Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

£18mill plus Adam Johnson would be something I could stomach for Dagger.

Joe Allen just don't see it especially for £15mill but it's obvious Rodgers is mad keen on him!

Don't think Lucas will start 2mo night imagine Spearing will play and Lucas to come on as a sub in 2nd half being greeted by a typical warm reception from Anfield crowd!

City players I wouldn't want on loan or permanent that could be included Adebayor, Richards, Savic, Milner, De Jong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

opr wrote: »
    Apparently Agger has come back to training with the letters YNWA tattooed across his fingers just below his knuckles. You can see he has had something done in this picture but not the actual letters. Poor Daniel if it's true.

633299497.jpg?key=350457&Expires=1344460250&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=fVohg9Na3RrN4s8Kl6hjtzujc3QuA%7EWzrI6hNZ-u8D3P1g4pHXz73-B7rE4%7E6F8BuI9-R0V6oc4Rmntc4Wz0KC0Ax-Iuu39U5s764I8ij08RAoTqNOxhpFRQkPEUWzScJuD9n9tC5A2dMPhrJOiq6dOAUmKDl1OzOuVLyXhDbk4_

Opr

Was just about to post that, its off the clubsite and hasent been shopped so its real, apparently told a supporter today too he never wants to leave. Not many players around like our agger, what a hero! Would break my heart to see him leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

I'd sell him for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Stop infecting this thread more than it already is

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

There's no statement?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

I actually lolled. What utter bullsh*t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

NoelJ wrote: »
    There's no statement?

He made it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

If we ended up getting £27m for Agger, which was in turn used to bring in a top quality forward/winger its great business. (Dont worry though they wont pay us £27m)

However if it goes through at £20m & we then spend 15 of that on Joe Allen. Then were essentially selling Agger for Allen + £5m. That looks like considerably worse business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Last few days people have been moaning about the lack of players in - now it'll be a moan about how we are spending to much on a player. lol, gotta love this thread.

no people have been moaning about the lack of top quality players in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Our own fans trolling the thread, that's a new one....I blame Rodgers and FSG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Is there something wrong with you??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

If this **** continues amiable is gonna run out of gifs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Don't want to lose Agger, but £27 million could buy 2/3 players. Don't mind Rodgers going for Allen, he's a good prospect, and I think every manger should be allowed one mental bid for a player, Kenny took the piss and did it with Carroll, Hendo, Downing & Adam though!

Agger is supposedly starting tomorrow, which is strange since we are pushing him out the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,508 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

jenno86 wrote: »
    Is there something wrong with you??

lol
    Come on, its the Torres to Chelsea news article, I just edited it,
    As we all know whats coming,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

For real,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I have BorneTobyWilde on ignore. Please stop quoting!

redzerdrog wrote: »
    no people have been moaning about the lack of top quality players in

So your of the opinion Allen and Borini aren't good enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,508 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

mike65 wrote: »
    I have BorneTobyWilde on ignore. Please stop quoting!

i'M JUST KIDDING,
    Geex, If you can't laugh what can you do,

Its coming though, For real,
    We all know it,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Dirk got two goals tonight . Delighted for him settling in quick .

So your of the opinion Allen and Borini aren't good enough?

both unproven with potential, at this minute neither is top quality or a signing that will excite the fans like Rodgers said was in the pipeline weeks ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Would him starting tomorrow not cup-tie him for all european competitions?

redzerdrog wrote: »
    both unproven with potential, at this minute neither is top quality or a signing that will excite the fans like Rodgers said was in the pipeline weeks ago

How excited the fans are is probably the least of our concerns at the moment, to be fair.

El Spearo wrote: »

just the europa league I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Agger is supposedly starting tomorrow, which is strange since we are pushing him out the door.

This is from the same guy who said once we got £20m bid Agger would be sold. Given he has just been proved to be wrong with the latest news we rejected such a bid his story suddenly changes. Another bull****ter imo.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

-Ade- wrote: »
    Agreed. Been pretty much saying the same on Twitter myself. If I'm honest, I'd take £25M + Guidetti (not ****ing Adam Johnson) and if we could guarantee one of my top 3 choices for potentially replacing Agger, I could live with that I reckon. Easier said than done though, and I seriously worry that Carra would be a regular starter.

All in all, I just wished it was Skrtel and not Agger that City wanted.

Do you know much of Toby Alderweireld the Ajax center back? Kristian Walsh mentioned him the other day...I don't think he's linked with us though. Walsh just mentioned him as a kind of one to watch.

This is from the same guy who said once we got £20m bid Agger would be sold. Given he has just been proved to be wrong with the latest news we rejected such a bid his story suddenly changes. Another bull****ter imo.

Opr

But . . . he has a green bib

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Last 4 seasons: minutes per defensive error: Agger 3,288 | Carragher 1,812 | Skrtel 1,204.

Its simple. We wouldn't be losing Agger and gaining 27m. We would be losing Agger (and Skrtel). Gaining Allen and Borini and an even balance sheet. However, we would see plenty more of Carra, who should have been phased out at least 18 months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Can warrior still use bellamys image for their kit if he leaves to cardiff? He's their main ambasador/poster boy so far.

Bold prediction-agger to stay :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

• Advertisement

Contract issues aside, lets say if we offer him something fair he will sign it. If the news is true that Agger is really pushing to stay. Would people be in favour of forcing him to make the move if a bid of £27m comes in?

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

But will accept anything north of £27million

Was it not the Times that claimed that £22m was the price Liverpool wanted? Now a week or so later they are changing the figure to £27m or above?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Kess73 wrote: »
    Was it not the Times that claimed that £22m was the price Liverpool wanted? Now a week or so later they are changing the figure to £27m or above?

Yep it was. And yes they have changed the figure. Part of me thinks this is guesswork based on Rodgers quotes from earlier today.

However... 27 million (if true) is hard to ignore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Last few days people have been moaning about the lack of players in - now it'll be a moan about how we are spending to much on a player. lol, gotta love this thread.

That's just plain old nonsense.

If, for example, we were moaning about no players being brought in and we signed Salf Diao for £100m would you make the same statement? No you wouldn't - that's because we're not moaning just because players aren't being signed. In addition to that they have to both be a good player and a good deal.

If we're that tight on cash then we can't afford to pay over the odds by 50% for a player of the calibre of Joe Allen.

If he was Spanish he'd be half that.

El Spearo wrote: »

No. Any player who plays in the qualifying rounds of the Europa league and who changes club before September 1st can then play in the Europa League with another club from the league stages of that competition onwards.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Do you know much of Toby Alderweireld the Ajax center back? Kristian Walsh mentioned him the other day...I don't think he's linked with us though. Walsh just mentioned him as a kind of one to watch.

Sorry, laptop is ragging on me otherwise I'd have answered earlier.

I've not heard anything about us being in for Alderweireld but in short, he isn't a patch on his countrymen Kompany nor Vertonghen and he isn't good enough to replace Agger IMO.

If we are looking at the Eredivisie, I'd like to go for Douglas from Twente instead. Someone whom Newcastle have been linked with a fair bit earlier this summer summer. The 3 names I'd like us to look at if Agger were to leave are are Mbiwa, Höwedes and Douglas, probably in that order too.

• Advertisement

Gbear wrote: »
    That's just plain old nonsense.

If, for example, we were moaning about no players being brought in and we signed Salf Diao for £100m would you make the same statement? No you wouldn't - that's because we're not moaning just because players aren't being signed. In addition to that they have to both be a good player and a good deal.

If we're that tight on cash then we can't afford to pay over the odds by 50% for a player of the calibre of Joe Allen.

If he was Spanish he'd be half that.

Which is it? Either you wan players bought in and pay over the odds for them or you are happy to sit tight for a transfer window if other clubs set a price limit to high.

Yep it was. And yes they have changed the figure. Part of me thinks this is guesswork based on Rodgers quotes from earlier today.

However... 27 million (if true) is hard to ignore

So Barrett and the Times were originally claiming that Liverpool would sell Agger as long as a figure of £22m or above was offered.

Now they want to change their own story to it now being £27m or over because of Agger having contract negotiations despite Barrett and the Times earlier having said there was no contract on the table?

I suppose if the story gets changed enough times they will eventually have a version that ends up close to whatever happenes and they will claim they called it that way from the start.

Made a comment yesterday about Barrett and his articles/scoops.

Think what I said was that when I see a Barrett exclusive that contains direct quotes I tend to take notice as Tony only does that when he is very very sure of what he is putting out there. But when I see a Barrett "exclusive" with no quotes I tend not to be overly concerned as it is generally a fishing expedition to see if he can get a bite or lead to a story by using a rumour as bait.

I think I will put my neck out there and suggest that we will see a story or "exclusive" late this week or towards mid next week along the lines of Agger and the club met in the middle on a new deal or that the £27m price tag was to buy time to convince Agger to sign a new deal.

Just surprised that Bascombe has not weighed in much with a few of his gems yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Pleased if we get Allen, will add pace in the centre. Think downing will be a better player next year as he was unlucky last season and then the head went down. Still need a new wide player and striker.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

why did we wait so long to take Allen if all we are doing is activating his transfer clause?

Also why does Rodgers say we don't want to sell Agger and he doesn't want to leave but we'll see - if we do get a big offer Agger can just do what Carroll did and dig his heels in, don't be counting on that money.

Carroll situation looks bleak and I have a bad feeling we'll take a lowball embarrassing offer from ashley on deadline day.

Talksport say Man Utd may hijack the allen deal, at 15 million they can hijack away, sick of the British young player tax - i would much prefer Sahin on loan.

Tello would be a disasterous signing on loan, please stay well away - same goes for Andy Johnson.

I am disappointed that we don't seem to be linked with any players of the calibre necessary to deliver CL - at best we are standing still with current linkage.

I hope there are a few secret deals lined up that the media have no idea of a la Meireles but that is a hope more than an expectation.

-Ade- wrote: »
    Sorry, laptop is ragging on me otherwise I'd have answered earlier.

I've not heard anything about us being in for Alderweireld but in short, he isn't a patch on his countrymen Kompany nor Vertonghen and he isn't good enough to replace Agger IMO.

If we are looking at the Eredivisie, I'd like to go for Douglas from Twente instead. Someone whom Newcastle have been linked with a fair bit earlier this summer summer. The 3 names I'd like us to look at if Agger were to leave are are Mbiwa, Höwedes and Douglas, probably in that order too.

Personally I would add Sakho to your list and take out Howedes. I don't think Howedes will move outside of Germany if he leave Schalke.

A player who I think would be a good potential replacement, but that I think will not move outside of the country he is in, is Angelo Ogbonna. Mentioned him some time ago on here but I really do think he has the potential to be close to a complete centre back.

Pace, strength, passing ability, strong in the air, strong in the tackle, good positional play, and has that cynical touch that many great Italian defenders have. Left footed as well.

• Advertisement

donfers wrote: »
    why did we wait so long to take Allen if all we are doing is activating his transfer clause?

Also why does Rodgers say we don't want to sell Agger and he doesn't want to leave but we'll see - if we do get a big offer Agger can just do what Carroll did and dig his heels in, don't be counting on that money.

Carroll situation looks bleak and I have a bad feeling we'll take a lowball embarrassing offer from ashley on deadline day.

Talksport say Man Utd may hijack the allen deal, at 15 million they can hijack away, sick of the British young player tax - i would much prefer Sahin on loan.

Tello would be a disasterous signing on loan, please stay well away - same goes for Andy Johnson.

I am disappointed that we don't seem to be linked with any players of the calibre necessary to deliver CL - at best we are standing still with current linkage.

I hope there are a few secret deals lined up that the media have no idea of a la Meireles but that is a hope more than an expectation.

I'm with the guys who do not fancy Tello as a player. I think that whichever poster compared him to Walcott was being generous. Apart from pace I think he is nowhere near being the player Walcott was at 20 or 21.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Which is it? Either you wan players bought in and pay over the odds for them or you are happy to sit tight for a transfer window if other clubs set a price limit to high.

I can't believe you see those as the only options.

You could of course not get bent over and if someone tries to sell you Allen for 15m you tell them to **** off and you go find another player.

He's fairly good but that's a mental price for him.

One of the lads on the Anfield Wrap summed it up well for me - we seem to get tunnel vision with players some times. There's millions of the ****ers. If there's no value in the British market you don't just meekly accept it; you go elsewhere.

Think of it last summer - we signed Stuart Downing for £20m.
    He's not some type of niche player. He's not critical to a style of play. You don't say "well, you drive a hard bargain, but how else am I going to sign Stuart Downing if I don't meet your asking price?"
    You say "**** Stuart Downing, I'll get one of the millions of other players that do as good a job or a better job or are better value for money".

Now 15m for Allen isn't on the same scale of insanity but we seem like a club that'll just meet other teams valuations for players as if each player has unique talents that make them simply indespensible.

That's fine if it's true and you're signing Suarez. Allen, from what he's shown thus far, is not that kind of player.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Daniel Agger with YNWA Tattoo'd on his knuckles?
    agger-tattoo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Indeed, terrible smell of bullsh*t from the Times but tbh £27 Million for a centre back is nearing PSG type money, especially for a player who only played 2 full seasons while he was here and 1 of those he was dodgy enough. Fantastic as he is everybody was just awaiting his next injury for 3 whole seasons.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Perhaps Liverpool decided we can ride them for even more money?

Times
    Liverpool have rejected two bids from City for the Denmark international, the second valuing Agger at about £20 million. But they are prepared to do business if their asking price is met, with Rodgers hoping to use the proceeds from any sale to reinvest in his squad.

Liverpool have made it clear to Brian Marwood, City’s chief football administration officer, that they are seeking a fee of about £27 million for Agger. That valuation may appear unrealistic given the 27-year-old’s patchy fitness record, but Liverpool regard Agger as one of Europe’s best defenders and want a fee that reflects that status.

Rodgers claimed that Paris Saint- Germain’s recent signing of Thiago Silva has established the market rate for central defenders. “Silva has left AC Milan for PSG for £40 million,” he said. “He [Agger] is one of the leading players in European football, so it is going to be a big valuation. Every player has a price and top centre halves are at a premium.”

Asked if Liverpool had received offers from City, Rodgers said: “Yes, but nowhere near the valuation of what the player is worth. You can only consider something like that if it is going to benefit you.

“Of course, you might lose a top player but if it benefits you going forward, and you can make two or three steps because of it, you may have to consider it. But we don’t want to sell him, so unless someone comes in with a ridiculous offer that makes you look at it and think you can benefit in one or two other areas, there is no way I want to lose one of my best players.

“Daniel is a top player and any manager will tell you that they don’t want to lose their best players. But I suppose at every club, every player has a price.”

Despite the uncertainty surrounding him, Agger has been named in the Liverpool squad for tonight’s Europa League qualifier against Gomel at Anfield, with Rodgers confident that he will not be distracted either by City’s interest or his own club’s willingness to sacrifice the player.

“Daniel and I have had a number of conversations so he knows where I am at, he knows where the club are at and he doesn’t want to leave which is great,” Rodgers said. “In my first conversation with Daniel at the Euros he made that quite clear. He loves the club, loves the supporters, so that was music to my ears. But we’ll see.”

:( For a footballer to show such loyalty to a club is so unheard of in this day and age. We should be doing everything to keep guys like this around the club.

I don't care if it's £40m. If Agger doesn't want to go then **** City and their money.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

Sod the rumours of who is coming or going i will wait till the end of the transfer window all we have know is twitter and media crap

Daniel Agger with YNWA Tattoo'd on his knuckles?
    agger-tattoo.jpg

FFS. 12 inches out and he still can't put it in the net :pac:

I don't care if it's £40m. If Agger doesn't want to go then **** City and their money.

Opr

That's a bit extreme. At £20-£25 million, I'd agree with you.

amiable wrote: »
    Perhaps Liverpool decided we can ride them for even more money?

You had better have been standing on a street corner making that post on your phone. Because if you are not out there making money for me, the pimp cane is gonna go to work :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement