Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skimboarding

Options
  • 19-07-2012 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Wondering if there's many skimboarders out there.

Recently got into it, bought a board and some wax and I love it. It's so much closer to skateboarding and the balance translates alot more to it than surfing. Ive also taken up surfing in the last while and find it so hard to progress in it!

I'm just wondering what the best type of material for a skimboard is, I think mine is fibreglass and I gotta say its pretty nice, but I've yet to learn how to go out and catch a wave and come back into shore. Have got 360's down and pop shovits.

Usually surf out in Carrowniskey in Mayo, skimboard at Old Head in Westport, thinking of skimboarding out at Carrowniskey as there are some solid waves to try progress.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

shortys94 wrote: »
    Hey,

Wondering if there's many skimboarders out there.

Recently got into it, bought a board and some wax and I love it. It's so much closer to skateboarding and the balance translates alot more to it than surfing. Ive also taken up surfing in the last while and find it so hard to progress in it!

I'm just wondering what the best type of material for a skimboard is, I think mine is fibreglass and I gotta say its pretty nice, but I've yet to learn how to go out and catch a wave and come back into shore. Have got 360's down and pop shovits.

Usually surf out in Carrowniskey in Mayo, skimboard at Old Head in Westport, thinking of skimboarding out at Carrowniskey as there are some solid waves to try progress.

Tried it once...my hip hasn't forgiven me!! :( I'd love to be able to do it but I also SUCKED when I attempted skateboarding when I was younger, I was that kid who would end up flying down hills headfirst belly on board instead, I had my fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Yea I've got a sprained wrist from it at the moment, worth it though!

Advertisement