Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4 case features stun gun and battery pack

• 19-07-2012 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I couldn't see these having legality in Ireland, also I could foresee them being outlawed as a security treat at airports entering public buildings, nightclubs etc.

"A new iPhone 4 case that comes with a built-in stun gun and battery pack is to let users help themselves instead of calling for help should they ever be faced with an attacker.

Company Yellow Jacket is calling its gadget the "world’s first iPhone 4 stun gun case". The case contains a 650,000-volt stun gun and is capable of fuelling a phone with up to 20 hours of additional standby battery, the company said.

“We have designed our iPhone 4 stun gun case to be easily deployable with one hand. In less than two seconds, both safety mechanisms can be deactivated and the Yellow Jacket stun gun is ready for action. Compare this to a regular stun gun which can take five to 10 seconds to find and deploy," Yellow Jacket stated on its website".

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/digital-life/item/28396-iphone-4-case-features-stun/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

Sounds cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭rustynutz

I couldn't see these having legality in Ireland, also I could foresee them being outlawed as a security treat at airports entering public buildings, nightclubs etc.

"A new iPhone 4 case that comes with a built-in stun gun and battery pack is to let users help themselves instead of calling for help should they ever be faced with an attacker.

Company Yellow Jacket is calling its gadget the "world’s first iPhone 4 stun gun case". The case contains a 650,000-volt stun gun and is capable of fuelling a phone with up to 20 hours of additional standby battery, the company said.

“We have designed our iPhone 4 stun gun case to be easily deployable with one hand. In less than two seconds, both safety mechanisms can be deactivated and the Yellow Jacket stun gun is ready for action. Compare this to a regular stun gun which can take five to 10 seconds to find and deploy," Yellow Jacket stated on its website".

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/digital-life/item/28396-iphone-4-case-features-stun/

if you are organising a group buy, count me in. Imagine, never loose an argument with the missus again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,591 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I imagine the legality of these is no different to regular stun guns. Which varies from place to place. Obviously illegal to carry on a plane everywhere.

Advertisement