Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best External Flash For Nikon D40

Options
  • 19-07-2012 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hey,

I'm looking to buy an External Flash for a Nikon D40. Could anyone give me any advice on a good one to get that wont break the bank and where to get it? Also if I could get one second hand that would be great.

I will be using it to take baby photo's, not sure if that makes a difference, but thought I'd throw that in there just incase it does..

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks in advance ;).

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

the sb800 was by far the best nikon released, and it shows by its second hand price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

the sb800 was by far the best nikon released, and it shows by its second hand price

Thats interesting. I thought it was a bit complicated to operate compared to the new sb700. I also thought that the 700 was quicker.

If I would have know this before I got my sb700.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26 *Jess*

Thanks for the advice guy's! I prob should have said a good flash, it doesn't have to be the best, I'm a total nube to using an slr and am looking for something good but that also wont break the bank either, hense why I was thinking of buying second hand.. Any idea's?

*Jess* wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice guy's! I prob should have said a good flash, it doesn't have to be the best, I'm a total nube to using an slr and am looking for something good but that also wont break the bank either, hense why I was thinking of buying second hand.. Any idea's?

Whats your budget?

Bohrio wrote: »
    Whats your budget?

I'd be happy to spend up to 100. If I could get something for that! :)

• Advertisement

*Jess* wrote: »
    I'd be happy to spend up to 100. If I could get something for that! :)

Check Adverts.ie.

I am pretty sure I have seen a couple of sb600 around selling for around 150, might be able to negotiate the price. Hard though, some people just find it really hard to let go, I tried buying a tokina of one of the guys there (who happens to be also selling the sb600) and he wouldnt sell below 450. I bought it new for 500...

Will do, thanks for that Bohiro ;)
    Bohrio wrote: »
    Check Adverts.ie.

I am pretty sure I have seen a couple of sb600 around selling for around 150, might be able to negotiate the price. Hard though, some people just find it really hard to let go, I tried buying a tokina of one of the guys there (who happens to be also selling the sb600) and he wouldnt sell below 450. I bought it new for 500...

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭okmqaz42

Here's one worth looking at
    I have one of these Cactus Flashes - it was cheap and it has a lot of the same functions as the sb900 I paid a small fortune for.
    Bought both before I decided that I really did not like my strobist stuff...
    They now sit on the shelf with the radio triggers I never use.

http://www.gadgetinfinity.com/cactus-af45-auto-electronic-flash-for-nikon-dslr.html

Advertisement