Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you get u-value info for windows

• 19-07-2012 12:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭

Usually, where the windows are new or recently installed, i take the number off the glass/frame, contact the supplier with the details and get a copy of the u-value (as per DFRA or other reports)?

Has anyone a better way or what do others do? I dont want to use defaults where actual information can be attained

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,787 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

if the client is interested enough they may still have the order number...

if not, then companies like MJ may have no problem accessing old orders, but i cant say thats the same for a lot of companies.

In my experience, the difference between the default and the actual is minimal, especially when considering bargin basement pvc production line windows in 'tiger era' houses.

Advertisement