Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games you have but not yet finished

Options
  • 19-07-2012 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Between work, drinking in available good weather and other activities, there's not enough time to get through all games I'd like to ... Usually I purchase games second hand - just to check out the graphics, production, soundtrack etc ... and if it grabs me then I'll stick with it ...

But some games I liked but still haven't got round to finishing them ... saying that ... FIFA 12 usually gets in the way too ...:D

My list so far ... (xbox 360)

Batman Arkham City
    Dead Space 2
    Deus X
    Enslaved
    COD Black Ops
    LA Noire (can't be arsed finished this one tbh)

I'm considering The Witcher 2 after reading a few reviews of it this morn, but Skyrim .... Lordy Skyrim ...:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Witcher series ,
    Stalker series,
    Assassin Creed 3+,
    Oblivion,
    Skyrim,
    LA.Noire,
    GTA4,
    BF3, BC2,
    Mafia 2,
    Bastion,
    Company of Heroes,
    Just Cause,
    Empire/Rome/Shogun Total War

Actually my list is endless, it should be what games HAVE i completed :P
    This STEAM sale doesn't help at all.

I've STARTED 5 different games in the last 2 days sure :P (Darksiders / SpaceMarine / Trine / NFS / Dungeon Defenders )

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

My backloggery says I've over 600 unplayed games. And that's not counting any games I want to play through emulation. Frankly your lists aren't anything to get worried about :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Bundle
    Arma II: Combined Operations
    Sniper Elite
    The Ship - Never really played.
    Humble Indie Bundle 4 - Played about 3 hours total
    Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Finished Story and stopped caring.
    Command and Conquer: Tiberium Wars
    Duke Nukem Forever
    Alice: Madness Returns
    Witcher 1 & 2
    Shank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Ugh I had a huge post written and then foolishly closed the tab. First world problems! :pac:

I own an xbox too and had to go in to my account just to check what I hadn't yet completed. The list shocked me.

Seeing other peoples' lists makes me quite relaxed and safe in the knowledge that I'm not the only one! I thought there was some 'buy it, play it, on to the next game' attitude of gamers, obviously I was wrong.

But yeah, the reason I haven't completed some of them are for really stupid reasons like getting stuck, getting bored (LA Noire did that to me too), buying a new game and investing time in to that, etc.

Just thank feck Steam isn't working on my laptop (keep getting a connection error, might try and actually fix it now!), I'd be ruined!

My list.

LA Noire.
    Assassins Creed 1 : Getting kinda repetitive for me now.
    Rage: see reason above.
    F3AR: Trying to complete that using Fettel.
    Battlefield 3: I just suck at it! :(
    Deus Ex: Love this game, just moved on to another while I was playing it.
    Mass Effect 1: See reason above.
    Orange Box: Portal I REALLY don't want to resort to a walkthrough, stuck on (or hopefully near) the last level.
    Orange Box: HL2 Ep2: Stuck at the very end. Those b*stard walker-things (forgotten the names of them!).
    Rise of Nightmares: Why did I buy a kinect again? :pac:
    RE5: It's just not RE dammit!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

LA Noire
    GT 5
    GTA 4
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    Final Fantasy XIII

Theres another few I cant think of the top of my head I havent finsihed, will ahve to take a look alter, which will probably lead to hours of playing an old game. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Played a little but need to return to:

Battlefield 3 (Xbox 360)
    Braid (PS3)
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3)
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360)
    Crysis 2 (Xbox 360)
    Dark Souls (PS3)
    Dead Space (PS3)
    Fable II (Xbox 360)
    Ghostbusters: The Video Game (PS3)
    Mario Kart 7 (3DS)
    Mario Kart: Double Dash (GameCube)
    ModNation Racers (PS3)
    Prince of Persia (PS3)
    Pullblox (3DS)
    Saints Row: The Third (PS3)
    Shift 2: Unleashed (PS3)
    Skyrim (Xbox 360)
    Stacking (PS3)
    Star Wars: Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron II (GameCube)
    Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)
    Super Mario Sunshine (GameCube)
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (3DS)
    Toy Story 3: The Video Game (PS3)

Not Started

Alan Wake (Xbox 360)
    Amnesia: The Dark Descent (Steam)
    Awesomenauts (PS3)
    Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (Xbox 360)
    Bastion (Steam)
    Bioshock 2 (PS3)
    Bit.Trip Beat (Steam)
    Borderlands (Xbox 360)
    Bunch of Heroes (Steam)
    Chime (PS3)
    Company of Heroes (Steam)
    El Shaddai (PS3)
    Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (PS3)
    Fallout: New Vegas (PS3)
    GTA IV: Stories from Liberty City (Steam)
    Infamous 2 (PS3)
    Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet (Steam)
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (PS3)
    Limbo (Steam)
    Luigi's Mansion (GameCube)
    Lone Survivor (Steam)
    Lost Planet 2 (PS3)
    Metroid Prime (GameCube)
    Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (GameCube)
    MotorStorm: Pacific Rift (PS3)
    Muramasa: The Demon Blade (Wii)
    Psychonauts (Steam)
    Punch-Out!! (Wii)
    Rage (Xbox 360)
    Ratchet & Clank Trilogy (PS3)
    Resident Evil (GameCube)
    Runespell: Overture (Steam)
    Shank 2 (PS3)
    Sonic Generations (Xbox 360)
    Space Marine (PS3)
    Super Meat Boy (Steam)
    Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery (Steam)
    Star Wars: Battlefront II (PS2)
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Repbulic (Steam)
    Super Smahs Bros. Melee (GameCube)
    The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (GameCube)
    The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (Steam)
    Trine 2 (PS3)
    Tropico 3 (Steam)
    Viva Pinata (Xbox 360)
    XIII (GameCube)
    Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure (Wii)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭clancynl

Holy crapballs! I'm waaaay outta my league here ... some rather impressive lists indeed ... I'm humbled to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

When I start a game I normally finish it:
    But there are the odd few I just never finished.
    Sniper Elite (PC)
    Lost Odyssey (X360) - Kept crashing on Disk 4.
    Star Ocean (X360) - Play about an hour, never went back.
    LotR War in the North - Play bout 4 hours, really unpolished game, the PS2 games were way better.
    Civilisation Revolution
    Bastion (XBLA)
    The Splatters (XBLA) - not started.
    Sonic 2 (XBLA)
    Sonic CD (XBLA)
    LeedMees (XBLA) - Pure SH**
    Duke Nukem Forever - Same as above
    Just Cause 2 - Not for me.
    Child of Eden
    Darksiders - Gonna take some heat for this one, struggled to get into, didn't see what all the fuss was about. Must give it another go, seems to be highly rated here.
    TC Hawx - crap.
    BioShock2 - Poor "straight to DVD" sequel. Nothing compared to 1.

Unopened:
    Tom Clancy's End War
    Prince of Persia
    The Sims 3 Pets

Tonnes of unfinished on my phone then. All WP7.
    Plants V Zombies
    Angry Birds
    Toy Solders (not started)
    Doodle God (not started)
    Civilisation Revolution
    Breeze

Man, way more uncompleted than I thought when I started the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Way too many and too many large scale games too.

GTAIV
    Red Dead Redemption & Add ons
    Fallout 3 & Add ons
    AC:Brotherhood
    Bulletstorm
    Goldeneye (360)
    Batman : Arkham City
    Forza 4
    Portal 2
    Afro Samurai
    Crysis 2
    Scott Pilgrim (arcade)
    Chronicles of Riddick

And probably a few more.
    See the problem with me is I'll start a game and then get distrac.... ohhh Shiny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

nicklauski wrote: »
    See the problem with me is I'll start a game and then get distrac.... ohhh Shiny!

Exactly the same as..."Huh? What's that noise?"

!

I'd like to know what would be the main factors for not finishing games though.

I mean having too many going at the same time is a good one (...and thus losing immersion..or just forgetting the controls!), but I'm sure there are other reasons too. Like, I'm always a late adopter to a franchise/series. Case in point that I've only started recently playing Mass Effect and Assassins creed. I'm not sure is it a price thing or a 'waiting until the dust dies down' thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

It's as simple as getting distracted by a new game that does me.

I got GTA IV the day of release, I remember I was in England at a match and wanted the game so bad it was the first thing I bought when the plane touched down. 2 weeks later something else came out and I forgot all about it.
    Haven't touched it since :)

chin_grin wrote: »
    I mean having too many going at the same time is a good one (...and thus losing immersion..or just forgetting the controls!), but I'm sure there are other reasons too. Like, I'm always a late adopter to a franchise/series. Case in point that I've only started recently playing Mass Effect and Assassins creed. I'm not sure is it a price thing or a 'waiting until the dust dies down' thing.

Oh late adopter too .. which ain't too bad because by the time I get round to buying the game it's half price or less second hand... NHL 11 being a case in point - great game btw! ... then curosity dies off if the story isn't engrossing enough s'pose, or the time put into it ..

.I've usually a weekend window between 10PM and 4AM Friday and Saturday (if I'm lucky) and other than that it's couple of hours during the week ... not enough for a 100 hour stint through Skyrim or picking up prossies in San Andreas :D ... there's a helluva lot of 'quickie' games of FIFA 12, FIFA's ideal for the quick fix

saying that I've clocked up around 15hrs on GTA IV and still not finished it .. .and with Skyrim staring at me each time I head for the controller of late, the backlog ain't going anywhere anytime soon ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Yeah large scale games (free roam or rpg's) are my biggest problem, just can't dedicate enough time to completing them.

Examples on my list to finish are:
    Skyrim (15hrs played)
    Witcher II (6hrs into it)
    GTA BOGT
    Bully

I seem to favour games I can play for little while then leave and come back to every now and again (sports, racing) as I find too hard to get into games I've already decicated a lot of time too but haven't played in while (open world, rpgs)

The most recent game I actually finished was HomeFront (yesterday) and that was due to be a 3-4hr game so completed it on one sitting and before that Spec-Ops (around 7hrs).

@Balkieb2002 .. What do you think of The Witcher II so far? Thinking of getting it this weekend

clancynl wrote: »
    @Balkieb2002 .. What do you think of The Witcher II so far? Thinking of getting it this weekend

Was really enjoying it and just getting into the setting and the story when I suddenly stopped playing it (got distracted from something else) though do intend to continue playing.

If you played the first game then i'd def get it as it will be easy to follow.
    Though if your like me (I never got round to finishing the first one) then it's still worthy of your time. Just make sure to read everything and pay attention during cutscenes etc and you should catch up. The story and choice/consequnece system is excellent and the combat while hard to get into at first is quite rewarding.

There was another (massive) thread around here somewhere and reading some of the other players views convinced me to try it and I'm glad did ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Metro 2033 - Dunno why I stopped. Mostly it's very good but the gameplay wasn't enough to keep me at it.
    The Witcher - Was enjoying the story but I got fed up with the rubbish gameplay.
    Super Meat Boy - Insanely difficult. Can't get past 2nd boss.
    Doom 3 - Got bored
    Fallout 3 - Hated it.

I'd say I finish about 90% of all the games I buy and tend not to get more until I'm done with the ones I've already got.

Gbear wrote: »
    Metro 2033 - Dunno why I stopped. Mostly it's very good but the gameplay wasn't enough to keep me at it.
    The Witcher - Was enjoying the story but I got fed up with the rubbish gameplay.

I'd say I finish about 90% of all the games I buy and tend not to get more until I'm done with the ones I've already got.

Yeah Metro 2033 was another on my list. I was actually enjoying that but got to a stelath section that just frustrated me i.e. I died ALOT so I never went back to it!

The witcher 1 I thought was improved with alot of patches later in its game life which help gameplay alot. May get around to completing it at a later date!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Yeah Metro 2033 was another on my list. I was actually enjoying that but got to a stelath section that just frustrated me i.e. I died ALOT so I never went back to it!

The witcher 1 I thought was improved with alot of patches later in its game life which help gameplay alot. May get around to completing it at a later date!

Woopsie, meant the Witcher 2. Never played 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I have a massive list of games awaiting completion. Most recent ones I've stuck through and completed were a replay of mass effect 1+2, in preparation for 3 which I finished, and Skyrim (mostly, didn't finish civil war plot).

Unfinished games, the big hitters would be:
    Stalker SOC
    Bioshock 1
    Zelda: WindWaker
    Zelda: Twilight Princess (a hack which required the zelda save file was released as I was approaching the final boss, I never bothered continuing :P)
    Amnesia (Probably won't finish this, fecking terrifying)
    Metro 2033
    GTA episodes from Liberty City

Can't think of many more right now, but I've a couple of hundred in my steam account, probably finished 5 or 10 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

TPD wrote: »

Unfinished games, the big hitters would be:
    Stalker SOC
    Bioshock 1
    if you havnt finished this then you might be possibly be missing out of the best twist in a game ever in my opinion. Bioshock is still one of my favourite games of all time and that twist at the end was amazing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    if you havnt finished this then you might be possibly be missing out of the best twist in a game ever in my opinion. Bioshock is still one of my favourite games of all time and that twist at the end was amazing

So I've heard, I bought it on steam in the sale so I'll try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I used to have a huge number of games that I hadn't finished, but had some spare time and attacked all the ones I could. Of those that remain, I don't care about finishing them because they bore me. These include all the Assassin's Creed games because of how repetitive they are (I still enjoy them and play them from time to time, I simply don't try to progress in them) and Mass Effect 3, which really bored the hell out of me and I just couldn't bring myself to play on after a while.

I think I'm just getting wiser in my old age, as I'm able to portion out my time so that I get to play through every game I get and also have a bit of time in the real world (I try to limit this, though). There was a time, not too long ago, where I'd buy games and not even install them for weeks afterwards.

Advertisement