Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Were they ***** for selling Torres? Was Rafa a **** for selling Xabi?

Torres and Xabi wanted to leave you fool (and in Xabi's case, Real Madrid are Real Madrid - who could argue?). Gerrard basically confirmed that the decision is being taken out of the player's hands.

Xabi didn't want to leave the summer before, and despite a dip in form and injuries, he was still one of our best players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Torres and Xabi wanted to leave you fool (and in Xabi's case, Real Madrid are Real Madrid - who could argue?). Gerrard basically confirmed that the decision is being taken out of the player's hands.
    the way Benitez treated Alonso the season before he left (wanting to sign Barry & sell Alonso to Juventus) was a factor in Alonso leaving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Buy football club. Read Soccernomics. Become an authority.

It's quite plain that Rodgers likes Agger and he won't be sold unless we get an offer that meets the club's valuation and Agger accepts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

dmigsy wrote: »
    Yep, some good points there - your third sentence makes no sense though. I'm not anti-Gerrard. My original post was a response to the idea that Gerrard is intentionally using the media to pressure the owners. I don't buy it. I simply don't think he's that smart.

I think that the depth of analysis that goes on in here is fairly ridiculous at times. Every sentence uttered by either players or manager is over-analysed. I think it's better to treat what was said at face value and wait for actual news.

He'd hardly have to be a genius to say what he said, it's called being cute. Gerrard has been around for years he knows how the media and fans work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

It's quite plain that Rodgers likes Agger and he won't be sold unless we get an offer that meets the club's valuation and Agger accepts

WATCH THE INTERVIEW WITH GERRARD

Put aside your beliefs and preconceptions. Watch our Captain confirm what us depressives have been fearing in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I absolutely agree with what you say about Gerrards statement but the decision is also being taken out of the managers hands which is most worrying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sept 1st cannot come quick enough, some people here are going to lose it entirely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Yep, some good points there - your third sentence makes no sense though. I'm not anti-Gerrard. My original post was a response to the idea that Gerrard is intentionally using the media to pressure the owners. I don't buy it. I simply don't think he's that smart.

It could have simply been a response borne out of frustration. As you mention below though, and I'd be inclined to agree (not specifically here, but on all LFC sites), statements can be taken out of context and completely over analysed. We don't know what his intention was in saying what he did, and its unlikely we'll find out
    I think that the depth of analysis that goes on in here is fairly ridiculous at times. Every sentence uttered by either players or manager is over-analysed. I think it's better to treat what was said at face value and wait for actual news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Lads, you are getting carried away. Go for a walk and then watch it again.

He isn't having a go at the owners, he just stated that a decision if a player is sold is down to the club. It's hardly a new idea.

I watched the interview live, there was no hidden subtext to his comments. He was asked a question, he answered the way most footballers do. Chill.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

i wonder will we bid for any of the gomel players, they impressed in the first game, maybe if we announced we signed a couple of them tomorrow then the fans would be calmed and reassured

Kirby wrote: »
    Lads, you are getting carried away. Go for a walk and then watch it again.

He isn't having a go at the owners, he just stated that a decision if a player is sold is down to the club. It's hardly a new idea.

I watched the interview live, there was no hidden subtext to his comments. He was asked a question, he answered the way most footballers do. Chill.

I watched it live as well and while his motive can be open to interpretation, he specifically mentioned the owners. Not the club, the owners. And thats what stands out.

Put aside your beliefs and preconceptions. Watch our Captain confirm what us depressives have been fearing in this thread.

Confirm. Lol.

stating it is up to the owners seems a pretty standard way to field those questions to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

So from the fans, to the players, to the manager no one can see sense nor wants to sell Agger except the owners. Which makes the decision purely a financial one and you can bet your balls the money won't be seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

What did he say? I can barely hear it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

As it should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭cantgetright

Think someone had babe station on prior to interview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

"It might be one of them situations where it's not in Daniels hands. It's up to the owners at the end of the day."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I had to throw the headphones in. The interview that El Spearo posted gets cut just as he is being asked about Agger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Adam and Cole out the door, Suso on loan.

Allen-Lucas-Gerrard as first choice
    Henderson-Spearing-Shelvey as cover

rather keep Shelvey as first choice... he'll catch up fast..gonna be a real player for the club.. gives the ball away a bit but he'll learn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,508 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

But Rogers says........

"There’s nothing new to add. You can see tonight he’s important to me and how I like to play,” Rodgers told reporters.

"I like to have a playmaker in behind and Daniel, this is his game, building from behind, stepping in with the ball and making passes. For me there’s no update because we don’t want to sell him.

"He’s a player who’s very important for me and will remain that way."

This is like the Third Secret of Fatima!

opr wrote: »
    If anyone at the club needing convincing of his worth in a system that plays out form the back he showed them tonight. He was class tonight.

Opr

aye class act... if all this system stuff is to be believed he should keep D'Agger// as he looks so comfortable in it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

mike65 wrote: »

No, it's real simple. Your side of the argument is trying to fudge and complicate the matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Had to google that to see what this third secret was. Bit of a let down to see it was some catholic fairytale. Was hoping it was some lost Sergio Leone film. :)

• Advertisement

I'm not complicating anything as I have not expressed a view - I have no need to as nothing has happened.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Had to google that to see what this third secret was. Bit of a let down to see it was some catholic fairytale. Was hoping it was some lost Sergio Leone film. :)

Picture-142.png

I think you're reading too much into it. Gerrard is no spin doctor; he can barely string a sentence together. I'd say it's just the plain truth.

hmmmmm comes across a bit more articulate than most footballers tbh...he's deffo no dunce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Picture-142.png

0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I'm not complicating anything as I have not expressed a view - I have no need to as nothing has happened.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Opr

• Advertisement

Is nige not a def mid?

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/908047-nigel-de-jong-must-quit-man-city-and-join-me-at-inter-says-wesley-sneijder

Should we be interested? If we were going to send Agger the other way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Not sure how much interest in this and i wouldnt post other than Kuyt just went there but seems Fenerbache are being pulled form the CL according to a few sensible tweeters. What for, not sure.

Poor Dirk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

mada999 wrote: »
    I think you're reading too much into it. Gerrard is no spin doctor; he can barely string a sentence together. I'd say it's just the plain truth.

hmmmmm comes across a bit more articulate than most footballers tbh...he's deffo no dunce

Ah, he is a bit of a dunce.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/10/joe-cole-messi-gerrard-liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Is nige not a def mid?

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/908047-nigel-de-jong-must-quit-man-city-and-join-me-at-inter-says-wesley-sneijder

Should we be interested? If we were going to send Agger the other way.

Fine player but probably looking for higher wages than we could / would offer.

Fine player but probably looking for higher wages than we could / would offer.

Is he a bit of a dunce?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Wouldn't mind also hearing Skrtel has put pen to a new contract. He's in the same contract situation as Agger but that seems to have been forgotten with attention the Agger saga is getting.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I watched it live as well and while his motive can be open to interpretation, he specifically mentioned the owners. Not the club, the owners. And thats what stands out.

And.............................

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,559 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Just wondering how people felt about tonight's performance.

Only one game and poor opposition, but I thought they gelled well together and the passing looked good.

Should only get better when Rodger's gets the players in that he wants and team adapt to his system.

Hopefully the professional pessimists feel just slightly better today.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭paulieeye

You're like a gaggle of teenage girls reading too much into a text message from a boy in school

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

But Rogers says........

"There’s nothing new to add. You can see tonight he’s important to me and how I like to play,” Rodgers told reporters.

"I like to have a playmaker in behind and Daniel, this is his game, building from behind, stepping in with the ball and making passes. For me there’s no update because we don’t want to sell him.

"He’s a player who’s very important for me and will remain that way."

Waits for LuckyLloyd to pounce.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Any videos of Rodgers after match interview? Enjoyed the game a lot, though im looking forward to some new signings to up our game a bit! Roll on West Brom!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

murpho999 wrote: »
    Just wondering how people felt about tonight's performance.

Only one game and poor opposition, but I thought they gelled well together and the passing looked good.

Should only get better when Rodger's gets the players in that he wants and team adapt to his system.

Hopefully the professional pessimists feel just slightly better today.

Really enjoyed the match. Very stylish football from LFC (albeit against a lower standard of team then we'll have to beat in the EPL). Good possession football and some nice moves, one twos, through balls, etc.

Nobody did particularly badly, lots of good performances and one or two very good ones (Suarez in particular).

Was good to see Allen watching on as well. Personally I'd prefer to see that kind of money spent on a striker but for now, in Rodgers we trust!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

Not going to get massively excited but I enjoyed that tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Just recalled reading this about Borini, sounds like he's a bit of a character/nutter future cult hero for sure.
    Ancelloti always smiled when he recalled the boy, explaining to la Gazzetta dello Sport how the 17-year-old ordered his teammates(in the Chelsea dressing room) to turn off the stereo that was pumping rap music, as it always did before every game. “I need silence to concentrate!”

:pac:

K-9 wrote: »
    And.............................

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Saw this on twitter and laughed "Joe Allen in the crowd at Anfield. Big FC Gomel fan, apparently."
    Maybe Joe Allen is just an fc gomel fan...

35uhn1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Saw this on twitter and laughed "Joe Allen in the crowd at Anfield. Big FC Gomel fan, apparently."
    Maybe Joe Allen is just an fc gomel fan...

35uhn1.jpg

Haha I didn't see that was in work all day and just got home to catch the 2nd half wasent gonna catch up on the thread as it would have taken ages so apolagies :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Haha I didn't see that was in work all day and just got home to catch the 2nd half wasent gonna catch up on the thread as it would have taken ages so apolagies :pac:

Haha i was only messing anyway :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I think that tonight proved that we need another Luis Suarez.

If he get injured for a significant period of time we are screwed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement