Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about student overdraft

• 19-07-2012 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I applied for an overdraft last year on my student account, and I was granted one of €600, when I went to my bank today I was told it was ending in August, and just to come back in then and they'll sort it out. I was just wondering if it's as simple as just asking for it to be renewed or do I have to do something?

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi Avox.

Thanks for getting in touch.

For the overdraft facility to be renewed or extended on your account, you will need to speak with the Student Advisor in your account holding branch who will be happy to discuss this with you.

Please bear in mind that the overdraft renewal will be assessed on a case by case basis and is subject to approval.

Hope this helps.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Hi Avox.

Thanks for getting in touch.

For the overdraft facility to be renewed or extended on your account, you will need to speak with the Student Advisor in your account holding branch who will be happy to discuss this with you.

Please bear in mind that the overdraft renewal will be assessed on a case by case basis and is subject to approval.

Hope this helps.
    Laura

Thanks a lot!

Just another quick question, I got a new visa debit recently and in the little booklet thing that came with it, it said when I'm purchasing something online, it should redirect me to the Visa site to make some kind of security code.. I just bought something there but wasn't redirected to the visa site or anything, and I'm just wondering if it's normal?

Thanks.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Avox,

The extra security is known as "Verified by Visa". It will only direct you to this page if the website you are using supports it. Once you do have it set up any website that supports "Verified by Visa" will request the password you have chosen.

Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement