Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primavera Sound - 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Well the apartment people have now advised they have also double booked the second aparment I booked!! Have told them to give me my money back and have booked a hotel a 5 minute walk from the forum. Its not cheap but not going to risk anymore hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭dublinkeith

That's it Beansy, go in style, I have a suite at the Hilton, not cheap but its my only holiday this year so f**k it.

That's it Beansy, go in style, I have a suite at the Hilton, not cheap but its my only holiday this year so f**k it.

Thats my plan, booking either the hotel princessa or the AC Forum. Each have a nice rooftop pool, 5 mins from the main gate and free wifi. That's all im gonna need. Im taking redundancy, finishing up on Friday this week so this may well be my only holiday this year so no holding back

That John Talabot link you sent, I couldn't appreciate what he was doing due to the hipster interference, honestly they would make a Smiths reunion look undesirable.

That John Talabot link you sent, I couldn't appreciate what he was doing due to the hipster interference, honestly they would make a Smiths reunion look undesirable.

Hipsters ruin everything. Go to spotify and play his album FIN

Im not the biggest dance / EDM fan but everything has its place and this album is pretty good

• Advertisement

Primavera app is up on the android store

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Clashfinder has a nice "Recommendations" section which appears to be based what percentage of people have put which bands in which category. Just noticed these numberrs change based on what I have selected so not entirely sure how they are calculated.

Deadly. Based on this, Ill have Bob Mould all to myself.

Actually categories don't seem to have any effect.. if you've a band selected they don't show up as a recommendation (obvious really) but they show the bands that a high percent of people who also selected the bands you have selected.. have selected. If that makes sense? Wish there was a pure breakdown of what is the most popular thing. Trying to see if there is something for that as I thought I'd seen that for the Glastonbury one in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

see a weekend ticket for sale in galway on adverts

• Advertisement

There's a good few on Toutless too if people are looking.

Deadly. Based on this, Ill have Bob Mould all to myself.

Ill be at bob mould but will give you plenty of space. Brother would not forgive me if I missed him

There is apparently some sort of "Secret Show" on the Wednesday at 10pm. You can reserve a ticket for free via the portal system (note there are VIP reservations and regular ones for this thing). Doubt I'll actually go but it costs nothing to reserve and if it turns out to be something cool don't want to be kicking myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭malcolmplex

Hi folks,
    I'm heading over late wednesday night and i'm wondering is the main venue the only place to get my wristband?I'm thinking it might be a stretch to check-in at the B&B,head to the Forum(7KM away) and then head back to the Sala Apolo.

The only place to get a wristband will be the Forum but according to the site it isn't neccesary to have the wristband.
    To get into the Primavera als Clubs showcases on Monday 20th, Tuesday 21st and Wednesday 22nd at the Apolo and La [2] de Apolo it is NOT necessary to have exchanged your ticket for the bracelet and festival access card beforehand, you only have to show the full festival ticket or print at home. However, we recommend exchanging your tickets before the concerts to facilitate access to the venues.

Two things to keep in mind:
    DON'T LOSE YOUR TICKET! You can bet people will be scouring for them so maybe even a good idea if it is a print at home to bring two copies, leave one at the B&B and destroy the other after gaining access to the Apolo.

Getting into the Apolo is going to be a nightmare. Everyone and their mother wants to see John Talabot in there. Looks like all the shows are quite late so hard to say what time people will start queueing and I have no idea if they are going to empty the venue after the secret show or not.

One last thing.. the Apolo is a hot nasty venue that charges through the nose for drink. Like 8 euro a pint style stuff. You'd really want to love the people playing to bother with the hassle and everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭malcolmplex

Thanks,I just thought I might need to bring my passport as well as the print out.I might try and get sorted at the Forum on wed night.I think I have till 11pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

Toast wrote: »
    The only place to get a wristband will be the Forum but according to the site it isn't neccesary to have the wristband.

Two things to keep in mind:
    DON'T LOSE YOUR TICKET! You can bet people will be scouring for them so maybe even a good idea if it is a print at home to bring two copies, leave one at the B&B and destroy the other after gaining access to the Apolo.

Getting into the Apolo is going to be a nightmare. Everyone and their mother wants to see John Talabot in there. Looks like all the shows are quite late so hard to say what time people will start queueing and I have no idea if they are going to empty the venue after the secret show or not.

One last thing.. the Apolo is a hot nasty venue that charges through the nose for drink. Like 8 euro a pint style stuff. You'd really want to love the people playing to bother with the hassle and everything else.

Thanks for that update, I will give the apollo a miss then, heard it gets messy in there from other folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭larrymickdick

here guys in case any of you know - was supposed to be going with my boyfriend but now he's an ex - my friend is coming with me instead but her name isn't on the ticket he is - can i change that before i go or if because I booked them and have my ticket and passport should that be enough? Do you need to show id when getting wrist bands?

sorry if that seems like a stupid question but I've never been before - super excited! also the forum is the only place to get wristbands yes? flying in Tuesday night - have never even been to Barcelona before so getting bit nervous about it all!! but still excited haha

Assuming they are not VIP tickets it won't matter whose name is on them if you booked them. Forum is the only place they will exchange tickets for wristbands but if you are going to the pre shows you can get away with just the ticket booking confirmation mail for entry. It is a good idea though to get the wristbands sorted before Thursday festival time as there will be queues to get wristbands when the main festival opens.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭larrymickdick

Toast wrote: »
    Assuming they are not VIP tickets it won't matter whose name is on them if you booked them. Forum is the only place they will exchange tickets for wristbands but if you are going to the pre shows you can get away with just the ticket booking confirmation mail for entry. It is a good idea though to get the wristbands sorted before Thursday festival time as there will be queues to get wristbands when the main festival opens.

Cheers!! :D

• Advertisement

This fest just gets better, Merchandise playing four times, they've added gigs to Parc de Ciutadella on the Saturday, and Bob Mould is the rumour for the secret show.

So they've released the plan for the old ATP stage and well... this is insane:
    Google autotranslated:
    This year, the former ATP becomes the Silent Cinema. From its steps you can follow Heineken concerts and Spring with a wireless headset that will supply you there.

So rather than bother walking across the festival you can just check what is happening from the ATP stage. Seems it will be the Heineken and Primavera stages they'll be showing.

Also it is still too far out to say for sure but a few of the weather forecasts are suggesting it will rain heavily at least once.

Weather looks like its going to be really changeable but who cares? Wish I studied physics instead of engineering. Am sure I could have cracked Einsteins theory of special relativity and could make time go faster!

Does anyone know if its possible to gain entry to Primavera without a hipster beard this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

Does anyone know if its possible to gain entry to Primavera without a hipster beard this year?

Only if you wear converse and a tshirt with an ironic slogan!

Don't have Chucks but i can wear my "Wings - only the band the Beatles could've been" tshirt.

Dig out your health service glasses and put a plaster on the side and you'll be good

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MRENDA

Rodriquez has cancelled. Was going to see Apparat anyway but I'm sure a few people will be disappointed.

Been trawling the Spanish forum to get hints on the secret show. Apparently theyve said it is a "legendary 90s US indie rock band". No indication if it is someone from the lineup or not. People are suggesting it will be a Dinosaur JR. show though they started in the 80s. Band seems to suggest the previous guess of Bob Mould might be out. My guess is Shellac.

• Advertisement

If its a band from the lineup, you can't see past Shellac or Breeders. Breeders are down to play Primavera Club on the 24th as well as the Forum but pollstar.com might just have the date wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement