Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Kess73 wrote: »
    When did Alan get a cat?

:pac:

Or an owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

NukaCola wrote: »
    Its Messi.........you heard it here first! :pac:

More likely Lee Cattermole:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

amiable wrote: »
    Hmmmm, Liverpool FC Tv not showing the scheduled live broadcast at 5pm

What this usually about? A bit of discussion with a phone in show?

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I'd be shocked if he picked us over Milan.

This is what you said but it does seem from his quotes that he's open to Newcastle.
    Agreed he'll probably end up at Milan but my point was and still is why aren't Liverpool sniffing around him?
    A dumb priest never got a parish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

NukaCola wrote: »
    Its Messi.........you heard it here first! :pac:

Might get a game alright now that Joe Cole did his hammy in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

This is what you said but it does seem from his quotes that he's open to Newcastle.
    Agreed he'll probably end up at Milan but my point was and still is why aren't Liverpool sniffing around him?
    A dumb priest never got a parish

What I said is still the case. Milan have cooled there interest so he doesn't even have a choice of them. What he's doing now would be picking Newcastle over Montpellier.

What I said is still the case. Milan have cooled there interest so he doesn't even have a choice of them. What he's doing now would be picking Newcastle over Montpellier.

I wasn't reproaching you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

he just sent me a pm saying you are a girlie girl type girl. Kick his ass. :pac:

Amiable called you a dumb priest. Shank him :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Any chance you could reproach me? I have money.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Ahh leave it to the Limerick lads (inc blow-ins) to reach for the shanks :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Ape X wrote: »
    I like Gerrard's invisible skateboard.

149931340-steven-gerrard-of-liverpool-jumps-in-front-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QavolzeQq5Xk9FqV4bKZuRJ08xglEM5myZ1NyHcx%2bik%2bM5SPhNSJDf5rr7T9cVmHag%3d%3d

Its a hoverboard not a skateboard. He is trying to get back to 1985 Back to the future style. All he needs now is the "flux capacitor" & a delorian.

BRAcj.jpg

This place has been so happy and upbeat over the last few days that I just couldn't bring the down that tone by getting into a pointless internet argument.

Leiva wrote: »
    Ahh leave it to the Limerick lads (inc blow-ins) to reach for the shanks :p

Why bring a shank to a gun fight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭doc_17

There's a Daniel Agger "official twitter page" about 10 mins ago saying, in the 3rd person, that he is happy at Liverpool and not seeking a transfer.

Any chance you could reproach me? I have money.....

You obviously don't know me. I do that kind of thing for free :D

doc_17 wrote: »
    There's a Daniel Agger "official twitter page" about 10 mins ago saying, in the 3rd person, that he is happy at Liverpool and not seeking a transfer.

An official twitter fan page no?

Nuri Sahin. (Supposedly)
    "I would not be interested in a team that are not competitive, such as Newcastle or Liverpool. When I am gone, I would like to improve as a player and to do that I have play with other quality players, which I do not have at those clubs."

Opr

• Advertisement

You really don't like Amiable do you. :pac: If you want a job done right..

This place has been so happy and upbeat over the last few days that I just couldn't bring the down that tone by getting into a pointless internet argument.

Just as well, Amiable would have kicked your butt. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Knex. wrote: »
    G.K seems to rate him as one of the top young players in his position in any of the European leagues.

I wouldn't put it that far, there are several levels of class of young players above him, I would just place him at a cut above the majority of the British youngsters. Only the likes of Wilshere can draw parallels with him. I do think his potential is very high, that said.

Would you be able to find similar players (Age, position, attributes and potential) all around Europe but for cheaper prices? Undoubtedly.

Would you be able to get a player a cut above Allen for similar money? Quite possibly.

Would he be a bad signing? No, far from it. He'd be an excellent player for Pool imo. But in terms of money and current ability, ye can do better elsewhere.

Apologies if my previous posts have made my viewpoint unclear.

You obviously don't know me. I do that kind of thing for free :D

You do not do anything for free, Ho. Pimp Kess gets his cut so no freebies. :mad:

G.K. wrote: »
    I wouldn't put it that far, there are several levels of class of young players above him, I would just place him at a cut above the majority of the British youngsters. Only the likes of Wilshere can draw parallels with him. I do think his potential is very high, that said.

Would you be able to find similar players (Age, position, attributes and potential) all around Europe but for cheaper prices? Undoubtedly.

Would you be able to get a player a cut above Allen for similar money? Quite possibly.

Would he be a bad signing? No, far from it. He'd be an excellent player for Pool imo. But in terms of money and current ability, ye can do better elsewhere.

Apologies if my previous posts have made my viewpoint unclear.

Typical Wycombe so and so. Always causing confusion. ;)

Oi Amiable, G.K just said you look like Willie O'Dea :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

opr wrote: »
    Nuri Sahin. (Supposedly)

Opr

That's a kick in the nuts.

Reina, Agger, Johnson, Lucas, Gerrard and Suarez are all quality players in their own rights.

Certainly up to the standard he was used to at Dortmund I would suggest.

Then at Newcastle, the likes of Cisse, Ba, Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Tiote would be of a high quality.

If he ends up at Arsenal we can forget catching them, they'll be challenging for the league and once more we won't be within a donkey's ass of CL football.

• Advertisement

Not sure if it's real but the same full story is floating around a few forums now. Even if a player believed what's in that quote he would be incredibly stupid to say it publicly so I have my doubts.

Anyway
    Paul Rogers ‏@PaulRogersLFC
    Tune into @LFCTV now at 6pm for a special edition of our LFC Now news show. It's longer than 28 seconds!

Guess that will be to give us the news about Suarez.

Opr

opr wrote: »
    Not sure if it's real but the same full story is floating around a few forums now. Even if a player believed what's in that quote he would be incredibly stupid to say it publicly so I have my doubts.

Opr

Very true. An easier, and more elegant, way of putting it would be to simply say "I want to play for a club with CL football and challenge for the league".

Even the most deluded of Liverpool fans would know that would rule us out :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

The only good thing about the upcoming season is that with our small expectations, the pressure might be off somewhat and we may actually perform better in the league

Louis signs a new long term contract:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

suarezayre500.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

suarezayre500.jpg

Luis Suarez has signed a new long-term contract with the club.

The Uruguay forward committed his future to the Reds by putting pen to paper on the deal on Tuesday afternoon after returning to Melwood following the Olympics earlier this week.

Moments after signing the deal, Suarez told Liverpoolfc.com: "To sign a new contract with Liverpool is unbelievable for me because I am so happy here at both the club and also in the city.

"That is important for me and I am very happy with my new contract.

"When you are a kid, everybody wants to play for Liverpool. I am here now and it is a dream for me, and now I am a Liverpool fan.

"I am happy off the pitch because the people of Liverpool are good with me and my family. I try my best on the pitch and when you are happy off the pitch, you are happy on the pitch.

"I want to say thank-you to the fans because they are our 12th player. The supporters of Liverpool are unbelievable.

"Five or six years ago I watched on TV the stadium and the club, and now I play here and the supporters have helped me. That's very important for me."

Suarez has established himself as a Kop favourite at Anfield since his transfer from Ajax in January 2011.

The No.7 has scored 21 goals and created countless assists for his teammates in 52 appearances for Liverpool.

Manager Brendan Rodgers added: "I'm delighted. When you have the opportunity to work with world-class players it's fantastic.

"There were certainly a few clubs who were interested in him but over the off-season he and I communicated well - and he's committed himself for the long term here now.

"He's really looking forward to playing in this way of working. As a manager and for the supporters, I'm delighted because I know how important he is for them."

Right, there's the good news.

Now the cynical bastid in me is awaiting the bad in the next few days.

Hopefully I'm wrong and all we here about is the signings that we desperately need.

A Dempsey, an Allen, a winger/wideforward at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

This is fantastic news.

Hopefully other top players are looking at this and seeing that Liverpool is still a club that can keep top players happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

suarezayre500.jpg

Silly question but: how long is long term? His current contract went on a fair while anyway... what's the difference? Cynic in me wonders is it just an extra year or two and an easy PR win to smooth over what's coming up....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Great signing there, great summer's work, well played, good game. Roll on the new season.

Shocked he's signed a new contract for a club heading to mid table....

'The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away' :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

Great news! Well this is unexpected. What are we supposed to do now?

CL7 wrote: »

Go back to Twitter and weep:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

CL7 wrote: »

Stick the plan and continue to moan until September.

Hurray!!!

suarez-karaoke.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1330285064053

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Shocked he's signed a new contract for a club heading to mid table....

If he wants to leave, he'll leave. This way he just gets more money in the interim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Melion wrote: »
    Just out of interest. If we sign 3/4 players and keep Agger, what stick will you use to beat BR with?

This is actually more to do a concerning sign with regards to our ownership & what our goals are this season & in the immediate future, rather than specifically being related to Rodgers (who I like btw - I'm just not pretending he is a great manager or is in any way proven at the highest level. Apparently that makes me a hater).
    Yeah that's right Alan, just because I am not taking selected rumours, which is all they are right now no matter how you want to dress them up, and getting my knickers in a twist over them I must be trying to avoid the truth.:D

It's not a selected "rumour", you're quite intentionally downplaying it. It's widely reported as fact in the most credible newspapers in England & by the most credible journalists at those papers.

Combining it with the club lying about Agger being injured last week & not travelling for the game, his agent coming out & saying he & his client were bemused by the lie & that there had been no moves from the club to extend his contract, it's fair to say there is definitely something behind the story. It's entirely foolish to believe otherwise & try & write it off as if it were twaddle from the gossip section of The Star or something.
    Kess73 wrote:
    For a guy who used to make such a fuss about knee jerkers in the past, it would seem that it is the order of the day for you now.

Kneejerk? Not in the slightest. Just judging the window as it's progressing.
    Kess73 wrote:
    Quick question then. If Agger signs a contract extension in the next two weeks, will you be out saying that those credible journos were bullshyting in order to get the easily led to buy papers/give sites hits or will there be the get out clause of "oh things change in football"?

If Rodgers comes out & says that no offer would pry Daniel from Liverpool and he signs an extentsion, then yes, I'll say Barrett & co. were off the wall.

If Man City don't meet the asking price & we're left with an unhappy Agger, no I'll not be impressed & we'll likely face an Alonso-esque situation in Jan/next summer.

If it materializes that there is something to the Agger story, will you then admit you were foolish to disregard it so righteously & flippantly? Or do you want your cake & to eat it too?
    Kess73 wrote:
    I can remember Balague being spoken of as some kind of credible jouno as well in the past, now he is seen as a bluffer for the most part. Can also remember lots of people waffling on about Bascombe being a credible journo with genuine info.

What are you pontificating about? :confused:

I've never held either of the two up as a decent source.
    Kess73 wrote:
    Now I am not painting Barrett as being at the same level of BS as those two, because he is not, but I am saying that like any journo he knows how to make a byline into a headline.

Oh right, so you agree that your last point was totally irrelevant? Cool.
    There's a difference between making a byline into a headline & inventing a story, if you can't see it, disappointing.
    Kess73 wrote:
    All it takes is for one person to quote a figure of sorts and then all the journos have an undisclosed source for their figure or for people to report that the "understand" that a player is available for the price they heard.

All it takes is for one line from the club totally rubbishing the story. We'll get that chance when Rodgers faces the cameras over the next couple of days.
    Kess73 wrote:
    If Barrett or anyone else gets proven correct, then I will vent on the subject, but I will not be taking what any journo, even a credible one, says with applying plenty of salt.

I presume you will also hold your hands up in here & say you were wrong to scoff at the talk of it?
    Kess73 wrote:
    Taking what a journo says on blind faith is a mug's game Alan, and I don't think you are that mug.

I take very few journalists seriously. However, if it's Liverpool related & Tony Barrett says it, I believe it. I've no issue admitting it. It's the main reason The Times took him in.

You attempted to invent a couple of stories he got wrong last night, I asked for links, you ignored the request. Quite simply, he is the most reliable source of Liverpool information outside the official club channels.

I find it quite hilarious that you're scoffing at people talking about such a widely reported story held in every credible paper as nothing more than gossip-mongering, when all season you post little tit-bits from your trips back to Liverpool. Weird weird double standard.

From here on out, I'm gonna pull you up on every time you lend any non-official source any creedence by discussing it. Enjoy.

Great signing there, great summer's work, well played, good game. Roll on the new season.

Scouting network worked hard on this one.

Opr

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Hopefully I'm wrong and all we here about is the signings that we desperately need.

A Dempsey, an Allen, a winger/wideforward at the very least.

why are people getting so excited by this?

He was never going anywhere this Summer and already had a contract with plenty of years left on it

the lack of detail in the piece on the official site says it all, how much have they extended his contract by? nothing about that - could there be clauses in this contract etc?

more spin and pr coz the fans were restless the last few weeks

here's an idea - how about we sign quality players NOT already at the club because as good as Suarez is he can't do it all on his own

getting a bit concerned that the ownership are spinning way too much and are all style and no substance

the pr machine is rolling on but if we want to progress on the pitch we need to sign four or five pronto

in a way it is a sign of how far we have fallen that we are all getting so excited that a player has seemingly committed himself to the club, much much much more than this is required and please fsg/ayre/chang don't bs the fans and at least let us know how long he has signed on for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Our best player signed a contract extension, its giod news and fans are well within their rights to be happy about it. That doesnt mean that we're happy about the lack of movement in transfers or the wool is being pulled over our eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Our best player signed a contract extension, its giod news and fans are well within their rights to be happy about it. That doesnt mean that we're happy about the lack of movement in transfers or the wool is being pulled over our eyes.

Nothing gets past agent Sir Gallagher!

• Advertisement

Typical Wycombe so and so. Always causing confusion. ;)

Oi Amiable, G.K just said you look like Willie O'Dea :pac:

Get it right, Willie O'Dea looks like me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement