Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act (UK)

• 19-07-2012 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭

I've asked this before but in a cackhanded way so sorry for the repost but I think I have it now!

Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act in the UK makes credit card companies equally liable for faulty goods and non-supply as the retailer itself. Is there any such provision in the Irish Act or Acts?

Many Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ants09

I've asked this before but in a cackhanded way so sorry for the repost but I think I have it now!

Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act in the UK makes credit card companies equally liable for faulty goods and non-supply as the retailer itself. Is there any such provision in the Irish Act or Acts?

Many Thanks.

I think section 14 sale of goods and supply off services act 1980 might be the one your referring to. Then again might be totally off the wall :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

I suppose the question is are Credit Card companies "Finance houses" for the purpose of the Act?

Also: Would the Act apply yo good purchased by companies operating abroad? Such as buying something from the UK as opposed to being in the UK and buying something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Shameless (but perhaps not consequenceless) bump.

Advertisement