Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

opr wrote: »
    Rumours Suarez has signed a new long-term deal.

Opr

I can see FSG/Ayre pulling a Purslow and saying players who sign new contracts count as new signings

you heard it here first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

training11_50210818e986e198710405.jpg

training16.jpg

training04_5021044604a04659642275.jpg

training15_5021040a1ebce534608416.jpg

trainin01.jpg

training07_502104c251b8f622083553.jpg

traingin03_50210436a4d0b522034566.jpg

training19.jpg

training09_502104cf18f9a046442798.jpg

training18_502103efadc7a511915264.jpg

training14_502107b135e2d574763673.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

donfers wrote: »
    gerrard and carra have been wonderful servants for the club but i'm not sure if they are ruthless enough, they have been criticised for not speaking out about h&g at the time (they were on nice cosy contracts) and not standing up for the foreign players and rafa at times - so as I said a hard bastard with great leadership skills who can unify us and be a pain in the hole to referees and the opposition would be a good catch

In fairness to Gerrard and Carra, it's not in any players best interests to publicly denounce the clubs owners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Opr
    I can see FSG/Ayre pulling a Purslow and saying players who sign new contracts count as new signings

you heard it here first

To be fair, Saurez supposedly signing a new contract would be good news for ye lot. He is a known looper and he has been a bit squirrely lately in interviews and then boo boys at the olympics would not have helped.

If he has committed himself with a new contract than all the doubt goes out the window and clearly he still wants to be there for the long haul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

amorebieta is meant to be a headcase but you want controlled intimidating aggression and a competitive never say die spirit and a refusal to be mistreated by officials or opposition

Whenever I see or hear this guys name I'm always reminded of

• Advertisement

Opr

confirmed !?

Another vid here... someone fecked up it seems .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Agger looks very unhappy and like he's handed in a transfer request in those pictures doesn't he.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

BenThere wrote: »
    Sigurdsson would actually be £8m + (£65k X 52 X 4) = £21.52m

Joe Allen would be £18m + (£40k x 52 x 4) = £26.32m

It's great being an accountant with OCD ;)

Ben

Ah, so that's where you learned there are 52 weeks in a year?? accounting school, interesting...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

mormank wrote: »
    Ah, so that's where you learned there are 52 weeks in a year?? accounting school, interesting...:rolleyes:

Actually mutiply by 52.143 to be more accurate ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭doc_17

Sick of this Agger story. If he wants to go then there's nothing we can do about that really. But I not the club should be doin all they can to fight off interest from other clubs. If we lose Agger I'd be extremely worried about the direction the club is going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

doc_17 wrote: »
    Sick of this Agger story. If he wants to go then there's nothing we can do about that really. But I not the club should be doin all they can to fight off interest from other clubs. If we lose Agger I'd be extremely worried about the direction the club is going.

Perhaps you haven't been following?
    It seems the club are the ones driving this deal not Agger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Kess73 wrote: »
    Would feel a little let down to be honest if such a scenario happened as I would feel that the massive gain at one end of the pitch was being offset by the massive loss at the other end.

I said it yesterday, and I stand by it. If we sell Agger we are disrupting the only area of our team that is settled and without need of an immediate upgrade.

Selling him means we will have to piss away more money, on probably an inferior quality player.

Regardless of the money we receive on Agger, I still get the impression we will end up wasting half of it and that, for me, won't justify his sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mr Alan wrote: »
    This appears to be the approach you're going with this transfer window.

495491-boy-with-fingers-inb-ears.jpg

Just to reiterate, we're not talking about some tit bit in a tabloid rag, every credible football journalist, local & national, has said that we're willing to sell Agger for £22m.

Yeah that's right Alan, just because I am not taking selected rumours, which is all they are right now no matter how you want to dress them up, and getting my knickers in a twist over them I must be trying to avoid the truth.:D

For a guy who used to make such a fuss about knee jerkers in the past, it would seem that it is the order of the day for you now.

Quick question then. If Agger signs a contract extension in the next two weeks, will you be out saying that those credible journos were bullshyting in order to get the easily led to buy papers/give sites hits or will there be the get out clause of "oh things change in football"?

I can remember Balague being spoken of as some kind of credible jouno as well in the past, now he is seen as a bluffer for the most part. Can also remember lots of people waffling on about Bascombe being a credible journo with genuine info.

Now I am not painting Barrett as being at the same level of BS as those two, because he is not, but I am saying that like any journo he knows how to make a byline into a headline. All it takes is for one person to quote a figure of sorts and then all the journos have an undisclosed source for their figure or for people to report that the "understand" that a player is available for the price they heard.

If Barrett or anyone else gets proven correct, then I will vent on the subject, but I will not be taking what any journo, even a credible one, says with applying plenty of salt. Taking what a journo says on blind faith is a mug's game Alan, and I don't think you are that mug.

But if not posting about how the sky is falling because thing X and Thing Y might happen means I am pretending not to see some massive unravelling of the club in your eyes, then knock yourself out on that.:)

Actually mutiply by 52.143 to be more accurate ;)

No leap years in accountancy?

Suarez New Deal.

Here's a vid where LFC TV mistakenly announced new deal and then pulled it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

One thing I don't understand is that how is Rodgers being portrayed as a yes man by some people yet FSG supposedly scrapped their DOF structure just to get him on board. Doesn't make too much sense does it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

CL7 wrote: »
    One thing I don't understand is that how is Rodgers being portrayed as a yes man by some people yet FSG supposedly scrapped their DOF structure just to get him on board. Doesn't make too much sense does it?

Supposedly....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

NukaCola wrote: »
    Supposedly....

I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm hopeful but I'm worried at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

So IF the rumours are true, it looks like (sigh) moneyball for moneyball's sake as regards Agger then? Certain criteria are reached (age, value) and an alarm sounds telling them to sell regardless of how difficult it will be to replace him. FSG need to cop the fuck on. And Rodgers too, if he's onboard with it.

Ape X wrote: »
    So IF the rumours are true, it looks like (sigh) moneyball for moneyball's sake as regards Agger then? Certain criteria are reached (age, value) and an alarm sounds telling them to sell regardless of how difficult it will be to replace him. FSG need to cop the fuck on. And Rodgers too, if he's onboard with it.

How can you criticise the owners and manager based on rumours rather than fact?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

murpho999 wrote: »

Because he said IF.

For example, I can say IF a meteor lands on suarez during a match next season he only has himself to blame and is clearly karma for being the worst racist in the history of the planet.

The IF makes everything okay :p

Second word of my post. I even put it in capitals for you. I used it again in relation to Rodgers.

"Hehe Did you read the shyte in the papers about me? LMFAO"
    :pac:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11854/7970352/Yanga-Mbiwa-Toon-still-keen

Montpellier star Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa has confirmed that Newcastle United remain interested in his signature.

And the highly-rated France international defender has admitted he would relish the chance to move to Tyneside.

However, he also states that he would see the move to Newcastle as a perfect stepping stone to move on to AC Milan, who have seen a bid rejected.

Yanga-Mbiwa, 23, is captain of Montpellier and having led them to the French title last season is in talks over a new deal, but with Milan bidding and Newcastle still keen, is considering his options.

"It is possible that I can renew my contract with Montpellier, just as it is possible that I will not renew it," he told TuttoMercato.

"I do not exclude the possibility of renewing my contract with Montpellier."

Milan have seen a bid rejected by Montpellier and Yanga-Mbiwa admits he would love the chance to play for the Italian giants.

"Playing for Milan would certainly be a great opportunity for me, so now we wait," he continued.

Stepping stone

He then admitted that Newcastle remain keen on him, suggesting a move to England could come before a switch to Italy.

"I know that Newcastle are also interested in me. Newcastle would be a great opportunity for me, and I would hope that eventually I could join Milan.

"Joining Newcastle before Milan would give me the chance to mature even more and gain more experience. We'll see what happens."

Milan chief Adriano Galliano confirmed over the weekend that they had seen their bid rejected.

"Montpellier turned down our offer and we cannot reach an agreement for buying the player," he said.

"Therefore, the case is closed with no regrets or bitterness."

So why the fcuk are we not in for him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Agger look gutted in those pics I have to say. Of course he could be thinking about 200,000 a week with a title winning team.....

mike65 wrote: »
    Agger look gutted in those pics I have to say. Of course he could be thinking about 200,000 a week with a title winning team.....

You would be too if you were about to sign a £30 million contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,510 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

:pac:

''Hey Stevie,Soon my bank balance will be bigger than yours''

If Agger is sold for 20 m,
    Then i'm sorry but Allen is worth 8 million,

Joe Allen, Who the feck is Joe Alllen,

FS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

If Agger is sold for 20 m,
    Then i'm sorry but Allen is worth 8 million,

Joe Allen, Who the feck is Joe Alllen,

FS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Allen_(footballer_born_1990)

• Advertisement

amiable wrote: »

What was it that was said on here in the last week or so? Oh yeah, that there would be no way that a player like him would consider coming to an English club in the Europa league.

Ape X wrote: »
    Second word of my post. I even put it in capitals for you. I used it again in relation to Rodgers.

I saw the 'IF' but still don't see how people have to cop on when nothing has happened yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

What was it that was said on here in the last week or so? Oh yeah, that there would be no way that a player like him would consider coming to an English club in the Europa league.

Stop being all logical and sh1t will ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Newcastle get it.

we could learn an awful lot from them right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭Joni23

Suarez New Deal.

Here's a vid where LFC TV mistakenly announced new deal and then pulled it.

This is brilliant news for the club.

My point exactly Kess :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Looking through those pixs can one make a guess who's playing on Thursday? Green bibs or orange?

edit here 10 players in green - this is the team

149931340-steven-gerrard-of-liverpool-jumps-in-front-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QavolzeQq5Xk9FqV4bKZuRJ08xglEM5myZ1NyHcx%2bik%2bM5SPhNSJDf5rr7T9cVmHag%3d%3d

Joni23 wrote: »
    This is brilliant news for the club.

It certainly is, as can be seen by the lack of people here reacting to it and saying how great it is.

amiable wrote: »
    My point exactly Kess :)

I know.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It certainly is, as can be seen by the lack of people here reacting to it and saying how great it is.

Is it official? Best news of the year if it is.

I saw the 'IF' but still don't see how people have to cop on when nothing has happened yet.
    Well I thought people would be able to make the leap that the having to cop on is reliant on the IF actually happening.

• Advertisement

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/luis-suarez-pens-new-long-term-1231522

Still confused, has he or has he not signed up,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    They are going with it,,,,,,,,,,

mike65 wrote: »

149931340-steven-gerrard-of-liverpool-jumps-in-front-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QavolzeQq5Xk9FqV4bKZuRJ08xglEM5myZ1NyHcx%2bik%2bM5SPhNSJDf5rr7T9cVmHag%3d%3d
    I like Gerrard's invisible skateboard.

That may well have been me, although I didn't go about saying the Europa League part.

I pretty much thought that with Milan in for him there would only be one realistic option. He even states it himself to be fair, he wants Milan first and foremost.

I would love if we signed him and it certainly would ease the loss of Agger, if it is to happen.

All this is said, however, without me ever having watched him play much. I'm going by Youtube, articles and posts from people such as yourself.

Is great news if true, and maybe a sign that other players may be getting offered extensions.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/luis-suarez-pens-new-long-term-1231522

Still confused, has he or has he not signed up,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    They are going with it,,,,,,,,,,

Rumor has it that he has not signed it yet.

It's with his agent at the moment and the TV stuff was premature.

Knex. wrote: »
    That may well have been me, although I didn't go about saying the Europa League part.

I pretty much thought that with Milan in for him there would only be one realistic option. He even states it himself to be fair, he wants Milan first and foremost.

I would love if we signed him and it certainly would ease the loss of Agger, if it is to happen.

All this is said, however, without me ever having watched him play much. I'm going by Youtube, articles and posts from people such as yourself.

I don't believe we referring to you :)

Probably arguing over a clause in Suarez' contract stating that he must have a new manager every year. How many is he after in his career so far? Must be about 10 :p

Knex. wrote: »

Did not think it was you tbh, but hey ho. :)

I do think he is good enough to play in a team instead of Agger, but he is not the same style of player as Agger and imho I think he would be a massive upgrade on Skrtel in terms of style of play rather than a perfect replacement of Agger.

Agger and Yanga-Mbiwa > Yanga-Mbiwa and Skrtel. And by some distance.

Regarding Standard Chartered, does anyone know the likely ins and outs of a typical sponsorship deal? For example, would there be clauses where either party can ditch the other if they were to be involved with unsavoury circumstances that may reflect badly on the other party? You hear of sponsors dropping individual sportspeople whenever there's a scandal... just wondering if it can work the other way.

Is it official? Best news of the year if it is.

It's unofficially official as the official official announcement was unofficially broadcast on the clubs Official TV channel early today but hastily stopped.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement