Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

right I'm off to hook my laptop to the telly purely to carry out lots of legal viewing...looking forward to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

El Spearo wrote: »
    right I'm off to hook my laptop to the telly purely to carry out lots of legal viewing...looking forward to this.

Can you even reach the tv Jay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

djPSB wrote: »
    Can you even reach the tv Jay?

Kenny turned it on for me...he's babysitting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Rodgers just said he wants to keep Agger & he wants to stay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Rodgers: "(Agger) is very important to what I'm trying to do here."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

ESPN working so far??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

hefferboi wrote: »
    ESPN working so far??

Is for me.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

b075ac816953e7fca7f6b5022e0e9027.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

THE ANFIELD WRAP ‏@TheAnfieldWrap
    Joe Allen medical in the morning, we understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Posted this in match thread but likely to get lost in there.

What Yahoo live match report had to say about Allen.
    An interesting sight as Swansea midfielder Joe Allen is found in the stands watching the game with a cup of tea. Well it might be tea. We hear he's partial to a skinny late. Lots of speculation about an impending £10million move to Anfield to join his old boss. We'll keep you posted on developments over the next 24 hours.

I'd be delighted with him signing for 10m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Adam
    Allen
    Cole
    Gerrard
    Henderson
    Lucas
    Shelvey
    Spearing
    Suso

Seriously, some of these must go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

mike65 wrote: »
    Adam
    Allen
    Cole
    Gerrard
    Henderson
    Lucas
    Shelvey
    Spearing
    Suso

Adam and Cole out the door, Suso on loan.

Allen-Lucas-Gerrard as first choice
    Henderson-Spearing-Shelvey as cover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

with Allen coming in
    i can see Adam leaving or be used in a deal for Dempsey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Adam
    Allen
    Cole
    Gerrard
    Henderson
    Lucas
    Shelvey
    Spearing
    Suso

I think Spearing has maybe one more season, max, at the club. I'd keep him for next year as we can't have too many changes.

Actually, I think more or less that was said in the Opr's post featuring the two RAWK posters earlier.

Adam, although he did well last year before Lucas' injury, I don't see a long future at the club either.

Cole I'd rather just ignore tbh. Disappointed he's still at the club, but who's gonna take him?

Leaves us with Lucas, Gerrad, Allen, Shelvey, Henderson and Suso(if he stays).

We need that strength in depth tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Adam
    Allen
    Cole
    Gerrard
    Henderson
    Lucas
    Shelvey
    Spearing
    Suso

Those 3 can go, I'm choosing Adam over Cole due to the higher price I'm assuming Adam could command than Cole. Maybe I'm being soft, but I'd be willing to give Cole one more chance taking everything into account.

Those 3 can go, I'm choosing Adam over Cole due to the higher price I'm assuming Adam could command than Cole. Maybe I'm being soft, but I'd be willing to give Cole one more chance taking everything into account.

Why Henderson can I ask?

Although not worth the money we paid for him, I don't see a reason to move him on and get burnt by the transfer myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

You've gotta keep Spearing and Hendo imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

We've no DM if we get rid of Spearing. Allen can play but then we are taking him out of his best position, I'd rather Spearing on the pitch running after the ball when we don't have it than Adam on the pitch trying to pass it when we do have it.

We've no DM if we get rid of Lucas. Allen can play but then we are taking him out of his best position, I'd rather Spearing on the pitch running after the ball when we don't have it than Adam on the pitch trying to pass it when we do have it.

I'd rather neither Adam or Spearing on the pitch.

Both are shocking.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

100% record in competitive matches. Our year for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Espn commentator: Lucas and Spearing will be having a real battle as to see who starts in that position this season.

tumblr_m61w1mVBbe1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

No emotional goodbye from Agger tonight, like a new signing if he stays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Turtyturd wrote: »
    No emotional goodbye from Agger tonight, like a new signing if he stays.

If anyone at the club needing convincing of his worth in a system that plays out form the back he showed them tonight. He was class tonight.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

The HD absolutely wasn't worth it with that colossal gob****e commentating for ESPN - Setanta weren't much better mind you.

Grand stuff. Better than the U-4's standard we had last week.

Still a bit worried if that's our starting 11 (+Allen) - we need another wide attacker who can score. Another game, some more fitness, another new face in the team.

Every time Lucas moves at more than a canter "NO! DON'T! If you hurt yourself again I just wouldn't be able to take it":(

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Saw this on twitter and laughed "Joe Allen in the crowd at Anfield. Big FC Gomel fan, apparently."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Enjoyed that game, a tad more fitness to come in, who would you take out of the team to fill in new players? Jonjo for Allen, Downing for new winger? That's about it I think!

• Advertisement

Did Gerrard really just say, "Decision may be out of Agger's hands" in the post match interview?

Just saw it posted on Facebook but I'd be shocked if Gerrard said anything like that.

Edit: Apparently full quote was something along the lines of:
    If you ask me I want Daniel Agger to stay. I want all the good players to stay.
    Decision may be out of Agger's hands.

Enjoyed that game, a tad more fitness to come in, who would you take out of the team to fill in new players? Jonjo for Allen, Downing for new winger? That's about it I think!

Downing played well tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Yeah he said it. He also said that "the decision was ultimately up to the owners."

Ack, what does Gerrard know?

Kirby wrote: »
    Yeah he said it. He also said that "the decision was ultimately up to the owners."

Well that doesn't inspire me with confidence at all.

This will really show whether FSG will back Rodgers, who clearly wants to keep Agger, or if he was just hired to be their yes man.

Ack, what does Gerrard know?

Quite a lot I would imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Downing played well tonight.

I thought he looked lacking in confidence as usual at Anfield and I'm afraid I can't see a way back for him

he is not a strong enough character to get over the constant jibes about the size of the fee and the 0 goals and 0 assists thing

to be honest if we got anything above 8 million i'd take it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Dagger also threw his jersey into the crowd after the game, not a good sign IMO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

If I was I would be p*ssed off that the whole thing is being turned into a media sideshow. Club can't really afford to comment on Dave Whelan anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

Knex. wrote: »
    Well that doesn't inspire me with confidence at all.

This will really show whether FSG will back Rodgers, who clearly wants to keep Agger, or if he was just hired to be their yes man.

Yeah but if the owners go against Rodgers that doesn't necessarily make him a yes man does it?

Gerrard making it public he's getting sold against his wishes. I can't believe Stevie wouldn't know exactly what he was doing when making those comments.

Opr

• Advertisement

Dagger also threw his jersey into the crowd after the game, not a good sign IMO!

I heard he had 'goodbye' tattooed on his forehead.

by the way lads, my insider source is saying there may be something in the Allen deal - we have certainly registered our interest

CL7 wrote: »
    Yeah but if the owners go against Rodgers that doesn't necessarily make him a yes man does it?

It would signal to me that they deliberately avoided the likes of Capello, Benitez and LVG as they knew it would be a lot harder to enforce things such as this against their wishes.

If Rodgers tries to argue with them over the sale of Agger he barely has a leg to stand on imo.

They should be backing Rodgers with funds rather than forcing him to sell a player in the one area we are sorted in.

opr wrote: »
    Gerrard making it public he's getting sold against his wishes. I can't believe Stevie wouldn't know exactly what he was doing when making those comments.

Opr

Agreed. Last chance saloon of making the fans work up a shitstorm to stop FSG from selling.

Was pretty surprised when I saw the comments at first.

donfers wrote: »
    by the way lads, my insider source is saying there may be something in the Allen deal - we have certainly registered our interest

Well I never! He was in the crowd tonight, I reckon that's a heavy hint.

Did anyone see the interview? This is the other quote in which he seems to be having a pop at the owners? I can't understand why he would mention them specifically.

"It might not be in Daniel's hands. At the end of the day it's up to the owners."

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I have said it before and I will say it again. We have enough fluff players in midfield to sell and drum up the £20mil . FFS add Henderson to the list if needs be and sell him at a loss - just don't sell one of best players.

Well I never! He was in the crowd tonight, I reckon that's a heavy hint.

he was in the crowd because he is a boyhood Gomel fan

my inside information remains an exclusive!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Leiva wrote: »
    I have said it before and I will say it again. We have enough fluff players in midfield to sell and drum up the £20mil . FFS add Henderson to the list if needs be and sell him at a loss - just don't sell one of best players.

Living in some dreamland then. Not mention how thin our midfield would be. Hopefully Rodgers has a bit more sense.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement