Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QR Codes on Taxi's in Waterford?

Options
  • 19-07-2012 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I was in Waterford a few months back for a weekend away and i noticed there was QR Codes all over the taxi's?
    I tried to scan it but it said I needed the App, but i was about 2.30am so i didnt bother.

Can anyone tell me what they are or what there for?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

It tells ya if the driver is Irish or foreign:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26 CocoAyl

Jesus that seems awful racist in a way, just googled it there seems you can complain on the taxi or driven too through the app!

This is needed in Kerry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

CocoAyl wrote: »
    Jesus that seems awful racist in a way, just googled it there seems you can complain on the taxi or driven too through the app!

This is needed in Kerry!

No it would be racist if i used the 'black' word.

True true.

Seems the company is TrustiD taxi. Might post up in the main forums see what people think of it. I think it's an interesting idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Was wondering what the story was with them. Interesting

• Advertisement

Was wondering what the story was with them. Interesting
    From what i've gathered its from a Waterford Company called global business register & its called a trustidtaxi. I've posted in the travel forum about em. But i found this on Youtube on them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQGDhbk1ryQ&feature=youtu.be

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭shebzie

Is there android app for this

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

What connection do you have with the company Coco? I think it's more than a coincidence that you post up a video from YouTube the very day it was uploaded.

AdMMM wrote: »
    What connection do you have with the company Coco? I think it's more than a coincidence that you post up a video from YouTube the very day it was uploaded.
    None at all. I saw the video featured on Broadsheet.ie yesterday & i remember seeing it when i was in Waterford away.
    Coincidence maybe but no connection.

shebzie wrote: »
    Is there android app for this

Barcode reader.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Barcode reader.

Google goggles too

tonc76 wrote: »
    Google goggles too

Yeah and you can also use google goggles to take a pic of a can and it shows you the online links about it. Im sure other things work but a can of Carlsberg is the only thing that worked for me. Anytime I took a picture of myself it would come back with pics of brad pitt, George Clooney and johnny depp. Fml

Advertisement