Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with new login system

Options
  • 19-07-2012 2:04pm

I'm having problems logging in since Boards has moved to the new login system. I've always just let my browser remember my Boards password (since it's a string of random characters), but I can't login using that method any more. My browser populates the Username and Password fields of the new login page, but when I click login Boards tells me my password is incorrect. I've tried copying and pasting the password in, but it gives me the same result. It seems that the login page doesn't work unless the password is manually typed in (I'd to reset my password to do this). I've tried on two computers and several browsers, all with the same result.

Is anybody else having this issue?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

What is your browser version and OS? We've not had any of these problems in testing :)

Danny

Nevermind. :o

Perhaps it was a cache issue or something similar. I cleared the browser caches (again) and restarted this computer and it seems to be working now. I'll try the same with the other computer I'd the problem with. For what it's worth both computers are running Win7 x64, and I'd the problem with the latest builds of Firefox, Chrome and Opera. I thought it would have had to have been a site issue since the problem happened across two computers and three browsers, but evidently not...

Thanks, Danny. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

I'm going to leave this open for now, just in case anybody else runs into issues - thanks for the update though.

Danny

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement