Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Song Wars 12: Detroit Rock City Vs Schools Out

Options
  • 19-07-2012 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭

For this song war thread I decided to go with two classics songs. Detroit Rock City by Kiss and Schools Out by Alice Cooper. Both songs are well known songs of their respected bands.

My choice goes to Detroit Rock City. That song to me is just kickass.

Which song do you prefer? 16 votes

Detroit Rock City
    0% 0 votes
    Schools Out
    100% 16 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Wow .... such a close one - both similar, both iconic - voted Kiss though cos I was blown away with the Alive II LP on double red vinyl, gatefold sleeve when I was about 11. I held that in my hands and thought "****!n hell thats mega"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Kiss by some margin imo

Detroit Rock City is a better song anyway, but the overplaying of Schools Out seals it imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

I hate kiss, so I voted for Cooper.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I voted for KISS because it's just an explosive song - when you hear that riff & the drums, you can just visualise it performed live with pyrotechnics...

I love it because even though I'd heard it a bazillion times, I never realised there are car sounds through it until I'd heard it through headphones. Now it sounds even more awesome while played on my huge kick ass speakers. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I hate kiss

This makes no sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

This makes no sense.

I'm sure it makes perfect sense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

hard one.. DRC defined kiss, and detroit and SA defined cooper, n school.

I may prefer kiss's cock rock to coopers shock rock, here but the former sounds completely gay

/DRC.

Advertisement