Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Leiva wrote: »

Strange one, he won goalie of the year when Swansea got promoted didn't he? Thought he'd push past Hennessy last season but has barely got a look in. 500k would even be too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,559 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

doc_17 wrote: »
    Wonder how the city fans would welcome Agger with that tattoo he has.

Have you never heard of Henna?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

murpho999 wrote: »

Are you saying he got a henna tattoo? :confused:

If he got YNWA on his knuckles, it could be his way of saying I'm not playing for any other English club. Doesn't mean he won't get sold to Spain or Italy, eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Agger looks the type for a bit of Henna alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭budgemook

I'm starting to come around to how Rodgers is dealing with this. It's kind of how other managers reacted when Liverpool tried to buy their players last summer. The result was Liverpool paying way over the odds. I hope he doesn't leave, especially now with the tattoo - just makes me love him more, but if he goes it will be for a huge amount of money and if Rodgers wants the 25 odd million instead of Agger it's hard to argue with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

budgemook wrote: »
    I'm starting to come around to how Rodgers is dealing with this. It's kind of how other managers reacted when Liverpool tried to buy their players last summer. The result was Liverpool paying way over the odds. I hope he doesn't leave, especially now with the tattoo - just makes me love him more, but if he goes it will be for a huge amount of money and if Rodgers wants the 25 odd million instead of Agger it's hard to argue with him.

I'd want a bit more than 25 mil, though, in fairness. And City can pay it.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

article-1355405-0D1C024B000005DC-818_634x937.jpg

Naaaaaaahh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Agger looks the type for a bit of Henna alright.

LOL Henna and a bit of incense, that's our Danny.

I'm sure the man is a certified tattoo artist. Him getting a henna tattoo would be akin to him signing for Everton or Utd.

Well I don't believe that they are permanent tatoos on his fingers and he is making a statement....no doubting the rest though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Kess vs opr in the sh1test arguement ever seen in the Liverpool thread. :pac:

just-bring-it_design.png

;)

• Advertisement

LOL Henna and a bit of incense, that's our Danny.

I'm sure the man is a certified tattoo artist. Him getting a henna tattoo would be akin to him signing for Everton or Utd.

You would be correct on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

tumblr_liuvgus8ii1qixleeo1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

slow news day so far.....bring on the controversy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Grayditch wrote: »
    article-1355405-0D1C024B000005DC-818_634x937.jpg

Naaaaaaahh.

What's wrong with his right arm? Some sort of skin condition?

gafferino wrote: »
    slow news day so far.....bring on the controversy

Match day today............bring on the goals. :)

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    What's wrong with his right arm? Some sort of skin condition?

Nothing wrong with his right arm. I have a sleeve and a half of ink on my arms. Is quite common. My left arm has a half sleeve and I have no skin condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭budgemook

Kess73 wrote: »
    Match day today............bring on the goals. :)

Bring on the tiki-taka

Bring on the system

Nothing wrong with his right arm. I have a sleeve and a half of ink on my arms. Is quite common. My left arm has a half sleeve and I have no skin condition.

Erm.... was joking?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

That's an old pic. He now has 2 sleeves doesn't he? Started on my second one yesterday :)

• Advertisement

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Erm.... was joking?

:o::o:o

Melion wrote: »
    That's an old pic. He now has 2 sleeves doesn't he? Started on my second one yesterday :)

He has started turning the right arm into a full sleeve alright, but up as far as early July there was a fair bit to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Any early mumurings on the team for tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

naughtb4 wrote: »

Here is a Rumoured Team: Reina, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Enrique, Gerrard, Lucas, Shelvey, Downing, Suarez, Borini

But I doubt that will be it. Cant see Suarez starting

naughtb4 wrote: »

Reina
    Johnson - Skrtel - Agger - Enrique
    ---Gerrard- - Lucas- - Shelvey----
    Downing--- - Borini
    Suarez

Is the rumoured starting XI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

ollie1 wrote: »
    Here is a Rumoured Team: Reina, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Enrique, Gerrard, Lucas, Shelvey, Downing, Suarez, Borini

If Agger does play it will be interesting to see how he leaves the pitch.

• Advertisement

If Agger does play it will be interesting to see how he leaves the pitch.

Longship on wheels. :D

ollie1 wrote: »

Would love that team, and would be happy to see it starting the first league game.

Shelvey is the one im most looking forward ot seeing to be honest

Suarez is a strange one, yes he is only back with the team, but he has been playing games for the last three weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

it seems Allen really is happening for £15m.

was this rumour that he's a United fan true?

i'd have to prepare myself for that one a bit :p

I'm just curious if Borini and Suarez both start, will Borini move into the left side wide forward spot based on comments that Rodgers made about putting Borini in that slot when Suarez is on the pitch.

On Borini (from interview by Rodgers with the Liverpool Echo)
    "We have to remember he is just coming back from the European Championships and, once we get Luis back, he will give us greater penetration from the left and improve the team."

Maybe nothing, but other media outlets have Spearing, Carragher, Carroll and Adam starting in place of Shelvey, Agger, Borini, and Gerrard.

Looks like no sign of Suso or Pacheco if their tweets are anything to go by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Agger out Godin in is today's goal.com space filler. Could do worse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

SlickRic wrote: »

Isn't Charlie Adam a United fan? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Longship on wheels. :D

Is that analogous to "stretchered off"?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Blatter wrote: »

He plays like it anyway.

On the Suso thing, I know it was only one of those dreaded rumour things, but it was said a few weeks back that he may have been told that he wouldn't get a look in at first team level unless he signed a new contract, which is plausible I guess, although rather smacks of biting off ones own nose, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Apparently he has 'Glory Glory Man United' tattoooed accross his fingers and toes.

now i dislike him more than I already did.

thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

now i dislike him more than I already did.

thank you :)

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/3pm/Liverpool-target-Charlie-Adam-outed-as-a-Manchester-United-fan-plus-daft-quotes-from-Paul-Merson-Darren-Gough-Alex-McLeish-Kevin-Keegan-Steve-Anglesey-s-3PM-column-article686207.html
    Last week's matchday programme for the visit of Manchester United contained an interview with Adam in which the midfielder proclaimed his love of Manchester United, stating he is "a regular visitor to Old Trafford when the Seasiders aren't in action".

It's all starting to make sense now :p

It's all starting to make sense now :p

giz that £10m you wanted for his corners, and you can make his dream come true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

from breaking news:
    Liverpool have made a £15m bid for Swansea midfielder Joe Allen. The fee triggers the release clause in the Wales international's contract.

The saga over Allen’s potential switch to join former Swans boss Brendan Rodgers at Anfield has rumbled on over recent weeks. It is understood the Welsh club rejected an initial offer of £12.5m last month.

if this is true this went on wayyyyyy to long when all that was achieved was triggering a release clause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

@ronanbwithane:
    A power balled about Sami Hyppiä by a Finnish rock band (in English)? Yes thats right. http://youtu.be/OVyimB21npE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

If it is 15 million for Allen then even though it is expensive it'l be good to sign a player that knows his job and his role in the team. We could pay a lot more for a more flashy midfielder but the chances of him adapting early(which with our first 5 fixtures is key) are much better with Allen.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    Agger out Godin in is today's goal.com space filler. Could do worse.

Fine player alright. Actually a hell of a lot better than just a fine player if truth be told. He would be an Agger level or close to it type player alright in terms of ability/defensive qualities. A lot more physical and faster than Agger (not that Agger is in anyway poor in those departments) but would say that he is almost as comfortbale on the ball as Agger.

Call me old fashioned for it, but I do prefer the left sided centre back to be left footed (As Agger is, and Sami was before him) for the sake of better balance against attacks coming down that side of the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Nice to see some rumblings of players coming in for once!

Have you ever heard of a fully qualified tattoo artist getting a henna tattoo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hopefully agger will get a helluva reception tonight from the fans so rodgers will know he'd be on bad terms with the fans if sold. Also Joe Cole is still injured, woo.

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Have you ever heard of a fully qualified tattoo artist getting a henna tattoo?

No but I don't think professional footballers who move all the time get club logos tatooed permanently on their fingers.

See any LFC tatoos on his back?

We do love our Uruguyans,

remember being linked with him before, think it is somewhat lazy journalism

No but I don't think professional footballers who move all the time get club logos tatooed permanently on their fingers.

See any LFC tatoos on his back?

Maybe it's a rub-on tattoo. After all, we are in the transfer window.

*gets coat*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Crafty feckers them at LFC.tv...

for £2.99 you can watch the match online...if only they showed it on the channel that's now free...sigh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Maybe it's a rub-on tattoo. After all, we are in the transfer window.

*gets coat*

1332304923407.gif
    get out !

• Advertisement

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1131178/liverpool-owner-john-w-henry-may-sell-anfield-naming-rights?cc=5739
    Liverpool's principal owner John W Henry says he is prepared to consider selling the naming rights to Anfield to raise funds.

Surely - surely - FSG aren't that stupid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement