Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling around Carlow at the mo Ipsosmrbi

Options
  • 19-07-2012 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

Does any know or ever heard of the following Ipsosmrbi?

Had a lady call to my door today expecting me to complete a survey lasting from 45mins to an hour on European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights. No notice just turned up at my door, she tried to enter my house before she said who she was and where she was from. Needless to say I told her I was busy. Its one of my pet hates that people put their foot in my front door with the attuide they can just expect me to let them in. If I was given notice or information about the survey before hand I probably would have assisted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

45 mins - an hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭car

Yeah she said it would take 45 minutes to an hour to complete. But as a token of appreciation they would be donating €1500 to Women's Aid.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭godwin

Rule # 1 - Never answer the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

car wrote: »
    Does any know or ever heard of the following Ipsosmrbi?

Had a lady call to my door today expecting me to complete a survey lasting from 45mins to an hour on European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights. No notice just turned up at my door, she tried to enter my house before she said who she was and where she was from. Needless to say I told her I was busy. Its one of my pet hates that people put their foot in my front door with the attuide they can just expect me to let them in. If I was given notice or information about the survey before hand I probably would have assisted.

http://www.ipsosmrbi.com/

slimjimmc wrote: »

Yeah I googled them already. But was just wondering if anyone has ever heard of them before. In this day of age, I cant understand that people can expect to just turn up at your door and give them up to an hour of your time for free.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Yeah, most 'data collection' is done by Ipsos MRBI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

car wrote: »
    she tried to enter my house before she said who she was and where she was from.
    this really needs to be reported if this woman is in fact genuine she should fully identify herself before asking anything and should only ask about entering your home once you have agreed to the survey.

Agreed, but sure I didnt get her name, was too annoyed that she had put her foot in my door when I answered it, I didnt get the oppertunity to even ask her, she did have a name tag around her neck, but sure anyone could print these up these days. A few of my neighbours completed the survey, it was all about domestic voilence, and there was alot of personal questions to be answered in it. Im sure these surveys do go on to be usefull information, but I think if these agencys want u to do a survey for this lenght of time they should give you notice and shouldnt expect to turn up on your door at lunch time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

A lot of this stuff going on. I've had calls on my landline saying they're Landsdowne Research, or UCD doing a medical survey, or Ipsos/MRBI. How do we know who the hell they are, or where this stuff will end up? Our old friends claiming to be from Microsoft are still around, plus a crowd called apple.ie calling to give me a "free gift", this last one on the mobile.

Advertisement