Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

noodler wrote: »
    I think Downing will improve.

I disagree with Chucky that he wasn't good enough when we signed him.

Two main reasons:

1) Someone who is consistently one of Villa's best players wouldn't be far off a place in a Liverpool team at the moment (or when we bought him)

2) We were sorely lacking in that department anyway so anything should have been an improvement.

Obviously it has not worked out like that but he has been "doing it" (for want of a better, less absolute word) for years in the EPL and arguably just had his best season at Villa when we signed him.

I don't think that that talent completely disappears after one season.

In fairness he cant really do any worse then last season :pac:

Anywhoooo GB are playing tonight and allen is in the squad, will watch it to see what he's like never took much notice of him during the season. More so looking forward to seeing brazil!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

opr wrote: »
    Britain and Brazil olympic teams play tonight in a friendly at 7.45. Good chance to see Allen in action if he starts.

Opr

I've a vague recollection of that being advertised during the golf yesterday- its on Bbc right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Hoki wrote: »
    I've a vague recollection of that being advertised during the golf yesterday- its on Bbc right?

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I'm not fully comfortable with it, but I'm more comfortable with it than I am other things like:

- Charlie Adam seeing significant game time;
    - Borrini leading the line for extended periods;
    - Stewart Downing seeing significant game time;
    - Carragher / Coates seeing significant game time;
    - Not signing another attacker who walks into the first XI;
    - Not signing another central / attacking midfielder who walks into the first XI;
    - Not having players who can impact a game from the bench like Dirk Kuyt;

Spearing is far from our most pressing concern, that's the point.

Because we replaced him with a nothing replacement. I've answered this already today. If you're going to sack a living legend who took you to two cup finals it should be because you have a demonstrably superior replacement lined up. Instead we got Brendan ****ing Rodgers.

So the man who bought Downing, Adam and Coates, players you have doubts about, and used Kuyt and Maxi infrequently, and signed Henderson as another central midfielder for some strange reason, is better than Brendan Rodgers, a man who hasn't even managed us in a game yet?

Tell me what makes Rodgers less of a manager than the one who made all those cock ups you are moaning about? The fact he's a club legend shouldn't come into it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    So the man who bought Downing, Adam and Coates, players you have doubts about, and used Kuyt and Maxi infrequently, and signed Henderson as another central midfielder for some strange reason, is better than Brendan Rodgers, a man who hasn't even managed us in a game yet?

Tell me what makes Rodgers less of a manager than the one who made all those cock ups you are moaning about? The fact he's a club legend shouldn't come into it.

One manager has won trophies throughout his managerial career (including last season of all things!) at the highest level, the other manager has less than 40 games under his belt at the highest level.

I mean, come on now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭skydish79

opr wrote: »
    Britain and Brazil olympic teams play tonight in a friendly at 7.45. Good chance to see Allen in action if he starts.

Opr

Allen is starting

Butland, Richards, Tomkins, Caulker, Bertrand, Giggs, Allen, Cleverley, Sinclair, Bellamy, Sordell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

One manager has won trophies throughout his managerial career (including last season of all things!) at the highest level, the other manager has less than 40 games under his belt at the highest level.

I mean, come on now.

No, you come on now! :D You posted a list of what needs to be done at the club and I'd agree with most of it, thing is, the man mainly responsible is our legend, you couldn't really make this up.
    - Charlie Adam seeing significant game time;
    - Borrini leading the line for extended periods;
    - Stewart Downing seeing significant game time;
    - Carragher / Coates seeing significant game time;
    - Not signing another attacker who walks into the first XI;
    - Not signing another central / attacking midfielder who walks into the first XI;
    - Not having players who can impact a game from the bench like Dirk Kuyt;

Adam - Kenny signing.
    Downing - Kenny signing.
    Borrini - well if you have seen much of him, I'll bow to your superior knowledge, though how you know what Rodgers would do with money raised if Carroll is sold, I don't know.
    Coates - Kenny signing. Maybe if he'd played him more in Cup matches last season you wouldn't have any doubts.
    Striker, well Kenny signed Carroll and barely played him for 4 month last season.
    CM/AM, Kenny signed Henderson, loaned Shelvey and Aqua, yet a season later we still need a CM/AM.
    Not having players who can impact, well barring Bellamy and an odd good Kuyt cameo we hardly had that in abundance last season, well Carroll coming on at 87 minutes was a great use of subs.

If getting to 2 Cup finals, one of which he left out an inform Carroll satisfies you, and you can ignore our relegation form from Xmas, fair enough.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Lloyd, you never answered yesterday. TWO.CUP.FINALS and 17th is ok for Liverpool in your eyes, yes or no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

skydish79 wrote: »
    Allen is starting

Butland, Richards, Tomkins, Caulker, Bertrand, Giggs, Allen, Cleverley, Sinclair, Bellamy, Sordell

I don't know where you got that team but the actual starting XI tonight is:

Steele; Bertrand, Richards, Tomkins, Taylor; Cleverley, Allen, Giggs(c), Bellamy; Sturridge, Rose

Brazil: Rafael Cabral; Rafael, T. Silva, Juan, Marcelo; Sandro, Romulo, Oscar; Hulk, Damiao, Neymar.

What a team! Come on brazil :D

(and Allen......)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Melion wrote: »
    Lloyd, you never answered yesterday. TWO.CUP.FINALS and 17th is ok for Liverpool in your eyes, yes or no?

It's a stupid question. We didn't finish 17th. We were a little luck and/or the lack of an injury to Lucas from being there or there abouts for the top 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Mr Alan wrote: »
    It's a stupid question. We didn't finish 17th. We were a little luck and/or the lack of an injury to Lucas from being there or there abouts for the top 4.

Every club gets injuries and most clubs get at least one important player missing large chunks of seasons.

The crime was Dalglish not replacing Lucas in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Colemania wrote: »
    I don't know where you got that team but the actual starting XI tonight is:

Steele; Bertrand, Richards, Tomkins, Taylor; Cleverley, Allen, Giggs(c), Bellamy; Sturridge, Rose

Brazil: Rafael Cabral; Rafael, T. Silva, Juan, Marcelo; Sandro, Romulo, Oscar; Hulk, Damiao, Neymar.

What a team! Come on brazil :D

(and Allen......)

You'll learn more about bats watching The Dark Knight Rises than you will about Allen while he's playing under Stuart Pearce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I agree. I'd say there was no confidence in him, spending wise, by then, the though.

Every club gets injuries and most clubs get at least one important player missing large chunks of seasons.

I don't think there was money to spend to be fair.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I agree. I'd say there was no confidence in him, spending wise, by then, the though.

I truly hope FSG aren't that retarded. Our spending this summer would seem to indicate they aren't & we just don't have the money.

Lloyd said you don't sack a manager who reaches TWO.CUP.FINALS unless you get relegated. So he wouldn't have wanted Kenny sacked if we finished 17th instead of 8th? It's good of you to stick up for him but I asked the organ grinder not the monkey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Tosspottery. There's a word you don't read every day.

System.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Bellers is starting for Great Britain tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Because we replaced him with a nothing replacement. I've answered this already today. If you're going to sack a living legend who took you to two cup finals it should be because you have a demonstrably superior replacement lined up. Instead we got Brendan ****ing Rodgers.
    I am having a problem with you writing that, Lloyd. Fair enough if you think Kenny should have stayed but it is a moot point as he is gone and wont be coming back in anything other than a greeting guests capacity. I, for one, am willing to give him a chance. Yes, he has little experience but he built and managed a team playing some of the most solid and attractive football i saw last year with a bunch of relatively 'poor' players in a league where the default position is to shove long high balls into the box in the hope that something will happen. IMO, for that alone he is worth giving a shot.

I didnt see any queue of outstanding candidates fighting over the chance to manage us. You seem to forget that, based on last years form, we are the 8th best team in the PL. That form was presided over by Kenny. Now i love Kenny, always have, always will, since he first arrived and to this day. He was playing for and managing Liverpool for most of my best memories of my life but i cannot forget that he was in charge for the period of worst organisation and play that i have seen in nearly 40 years following the club. And, yes, i do include Hodgson in that statement:(

For pitys sake, give BR a chance. He hasnt even managed us in one match but already you are looking for his head? I respect your opinion but at least wait till he has lost the first match before looking for blood. Or are we as fickle as certain other un-named clubs currently above us in the league?

Now is the perfect time to start a NET SPEND section or discuss how Borini will fare on a wet wednesday night in November in the Britannia stadium. This has gone on far too long:mad::mad::mad:

5live wrote: »
    I am having a problem with you writing that, Lloyd. Fair enough if you think Kenny should have stayed but it is a moot point as he is gone and wont be coming back in anything other than a greeting guests capacity. I, for one, am willing to give him a chance. Yes, he has little experience but he built and managed a team playing some of the most solid and attractive football i saw last year with a bunch of relatively 'poor' players in a league where the default position is to shove long high balls into the box in the hope that something will happen. IMO, for that alone he is worth giving a shot.

I didnt see any queue of outstanding candidates fighting over the chance to manage us. You seem to forget that, based on last years form, we are the 8th best team in the PL. That form was presided over by Kenny. Now i love Kenny, always have, always will, since he first arrived and to this day. He was playing for and managing Liverpool for most of my best memories of my life but i cannot forget that he was in charge for the period of worst organisation and play that i have seen in nearly 40 years following the club. And, yes, i do include Hodgson in that statement:(

For pitys sake, give BR a chance. He hasnt even managed us in one match but already you are looking for his head? I respect your opinion but at least wait till he has lost the first match before looking for blood. Or are we as fickle as certain other un-named clubs currently above us in the league?

Now is the perfect time to start a NET SPEND section or discuss how Borini will fare on a wet wednesday night in November in the Britannia stadium. This has gone on far too long:mad::mad::mad:

rafa-benitez-pa_1356726c.jpg?w=588&h=359

• Advertisement

Should I take your silence for the 3rd time as proof that you have no idea what you are talking about?

I don't care about Brendan Rodgers. I feel as much towards him as I do the thousands upon thousands of professional football coaches around the world who do not deserve to manage one of the greatest clubs in the world.

What I am against is what Rodger's appointment represents: a gross lowering of expectations and standards.

As to this:

Would you deny that:

- in terms of a majority, this thread wanted Benitez gone in 2009 / 10;
    - in terms of a majority, Hodgson's appointment was well received in this thread (which I proved with a quote fest on the day Rodgers was appointed) and that there was a general sense of optimism this time two years ago;
    - in terms of a majority, this thread turned on Kenny for the last few months of last season;
    - in terms of a majority, this thread believes Brendan Rodgers to represent an upgrade when compared to Kenny Dalglish;

?

All companies and organisations suffer hard times as people change, get old, etc and it is impossible to freeze time. But such hard times represent terminal decline when people aligned to such entities allow themselves to forget what was once the status quo or give up fighting to restore it because it seems too damn hard.

When the majority of our fanbase are exuding optimism in a summer where Brendan Rodgers has been appointed and we are unlikely to sign any players above the ~£10m mark (when there are needs everywhere), we're in the **** big time. Irrelevancy beckons imo.

Give the man a chance.

It's not right to be so disrespectful to the man before a ball is even kicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

To be fair to Lloyd he has said many times that he will get behind the team while watching the games and that a forum like this is the only time he gets critical about the club.

To be fair to Lloyd he has said many times that he will get behind the team while watching the games and that a forum like this is the only time he gets critical about the club.

And like I said yesterday, it makes him a hypocrite of the highest order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

donfers wrote: »
    does anyone think we may have paid a "small fee" to an unnamed club to make a bid for joe allen so that we are allowed to go and bid for him

Nothing would surprise me at this stage. There must be other options.

Not really, he's not a fan of Rodgers and would have preferred Rafa. He's entitled to that opinion. When he's at the stadium of course he's going to get behind the team as he wants them to win and booing certainly won't help them achieve that.

Not really, he's not a fan of Rodgers and would have preferred Rafa. He's entitled to that opinion. When he's at the stadium of course he's going to get behind the team as he wants them to win and booing certainly won't help them achieve that.

So going into the stadium and cheering on the team, coming home and giving out about a performance. That's a hypocrite no matter what way you look at it.

Its like pulling a bird and saying all the right things to her, how great she is and how good looking she is. Then going home to your mate and slagging her off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Rafa is gone, Lloyd. I was sorry to see him go with all the crap behind the scenes but he aint coming back. No matter how much he loves the club and the city, he will not manage us again.

Just take a deep breath and exhale slowly, Lloyd, its time to let it go:(

There's blind loyalty and there's being realistic. Sitting in a stadium with 40,000 Liverpool fans isn't a time to be realistic, having a chat with some of your mates is. I hated the Hodgeson era and regularly brought up with my mates about how i wanted him gone, yet had i been to one of the games at that time of course i would have cheered the team as i wanted them to win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

5live wrote: »

Thats the bit i am hoping will improve this year. Too often it was like the players were just told to go out and play with little guidance. This means either this was the case or the players are too stupid to follow instructions (also think last summers signing lack an incredible amount of game intelligence but another story). At time we looked like turning a corner only revert to type playing and open game were players would seemingly sun through us at ease (post Lucas) and our forwards were isolated

I hope that this year we have a plan that you can see on the pitch. It seems like it was Rafas second last season we had anything that resembled a coherent plan that was persevered with

Lloyd said you don't sack a manager who reaches TWO.CUP.FINALS unless you get relegated. So he wouldn't have wanted Kenny sacked if we finished 17th instead of 8th? It's good of you to stick up for him but I asked the organ grinder not the monkey.

Haha brilliant :D

djPSB wrote: »
    Give the man a chance.

It's not right to be so disrespectful to the man before a ball is even kicked.

What's disrespectful in his post? :confused:

K-9 wrote: »
    Read the post you quoted again. I'm not assuming we have the money to solve all those problems and that's the ****ing point. With limited resources, getting rid of someone like Spearing would be utter stupidity.

However, **** it, let's go.

IF THIS IS ALL WE ARE GETTING TO SPEND THIS SUMMER THAN FSG AREN'T WHAT WE HOPED THEY WOULD BE

If they thought one round of net investment would do the job then they are deluded. Not enough investment; no solution regarding the Anfield issue; poor HR with respect to all levels of management. I think they haven't a clue if I'm honest.

Hmmm, maybe I got thrown by you wanting to get rid of Downing and the rest of it.

Tell me this, how could you post that and in all seriousness moan about Kenny getting the sack? It doesn't add up. How could you moan, derail and attack posters who unfortunately lost their faith in the man, the same man who is responsible for a lot of the signings and faults you just went on about?

Well it was this post in particular that I thought was disrespectful.

I was also in the camp that thought Kenny should have got another season, but I don't think that should be used as a stick to beat Rodgers with.

I think Rodgers is ahead of Kenny in almost every aspect of management, the only thing that could have saved Kenny was his status as a club legend and the fact we reached two Cup finals.

I don't think another year under Kenny would have done the club any harm, he always had the best interests of the club at heart.

But Rodgers is appointed now, and for me I don't see any negatives so far. He has a long term vision, trying to transform the orchestra, and has done reasonably well as regards transfers in and out. I will wait until the window closes to make a final judgement on our transfer dealings.

*due to the recent over use of the word system, I am using the word orchestra from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

First post in the Liverpool thread so go easy on me guys!

Question - what is the true level of the current Liverpool team. Is it the team who were at times brilliant in the two great cup runs? Or is it the team that struggled for consistency in the league, especially at home. Did they overperform in the cups or underperform in the league?

For me, that's the key question about the current LFC squad. It will be interesting to see if Rodgers can get more out of the current bunch with a new philosophy. Like others in here, I'm cautiously optimistic.

I'm also a big Kenny fan, but unfortunately either he signed poor players who overperformed in the cups or he signed good players who he couldn't get to play to their potential in the league.

PRAF wrote: »

Question - what is the true level of the current Liverpool team. Is it the team who were at times brilliant in the two great cup runs? Or is it the team that struggled for consistency in the league, especially at home. Did they overperform in the cups or underperform in the league?

For me, that's the key question about the current LFC squad. It will be interesting to see if Rodgers can get more out of the current bunch with a new philosophy. Like others in here, I'm cautiously optimistic.

I'm also a big Kenny fan, but unfortunately either he signed poor players who overperformed in the cups or he signed good players who he couldn't get to play to their potential in the league.

We have the 6th best squad in the league IMO.

1. City
    2. Chelsea
    3. Mancs
    4. Arsenal
    5. Spurs
    6. Liverpool + Newcastle
    8. Everton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

As opposed to believing BR shouldn't have been appointed and that the club is going backwards, yet saying the opposite on here?

Yes Lloyd bangs the we're fucked drum a bit more than maybe he should and can be extreme at times, but saying one thing and believing another is the definition of hypocrisy and this is what you seem to want him to do. :confused:

I think Rodgers is ahead of Kenny in almost every aspect of management, the only thing that could have saved Kenny was his status as a club legend and the fact we reached two Cup finals.

This is a laughable statement. Spoken with nothing other than blind blind hope that far away hills will be greener.

PRAF wrote: »

lgFP2451.jpg

This is a laughable statement. Spoken with nothing other than blind blind hope that far away hills will be greener.

In what areas of management of do you think Kenny is stronger than Rodgers?

I am not talking about managerial achievements here.

I am interested in your comparisons in relation to things like transfer dealings, coaching, handling the media, managing players etc.

I love Kenny btw and would have been happy for him to have stayed on.

1. City
    2. Chelsea
    3. Mancs
    4. Arsenal
    5. Spurs
    6. Liverpool + Newcastle
    8. Everton

we are ahead of Newcastle

• Advertisement

naughtb4 wrote: »

1. City
    2. Chelsea
    3. Mancs
    4. Arsenal
    5. Spurs
    6. Liverpool + Newcastle
    8. Everton

we are ahead of Newcastle

Maybe slightly.

They have a much more balanced squad though.

Cabaye, Tiote, Cisse, Guttierez, Ba, Ben Arfa would all make our team.

In what areas of management of do you think Kenny is stronger than Rodgers?

I am not talking about managerial achievements here.

I am interested in your comparisons in relation to things like transfer dealings, coaching, handling the media, managing players etc.

I love Kenny btw and would have been happy for him to have stayed on.

Based on their careers to date as managers I feel it would be utterly foolish to Rodgers was ahead of him in any department other than the PR side of things, which tbh should be of no interest to us at all.

Rodgers at Swansea was working under a clear DOF structure & footballing philosophy ingrained at the club prior to his arrival, we have no idea how he is in the transfer market or anything tbh. Reading was the only time he had a similar role to what he has now at Liverpool & he failed pretty miserably. I fully suspect Swansea will be relatively impressive again this season as from all I've read about the club, it's the structure that's most impressive there.

What's depressing is not so much Newcastle being near our level, although that is pretty bad, the depressing thing is that when I look at the 5 teams ahead of us I can't help but think, ****, we are nowhere near them.

Arsenal are potentially the weakest out of the top 5, especially if they lose RVP. Although Wilshire coming back will be massive for them.

That still leaves one of City, United, Chelsea and Spurs to mess up if we are to take the wild assumption that we can finish ahead of Arsenal.

I'm sorry, but CL football is nowhere near us for another while :(

Maybe slightly.

