Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adhesive for Travertine - wall vs floor

• 19-07-2012 1:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭

Supplier gave us lft (large format tile) adhesive for floor and walls. Tiles are 60 by 30. Tiler says rapidset flexing for floor, lft for walls. I check a flyer I had picked up in right price tiles- it says rapid set flexing for floor, lft for walls.

So looks like tiler is right, but supplier is adamant lft is better for floor, anything else invalidates. They're both the same price. Thoughts.

Supplier also gave 12mm trim to fit 12mm tile - tiler said had to be bigger, got 15mm after much hassle.

I presume tiler is right - but...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I would trust the supplier/manufacturer.

Are they heavy?

I used granite for a shower. When I looked into it, it turned out a plastered wall can only support 10 kg per sq meter (think that was it). The granite worked out at 70kg sqm, so I had to remove the plaster first and source a very strong adhesive. Got all my advice from a leading adhesive supplier in the UK and their advice and product was spot on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Rapid set flexi white on floor and to be honest depending on the brand walls as well.

The floors will take too long to set otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

i am also guessing you you bought your tiles off a company just outside blanchardstown in ballycoolin area...... Famous for the lft tile adhesive....

Just go with your tiler.

But to be honest. I dont like it when the tiler and the supplier clash. This is why i always allow the tiler supply there own adhesive... That way you are getting the best of both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

BAL is the best adhesive you can buy, more expensive than stuff like Unibond but far superior.

The questions you ask should be answered on their website

http://www.bal-adhesives.co.uk/

I bought mine from Tubs n Tiles in Ballina but I think that has closed now.

TT

Advertisement