Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Paying £4 just to loan A. Johnson seems excessive, do we pay wages on top of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

Yes we do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Paying £4 just to loan A. Johnson seems excessive, do we pay wages on top of that?

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I'd be pissed of if I was a City fan paying £27 Million for a player with Aggers injury record, I'd say it's worth a bet on Agger being at Liverpool come September the 1st.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

K-9 wrote: »
    I'd be pissed of if I was a City fan paying £27 Million for a player with Aggers injury record, I'd say it's worth a bet on Agger being at Liverpool come September the 1st.

Or the fact he clearly has zero interest to go there whatsoever too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

I hope Marwood continues operating as Mancini has suggested he's been doing this summer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

gafferino wrote: »
    It's called twitter boll&x

Who you calling boll&x? You and me outside now! :pac:

You are right of course, serious amount of Twitter rubbish going about. We're always having this debate though. You just have to be selective in who and what you take seriously. I haven't seen anything believable regarding us doing a deal for that kinda money and AJ on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

You would want to getting a good option to buy deal on him, if the loan fee was going to be in that region

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

mike65 wrote: »
    "word going around.." :rolleyes: yeah right.

Translates as Sky Sources understand..

No it was in the evening standard

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Why not insist on a permanent deal for Johnson?

Am i the only person who doesn't want Adam Johnson here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

gaelicred wrote: »

Nope. If City think they can knock 4m of Agger's value just for Johnson on loan they can fuck right off.

TBH, from everything I've taken in over the last few days, I'm of the opinion that Agger is going nowhere. In fact, I've even stopped worrying about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Ape X wrote: »
    I hope Marwood continues operating as Mancini has suggested he's been doing this summer!

Have to wonder if it's a coincidence that Mancini's outburst about not signing players came 2 days after Liverpool turned down an improved offer for Agger.

Rodgers comes out and says he wants to keep Agger and that Agger wants to stay, but makes it clear that more money will get him.

Mancini responds by making it clear that the sporting director has tightened the purse strings, and the press is full of talk that City have FFP in mind.

Seems like it could all just be brinkmanship.

Lets hope that Agger stays

No it was in the evening standard

£18m + Johnson is what was talked about on Tuesday before most of the recent developments (namely an increased asking price and a £20m bid being reported, Rodgers saying he wants to keep him and Agger making it fairly clear that he wants to stay).

If you've a link to an article stating something different from the last 2 days, please post it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

on boards????:)

Sappy404 wrote: »
    £18m + Johnson is what was talked about on Tuesday before most of the recent developments (namely an increased asking price and a £20m bid being reported, Rodgers saying he wants to keep him and Agger making it fairly clear that he wants to stay).

If you've a link to an article stating something different from the last 2 days, please post it.
    I did on the last page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Adam Johnson plus 12m for Skrtel. 6m for Dempsey in last year of contract. I could live with that no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭budgemook

Helix wrote: »
    budgemook wrote: »
    Nope. No Sahin and it's a squad game. No need to get stupid and knock out tired old cliches.

You don't think that you claim was a touch silly no?
    Not really in England

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

daithijjj wrote: »

I like the sound of him deffo a Rodgers type Player

The questions are all the same, so tedious.
    Do you think Liverpool is amazing.
    Are you overawed about playing for Liverpool.
    Do you think Liverpool are amazing.
    How amazing is it that you are now a Liverpool player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

So nobody has Caroll in the first 11 with Borini signed, but we'll have a hissy fit over a second string striker leaving the club for £15 Million odd.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

So nobody has Caroll in the first 11 with Borini signed, but we'll have a hissy fit over a second string striker leaving the club for £15 Million odd.

I do.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Cant see why we would even think of selling him right now. Would leave us more exposed up front than we already are, unless a new striker is guaranteed.. Then I'll get over it fairly quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,967 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I really want to see Agger stay at the club, he is out best center back and one of the best in the premier league imo. Also I recently got him on my new jersey:P

I have a feeling he'll stay with Liverpool for a while longer anyway considering what he said about Fernando Torres and the fact that he just got a YNWA tattoo on his hand.

Also really excited to see how Joe Allen does at Liverpool.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/908110-liverpool-turn-to-diego-godin-as-cut-price-daniel-agger-replacement#ixzz23BQbgw90

Liverpool turn to Diego Godin as cut-price Daniel Agger replacement
    Liverpool have lined up a £10million deal for Atletico Madrid defender Diego Godín as a cut-price replacement for Daniel Agger, who is closing in on a move to Manchester City.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/908110-liverpool-turn-to-diego-godin-as-cut-price-daniel-agger-replacement#ixzz23DAImWwi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,288 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/908110-liverpool-turn-to-diego-godin-as-cut-price-daniel-agger-replacement#ixzz23BQbgw90

Liverpool turn to Diego Godin as cut-price Daniel Agger replacement
    Liverpool have lined up a £10million deal for Atletico Madrid defender Diego Godín as a cut-price replacement for Daniel Agger, who is closing in on a move to Manchester City.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/908110-liverpool-turn-to-diego-godin-as-cut-price-daniel-agger-replacement#ixzz23DAImWwi
    They pretty much just rehashed the same story which was on soccerway.com on Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

Orrr... we could keep andy and convert him to centre back????

It could never happen could it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,077 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

barone wrote: »
    Orrr... we could keep andy and convert him to centre back????

It could never happen could it

Chris Sutton and Dion Dublin... never say never!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Chris Sutton and Dion Dublin... never say never!

forgot bout them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

1 more first team signing/loan player and il be happy enough......and no more outs of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

gafferino wrote: »
    and no more outs of course.

Well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Except Cole I assume?

• Advertisement

I really just meant agger tbh.
    Cole, Adam, wee jay.....don't mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

If Cole, Carroll and Adam could be sold, surely that should leave something in the region of £25m with them going freeing up close to £200k/wk on the wage bill (assuming Cole's wages still need to be contributed towards).

That's money that could seriously improve the side to a far greater extent then the above three do

LiamoSail wrote: »
    If Cole, Carroll and Adam could be sold, surely that should leave something in the region of £25m with them going freeing up close to £200k/wk on the wage bill (assuming Cole's wages still need to be contributed towards).

That's money that could seriously improve the side to a far greater extent then the above three do

Agreed....I forgot about Carroll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Its seems Alex Song has agreed personal terms with Barca (I have no idea how they can do that) so if true I think Sahin will be signed or loaned by Arsenal.
    I reckon that's why it has stalled cause it looked a dead cert a few days ago, as they are just waiting to see how the Song goes *excuse the pun .

And please stop putting those jizz worthy formations up . It's bad enough in here and I am trying to prevent never seeing the boom-bust graph again and you guys ain't helping :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Who are the reserves playing over here? Bray and .......

• Advertisement

I'd only be bothered about Carroll leaving if we didn't replace him, or if we sold him to Newcastle. Well, for less than £35m anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Sappy404 wrote: »
    I'd only be bothered about Carroll leaving if we didn't replace him, or if we sold him to Newcastle. Well, for less than £35m anyway.

I'd take 34.5m

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    I'd take 34.5m

No dice. I want all £35m, up front. In cash. Mixed bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭slingerz

I reckon loan signings like Adam Johnson or even Adebayor could be possible. Would hope there'd be interest in Dzecko too once Coty get realistic bout his price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

The questions are all the same, so tedious.
    Do you think Liverpool is amazing.
    Are you overawed about playing for Liverpool.
    Do you think Liverpool are amazing.
    How amazing is it that you are now a Liverpool player.

Don't worry Andy. They won't be asking you those questions in the future. Pretty soon you will be back in geordie land drinking brown ale and watching repeats of Jossies Giants.....Lolz :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Next week is gonna be a busy week if we are to bring the squad up to scratch with new signings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Leiva wrote: »
    Next week is gonna be a busy week if we are to bring the squad up to scratch with new signings.
    `

Still think we will go for a CAM type player who can also in either of the wide forward roles.

Just thinking about who we have gone for this summer (that we know of) and the signing of Allen and the failure to get Sigurdsson sticks out like a sore thumb.

Allen is the type of player who excels when he has a mobile and versatile CAM ahead of him a la Sigurdsson. Sigurdsson excels when he has a deep playmaker type or a metronome type to act as a foil to him.

We got Allen and we tried for Sigurdsson so methinks Rodgers will still want that CAM to link with Allen and also to tie the attackers together.

If it is a CAM that can also play in the wide roles, specifically the right sided one, then Gerrard and the possible new CAM would share the CAM and right sided roles between them with Downing slotting into the right sided role when either Gerrard or the new CAM are out.

Borini, for me, will be filling the left sided slot and the central (of the front three attacking slots). He can drift and interchange, but anyone who has seen the guy play will know that he won't be starting in the right sided attacking slot as he is not so effective coming from that side if he is in a fixed position on the right.

Suarez can play in any of the attacking positions but unless he goes right and Borini takes the centre slot, then I don't see a CAM, for whom his best secondary position is the left sided slot, coming in.

What further strengthens my own belief that we are looking at a CAM, is that Rodgers is big into his attacking front four, a very mobile front three with a CAM tucked behind them, and in the last week or two he has spoken of his front four a lot. I think Downing is part of his plans for a front four, but maybe a back up plan, but the one player he has not mentioned once in any of his interviews, whilst taking about having a front four, is Carroll. He has mentioned Carroll in other parts of interviews but never in relation to the front four set up.

Gerrard, Suarez, Borini, and Downing have all been namechecked in his front four talks. Sterling was mentioned. And Rodgers has at least twice spoken of the importance of an attacking midfielder behind his front three after he had already namechecked Borini, Suarez, and Gerrard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Arsenal look like they'll be title contenders this year. Serious squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Kess73 wrote: »
    Leiva wrote: »
    `

Still think we will go for a CAM type player who can also in either of the wide forward roles.

Just thinking about who we have gone for this summer (that we know of) and the signing of Allen and the failure to get Sigurdsson sticks out like a sore thumb.

Allen is the type of player who excels when he has a mobile and versatile CAM ahead of him a la Sigurdsson. Sigurdsson excels when he has a deep playmaker type or a metronome type to act as a foil to him.

We got Allen and we tried for Sigurdsson so methinks Rodgers will still want that CAM to link with Allen and also to tie the attackers together.

If it is a CAM that can also play in the wide roles, specifically the right sided one, then Gerrard and the possible new CAM would share the CAM and right sided roles between them with Downing slotting into the right sided role when either Gerrard or the new CAM are out.

Borini, for me, will be filling the left sided slot and the central (of the front three attacking slots). He can drift and interchange, but anyone who has seen the guy play will know that he won't be starting in the right sided attacking slot as he is not so effective coming from that side if he is in a fixed position on the right.

Suarez can play in any of the attacking positions but unless he goes right and Borini takes the centre slot, then I don't see a CAM, for whom his best secondary position is the left sided slot, coming in.

What further strengthens my own belief that we are looking at a CAM, is that Rodgers is big into his attacking front four, a very mobile front three with a CAM tucked behind them, and in the last week or two he has spoken of his front four a lot. I think Downing is part of his plans for a front four, but maybe a back up plan, but the one player he has not mentioned once in any of his interviews, whilst taking about having a front four, is Carroll. He has mentioned Carroll in other parts of interviews but never in relation to the front four set up.

Gerrard, Suarez, Borini, and Downing have all been namechecked in his front four talks. Sterling was mentioned. And Rodgers has at least twice spoken of the importance of an attacking midfielder behind his front three after he had already namechecked Borini, Suarez, and Gerrard.

Carroll's problem is his movement. He doesn't play on the shoulder of the last man enough. Suarez was excellent at that the other night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

As mentioned before Dempsey would fit what appears to be the system so I can see a last week effort to get him with someone like Adam going the other way.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement