Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Station work In Northern Territory please Help!!!

Options
  • 19-07-2012 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey there ,

I'm flying into Darwin next Monday and will be seeking regional work to complete my three months for the 2nd year visa. I'd really like to do some mustering work at a cattle station or something similar (WWOOF or paid work).
    Has anyone reading this had experience with this type of work ? I'd be very grateful for any info regarding station names and locations or WWOOF farms that are based at cattle stations in the Northern Territory.
    I'm handy on motorbikes but have little mustering experience and zero horse riding abilities.

A big thanks in advance for any replies !!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

rorireland wrote: »
    Hey there ,

I'm flying into Darwin next Monday and will be seeking regional work to complete my three months for the 2nd year visa. I'd really like to do some mustering work at a cattle station or something similar (WWOOF or paid work).
    Has anyone reading this had experience with this type of work ? I'd be very grateful for any info regarding station names and locations or WWOOF farms that are based at cattle stations in the Northern Territory.
    I'm handy on motorbikes but have little mustering experience and zero horse riding abilities.

A big thanks in advance for any replies !!! :)

Me and the missus are doing Help X at the moment. Its the same as WWOOFING and we're lovin it. The stuff you learn is brilliant, There is LOADS of work in WWOOFING and Help X but you need to buy the WWOOFING book ($65) to be registered as a WWOOFING member. If you buy this book online you get a list of all the WWOOfers in Oz. With HelpX you apply online and get a similiar list.

One of the guys I work for used to do cattle ranching up north. Its primarily done on horseback, however they do use bikes as well.

To be honest if you have no experience I doubt they will let you up on horseback. Horse riding isn't something you just 'pick up'. The horses these guys use as well will be highly trained and used to experienced riders..they're not school ponies who have been fully trained to take beginners, y'know?

Anyway you'll wanna sign up for helpx and/or wwoofing. If you google it they'll come up.

I went on the Help X site and here's a few people you should try

http://www.bulloriver.com/ These guys are looking for people to work on their ranch.

I've PM'ed you a few other contacts

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rorireland

Thanks a million mate !!! great info-will defo call up Bullo station. That help x site is pretty sweet !

Advertisement