Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RMA to dabs

Options
  • 19-07-2012 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

hi there, just wondering what sort of rma times dabs have? my hdd failed but was within the 30 days. Thanks!

Comments

In my experience it's a few days to reach them, a few days for them to test it, a few days to receive a refund/replacement.

Make sure to get a new drive as a replacement rather than a refurbished one. Manufacturers usually replace RMA'd drives with refurbs but if you're sending it back to the retailer you should demand a new one, especially after just 30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Nertballs

In my experience it's a few days to reach them, a few days for them to test it, a few days to receive a refund/replacement.

Make sure to get a new drive as a replacement rather than a refurbished one. Manufacturers usually replace RMA'd drives with refurbs but if you're sending it back to the retailer you should demand a new one, especially after just 30 days.

what's the best way of specifying this? i have a note already sent in the box specifying a new drive but would i want an email too?

Yeah you could email them to ask what their policy is.

I would say you'll get a new drive from their inventory anyway but it's worth double-checking.

Advertisement