They have a much more balanced squad though.

Cabaye, Tiote, Cisse, Guttierez, Ba, Ben Arfa would all make our team.

No they all wouldnt Gutierrez wouldnt, no Lucas or Gerrard or Suarez in your team??:eek:

I disagree Guthrie played alot of games for them last year as did Williamson, Simpson. I think they had a great year but almost everything went their way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

I think the squads of the top three clubs, Man City, Man UTD and Chelsea will stay roughly the same or improve slightly. Where Liverpool ends up depends on what happens with Arsenal, Spurs and Newcastle, I would see all three of them having weaker squads (or for Newcastle, less success) in the upcoming season, so they may drop to our level, rather that Liverpool rising to theirs.

Having said that, if we can fix the goal scoring, and keep everything else from last season, we'll be top 4.

Based on their careers to date as managers I feel it would be utterly foolish to Rodgers was ahead of him in any department other than the PR side of things, which tbh should be of no interest to us at all.

Rodgers at Swansea was working under a clear DOF structure & footballing philosophy ingrained at the club prior to his arrival, we have no idea how he is in the transfer market or anything tbh. Reading was the only time he had a similar role to what he has now at Liverpool & he failed pretty miserably. I fully suspect Swansea will be relatively impressive again this season as from all I've read about the club, it's the structure that's most impressive there.

Okay, I'm saying leave achievements out of it for now.

I am comparing them just on the key attributes that are required of a manager.

For me, Kenny is only at his best when he has good players at this disposal. There isn't much to him tactically, it's basically a 'go and out play' tactic which is fine when you have quality players that are able to act on their own initiative.

But last season Kenny didn't have these quality players at his disposal which is why we didn't see great things from players like Downing, Adam, Henderson. They looked clueless.

I reckon Rodgers is better tactically. He is the complete opposite to the 'go out and play' philosophy. Each player in the orchestra has a defined role.

I think he is better with the media. Kenny brought alot of pressure on himself last season with the manner in which he handled interviews which puts added pressure on the team.

I think Rodgers is a better coach. The players have been full of praise of his coaching methods since he took over. If you look at the videos of the training sessions, they seem alot more intense than last season. Granted, Kenny didn't conduct training last season but he was responsible for employing someone to conduct it on his behalf.

I think Rodgers will be better in the transfer marker. Of course, we don't know this yet but I would be surprised if he doesn't surpass the successes of last seasons transfers of Downing, Adam, Suarez, Coates, Carroll, Henderson, Enrique.

I would have thought Kenny would have had the edge as regard man management but it seems not. Skrtel said this week “He told us right on the first training session we had the door open any time and anything we need we should come to him. He is a little bit different from Dalglish in this.”

I don't think Laudrup will be as successful with Swansea next season. I don't think Dalglish would be able to replicate the success Rodgers achieved with them. They didn't win anything, but they achieved much more than they were entitled to.

Now these are some of the reasons why I think Rodgers is a better manager in the modern day than Dalglish.

I am interested to hear why you think the opposite.

What's the point in having any discussion about a manager where your precede it by saying lets leave managerial achievements out of it?! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

There isn't much to him tactically.

While I agree that Rodgers is a better tactician than Dalglish, this is harsh.

Remmeber the game against Chelsea where Meireles scored? Dalglish's back 3/interchangeable diamond tactics probably won the game for you's.

What's the point in having any discussion about a manager where your precede it by saying lets leave managerial achievements out of it?! :confused:

So going by your reasoning, we should have just employed the most successful manager?

Doesn't always work that way.

Why did RDM win the CL with Chelsea when AVB was struggling all season?

Was it because he had achieved more?

G.K. wrote: »
    While I agree that Rodgers is a better tactician than Dalglish, this is harsh.

Remmeber the game against Chelsea where Meireles scored? Dalglish's back 3/interchangeable diamond tactics probably won the game for you's.

Maybe a tad harsh. But I would rate Rodgers better tactically out of the two..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement