

Edit: They're hoping Friday specifically for timetables.
    Toast, you were not there for a Barca win in 2008 as MUFC won it in Moscow that year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

You're right. It was 2009.

http://www.theyatecobainsbrain.com/images/image830.jpg

It was crazy in town. Friends narrowly got out of the place Espanya before the riot police cordoned off the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

It was crazy in town. Friends narrowly got out of the place Espanya before the riot police cordoned off the area.

Nice to see that the natives in that photo are pro gay :D

Remember it well, we were battered that night, dusted myself down and saw OFWGKTA and Holy Ghost play later that night which raised the spirits.

Is the map on the website correct? ATP has shifted from its usual great spot which is a bummer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Clashes already.

Postal Service Vs Killer Mike

SMD Vs Phoenix Vs Death Grips

There is a nice run of Four Tet - Animal Collective - Talabot ... First metro home

The long walk out to that Heineken is deffo gonna influence the acts I'm not too pushed on, so it's Killer Mike and Death Grips for me there man

Is the map on the website correct? ATP has shifted from its usual great spot which is a bummer.

Yup from my google translated readings of the main forum they're going to hopefully have a lot more work on the more wastelandy parts where the Mini Stage was last year. This was a pic of the area as they setup the stage last time. Judging by the map they're expanding to use all that wasteland. http://www.theyatecobainsbrain.com/images/image026.jpg.

I'll miss the steps at ATP for viewing purposes but I'm hoping the views will be pretty cool with the city in the background etc. in the new location. Also ATP had to grow up I think. It was always too jammers there when something popular was on.

And Gabi said Vice is moving there as well. Could be a bit much having three stages on that beach

I'd have thought that map is final. Dunno why they could stick Vice into the old ATP spot if they had to move it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

ah man, neko case and savages on at the same time, and so it begins, f*ck. Sorry I must be blind but can someone direct me to the map?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

No clashes for me during Tame Impala but then have clashes for:

Bob Mould V Postal Service (damn my electic tastes)
    Simian Mobile Disco & Phoenix

Will have to haul ass a couple of times that night but then shall be milling around for Four Tet, John Talabot and Animal collective.

Add in a diesel burger and beer, it looks like it will be a corker of a Thursday night

ah man, neko case and savages on at the same time, and so it begins, f*ck. Sorry I must be blind but can someone direct me to the map?

http://www.primaverasound.es/ps-single/download/prensa/psb/2013/material/Mapa_A4.pdf

Friday up. The Knife at 3am!

Just got word from Gabi, Vice stays where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Can some folk who've been before give some kind of realistic estimate for the time it'll take to go between the Heineken and Primavera stages?

Friday night already has some evil clashes, and that's before I start thinking about the hike out to see either Blur or Goat and when I'll need to leave them to get back in time to have any sort of decent view of The Knife...

I think I am deep in the land of the First World Problem.

You could do the journey in 10 minutes but when you factor in people, booze, toilets, etc it can add up. Hard to describe the deliberateness of the festival but it is unlike anything else I've encountered with the proper surfaces and no mud. It is really hard to even get a feel for it with photos if you've not been there as flickr streams concentrate on the bands and not the place. I'll throw together a collection of my own photos which I took with the intention of showing off the place in the next day or two to give first timers an idea as it was a source of frustration trying to find something similar when I was in the same boat.

Can some folk who've been before give some kind of realistic estimate for the time it'll take to go between the Heineken and Primavera stages?

Friday night already has some evil clashes, and that's before I start thinking about the hike out to see either Blur or Goat and when I'll need to leave them to get back in time to have any sort of decent view of The Knife...

I think I am deep in the land of the First World Problem.

You'll have plenty of time to go for a stroll if you get there early ish, which is what i'd recommend and soak in the atmosphere.

As Toast said it's quite different to other festivals.

If you are in Barca on the Wed make sure you collect your wristband, it'll save alot of time on the thurs.

Oh and make sure you pace yourself. 5am finishes oh ya...

Less than a month!!

If you're leaving Heineken along with hundreds of others and walking in the same direction to Primavera stage, give it 15 mins

lordgoat wrote: »
    You'll have plenty of time to go for a stroll if you get there early ish, which is what i'd recommend and soak in the atmosphere.

As Toast said it's quite different to other festivals.

If you are in Barca on the Wed make sure you collect your wristband, it'll save alot of time on the thurs.

Oh and make sure you pace yourself. 5am finishes oh ya...

Less than a month!!

While this is my first primavera, me and himself worked in the city for a couple of months in 2008 so am grand for getting around and gave booked a flat in villa olimpico so well sorted gor the festival
    l will be at the flat on the Weds at 9pm. Will the ticket office still be open at that time or should I get down on the thursday afternoon?

Would really appreciate the benefit of a seasoned goer

• Advertisement

The gigs in the Forum are free for all on the Wed so they may not be giving out wristbands until Thursday. I've gone down on the Thursday afternoon in previous years and gotten the wristband without queuing. You don't want to be trying that after 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

so jealous im missing it this year....enjoy peeps!

The gigs in the Forum are free for all on the Wed so they may not be giving out wristbands until Thursday. I've gone down on the Thursday afternoon in previous years and gotten the wristband without queuing. You don't want to be trying that after 6pm.

You might be correct. I've just assumed that you can get them on the wed like previous years!

Starting to get a bit excited. next 24 days are gonna draaaaaag

The Saturday line up and stages times are up. Clashes for me are dexys v band of horses v dead can dance but in good news, have a clear run at Nick Cave and My Bloody Valentine. Looks like we are "Go", lads

Yeh, but they've changed the timetables on thurs and fri so Swans and Killer Mike are gone for me, Swans/Blur/Glass Candy/ How to dress Well. Bastards.

Yeh, but they've changed the timetables on thurs and fri so Swans and Killer Mike are gone for me, Swans/Blur/Glass Candy/ How to dress Well. Bastards.

Bugger, didnt look at thursday and friday. Now have a Bob Mould v Deerhunter problem but am good for john talabot so thats ok.

Have the same clash as you friday with local natives v jesus & mary chain being a terrible clash. Still the Knife is clear. Think ill be doing alot of running!

Guess the options are to either see the ones you miss at EP or at their own shows. Better get the tix for Swans Thee oh Sees and ****ed Up now. Pain.Whats John Talabot like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I've no accommodation booked yet, am I screwed? Anyone got any recommendations?

• Advertisement

What's your budget?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement