Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

opr wrote: »
    :pac:

tumblr_m8j596nMMO1qawzzgo1_500.jpg

Opr

#dafuq

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Player who in theory would seem perfect who I haven't seen linked with us at all is Georginio Wijnaldum. Can play across a number of the front positions but seems to favour the right hand side or the CAM position which is exactly what we need. Dynamic, direct, pacy, skillful, gets plenty of goals, would be available quite cheaply with modest enough wages. Of course the only club I've seen remotely linked to him is Newcastle :(

Funny enough I was asking someone about him the other day and they said Rafa tried to buy him as a youth. Did a google and reports suggest we had an interest in him during the summer Rafa left.

Opr

I am actually currently watching RKC v PSV. Close eye on Wijnaldum and Mertens ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Knex. wrote: »
    I am actually currently watching RKC v PSV. Close eye on Wijnaldum and Mertens ;)

Keep an eye on Strootman if he is playing.

Actually one to watch for is Depay if he gets some game time. Only 18 but looks a real talent there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

What channel is that on? If you're watching via another route could you send us a pm please.

Opr

Kess73 wrote: »
    Keep an eye on Strootman if he is playing.

Actually one to watch for is Depay if he gets some game time. Only 18 but looks a real talent there.

Both are playing. Depay has looked lively on a few occasions. Didn't realise he was only 18 though!

Edit: Looks like I may have mixed Depay up with someone else :o

I'll have to get back to you on that :D

Yup, Depay is on the bench.
    What channel is that on? If you're watching via another route could you send us a pm please.

Opr

PM sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

:pac:

tumblr_m8j596nMMO1qawzzgo1_500.jpg

Opr

That's is almost as bad as this photo of Suarez last year.

Scarf7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

#dafuq

It's a more sartorial version if Kenny bringing Carroll to Westlife.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    That's is almost as bad as this photo of Suarez last year]

Ah here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Leiva wrote: »
    Wow this crystal ball really works :p
    allen1_(12).jpg

should have wore some Paddy Power boxers for the craic :pac:

Does Henderson fit into Rodgers plans I wonder?

I'm assuming with the signing of Allen he gets knocked down the pecking order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

MD1990 wrote: »
    i really hope we get Clint Dempsey

I dont really see how he can make us a better team, think we should go for a proper pacy winger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

rarnes1 wrote: »

he spoke highly of Henderson a few weeks ago
    we are in the Europa League most likely
    so there will be plenty of games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Crystal ball my ass.

Same dude will be in all of our club medical pics :p

288067-fabio-borini.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

can we stop with the shirtless medical photos and the bromance of allen and rodgers...

like im the most comfortable man with my straightness and all...but there are other fans looking at this thread wonderin what in the name of god is going on :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

The thing about Henderson is that he does have versatility and he is a team player. Everyone says he is a great pro in his attitude and i believe Rodgers has said in the past that he noticed Henderson coming through before he got into Sunderland's first team.

'I look at the young kid Jordan Henderson who got a wee bit of stick last year but do you know what, this is a boy who was 21 years of age,' Rodgers told the Liverpool Echo.

I thought when I first saw him at Sunderland that this kid is going to be a really good player. He's coming to a massive club and massive expectation. He moves away from home, he is on his own and he has to be a world beater straight away. It was never going to happen.

'This kid can play football. If he is in a certain system - in an environment which is going to help him and educate him in the game - you will see that.
    'The biggest thing for me that I've heard about Jordan is his attitude. He has got an incredible attitude.

'If you have got a player like that who has got the ability and the thirst to learn - he can run all day, he is physically good, he is strong, he is quick - and you can remodel him.'

Personally i think Henderson has a lot more to give and will get better as he settles in.

daithijjj wrote: »

The thing about Henderson is that he does have versatility and he is a team player. Everyone says he is a great pro in his attitude and i believe Rodgers has said in the past that he noticed Henderson coming through before he got into Sunderland's first team.

'I look at the young kid Jordan Henderson who got a wee bit of stick last year but do you know what, this is a boy who was 21 years of age,' Rodgers told the Liverpool Echo.

I thought when I first saw him at Sunderland that this kid is going to be a really good player. He's coming to a massive club and massive expectation. He moves away from home, he is on his own and he has to be a world beater straight away. It was never going to happen.

'This kid can play football. If he is in a certain system - in an environment which is going to help him and educate him in the game - you will see that.
    'The biggest thing for me that I've heard about Jordan is his attitude. He has got an incredible attitude.

'If you have got a player like that who has got the ability and the thirst to learn - he can run all day, he is physically good, he is strong, he is quick - and you can remodel him.'

Personally i think Henderson has a lot more to give and will get better as he settles in.

Encouraging words those from Rodgers.

I agree with your last sentence.

Looks like we paid £16.7m for Allen, according to transfermarket.com.

Just an indication as to how correct this site usually is:

Henderson
    Downing
    Adam

I'm hoping that the Allen price is an initial mistake that will drop in the next day or two...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Looks like we paid £16.7m for Allen, according to transfermarket.com.

Just an indication as to how correct this site usually is:

Henderson
    Downing
    Adam

I'm hoping that the Allen price is an initial mistake that will drop in the next day or two...

Haven't looked at that site, but remember they used to be pretty wrong about loads of deals. Why would we pay more than the clause in his contract?!

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Haven't looked at that site, but remember they used to be pretty wrong about loads of deals. Why would we pay more than the clause in his contract?!

Hopefully.

No idea, maybe it takes into account all the added fees such as agents etc. Are we certain that he actually had a release clause?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The more I think about it, the more I think the Joe Allen deal sucks balls. Retarded work in the transfer market two seasons running. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,508 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

________Reina__________

Johnson_Skrtel_Agger_Enricky

_________Lucas__________
    ___Henderson__Allen________

Gerrard___Suarez___Borini__

Who needs width,,,,,,,,,,,,,

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    The more I think about it, the more I think the Joe Allen deal sucks balls. Retarded work in the transfer market two seasons running. :mad:

I genuinely think he'll surprise you this season, and by this time next year you'll be very glad we signed him.

We paid alot for suarez too,
    I think in this case we have a manager who knows Allen better than anyone else,
    Dalglish did not have first hand experience of players he signed,
    If he did i don't see how he would have paid so much,
    But then again they were bought on whats stats suggested they would achieve,,,,,,,,,,,

But then again they were bought on whats stats suggested they would achieve,,,,,,,,,,,

And he was clearly a superior player to Joe Allen (relative to his position) when we did?

I don't care that Rodgers knows him, etc. We paid way too much just because he is British. It's ****ing retarded stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Yep those stats are a killer. On paper we looked awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Two areas stood out the other night against Gomel as weak areas on the pitch. One was Downing. The other was Shelvey who was obviously being asked to play a new role so is learning on the job. I also think going forward the advanced mid will be more his role anyway.

At worst Allen is a really functional transfer which addresses this weakness. We got someone who can cover for Lucas if the need arises and someone who can act as the link man between Lucas and Gerrard. It's clearly a gaping hole in the team as Shelvey/Henderson are obviously going to have to learn the role under Rodgers.

We need someone who is up to speed and can do that job now to a good standard. Individual players within a system which works don't have to be superstars for the team to perform to really high level but just be a cog in the wheel that works.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

If we play good stuff and perform well this season, allens fee can be forgiven, if we've another season like last season he'll be hounded, we'll just have to wait and see!

Rogers had 3 definite targets and maybe a 4th, dempsey is/was the 3rd target but tis gone very cold. Least there's more to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Hope it happens soon. I rather get the deals done early and give the players time to know each other on the pitch.

Hit the ground running.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Look into your crystal ball there and give me the lotto numbers for next week will ya?

He could be great. He could be Henderson. Let's wait and see before judging the deal.

yeah im all for having opinions on transfers and everything, but one thing really pisses me off... prejudging players...

i remember being excited about jovanovich...( was on the J1...anything excited me)
    i remember wanting Suarez for years, and getting him while living with 6 Ajax fans over in Holland..

I generally get excited by most signings...because its change...and while I've learned not to go mental happy over every signing now, Joe Allen is far from a signing I'm worried about.

cheer up llyod ya big negative nancy.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Just get over it, Christ almighty it's gone beyond embarrassing now.

Just please explain how replacing Kuyt and Max with Borini and Allen is "retarded". Because you're the only one who thinks so, unless you have an emotional attachment to Aurelio I just can't understand what your issue is.

Rogers had 3 definite targets and maybe a 4th, dempsey is/was the 3rd target but tis gone very cold.

I think Dempsey would be a nice little signing at the right price.

Dempsey22.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

We paid way too much just because he is British. It's ****ing retarded stuff.

I'd say about £5m too much at most. I wouldn't be too worried about that type of overspend when the player looks like a perfect fit for the team and what the manager wants to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

Originally posted by Zak Flaps

Dempsey22.jpg
    Originally posted by Zak Flaps
    That's is almost as bad as this photo of Suarez last year.

Scarf7.jpg

Think your in the wrong thread..... :pac:

Dempsey22.jpg

seriously ?? :P

Oh please God, Jesus ,Mary, the 3 wise men, let this be true....

http://www.liverpoolfcnews.net/west-ham-prepare-6m-bid-for-joe-cole/link/99548/

Lloyd will find a way to give out about it and include it in "retarded business"

be like a new signing...

scaled.php?server=10&filename=cole170820052.jpg&res=landing

Melion wrote: »
    Just get over it, Christ almighty it's gone beyond embarrassing now.

Just please explain how replacing Kuyt and Max with Borini and Allen is "retarded". Because you're the only one who thinks so, unless you have an emotional attachment to Aurelio I just can't understand what your issue is.

Paying £15m for Joe Allen is retarded. That's what I'm saying, and I'm right too.

alessandra_ambrosio_hot_girl_lingerie.jpg

Need to restore order, To many topless men of late,

• Advertisement

dmigsy wrote: »
    Look into your crystal ball there and give me the lotto numbers for next week will ya?

He could be great. He could be Henderson. Let's wait and see before judging the deal.
    Results based thinking. You can absolutely assess the money paid for Allen relative to what talented young players move around Europe for. £15m is simply too much. The price paid should relate to A) what the player has done (i.e. how good he is now) and B) the reasonable range of development that can be expected over the course of his career with Liverpool.

Liverpool have overpaid. It is a bad deal. It will still have been a bad deal if he is named PFA player of the year at the end of next season.

If the fee announced today was £8m and he ended up being Jordan Henderson mark II, then you could argue that it had still been a good deal.

And no, it doesn't matter that the majority of the media and football fans think like your post above. People aren't very bright.

Paying £15m for Joe Allen is retarded. That's what I'm saying, and I'm right too.

Who would you have preferred that has worked under the manager before? Who knows how the team will play?

You're not right, no matter how much you tell yourself you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

To much homoerotic lark in this thread at the moment. Its time to strike a balance.

[IMG]http://[/img]http://medias.omgif.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/rihanna_boobs.gif

What would he have to do to justify the money in your eyes? Pip Messi and Ronaldo to the ballon dor?

Who would you have preferred that has worked under the manager before? Who knows how the team will play?

You're not right, no matter how much you tell yourself you are.
    What would he have to do to justify the money in your eyes? Pip Messi and Ronaldo to the ballon dor?

NO BRITISH PLAYERS

As I've said all summer. Should have signed Sigurrdsson, and gone outside Britain for Lucas's partner.

NO BRITISH PLAYERS

As I've said all summer. Should have signed Sigurrdsson, and gone outside Britain for Lucas's partner.

And what has Sigurdsson done that Joe Allen hasn't?

The no British players thing just doesn't make sense. Wouldn't fancy Rooney playing up front? Joe Hart to replace Pepe who you no longer rate ?

And what has Sigurdsson done that Joe Allen hasn't?

Not cost £15m?

Not cost £15m?

Cost 10/12m and 30k more a week in wages. He'd have ended up costing more over the course of his contract

NO BRITISH PLAYERS

No British players is as ridiculous as saying only British players...

no crap players yes, no over priced players grand..

your posts are insane man! beyond opinionated! think something really snapped with you over this :P

• Advertisement

Joe Allen played 100 league games for Swansea
    Gets 6 goals

So i take it we did not buy for his golden touch in front of goal

SO much easier for a player like Allen to fit into our side,
    He's not Andy Carroll, Not sure how you look at it,
    but we so needed a central midfield player who can break it up
    and play it about,
    All about willingness to do it, Which he has, So yes fee was high,
    But if it comes with years of service and he progresses next season he will
    justify fee eventually,