Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girl (19) dies on 2 hour ambulance ride to hospital

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Felexicon wrote: »
    Agh jesus, really mate. A bit distasteful and if I'm saying that it must be bad

read back through the quote line, it is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

A load of locals? Fifteen you say? Wow! You obviously missed the memo and the large protests that took place in Roscommon town, supporting, praising and trying to protect the hospital. So am I safe in assuming those '15' weren't part of the mass protest then?

Ok let me put it another way, every roscommon person i know said they wouldn't use it bar 2. These were all younger (under 30) though which may have had an impact, either way the service was substandard and it didnt make sense to keep it open

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I'll bet the family just despise Enda Kenny with every fibre in their bodies now.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

davet82 wrote: »
    it would have only cut the travel time by 30 minutes if they had of taken the right route, an hour and half to hospital is still too much!

Well, she died 15 mins away FROM the hospital, saving 30 minutes would've meant that she would've got TO the hospital on time and could've been saved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Ok let me put it another way, every roscommon person i know said they wouldn't use it bar 2. These were all younger (under 30) though which may have had an impact, either way the service was substandard and it didnt make sense to keep it open

The service was not substandard. An A+E cannot be substandard with whilst complying with up to date HIQA inspections to name but one. The service was removed because it was not cost effective.

I do not know what Roscommon locals you were talking to but they were talking bull. If you had an accident, you would want to go to the closest emergency room. From where I am in Roscommon, that's 45 minutes away.

• Advertisement
Advertisement