Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Jaysus the droolers, window lickers and wum's must all be on day release.

Unsubscribes.

LMFAO - coming from a mod on AH!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

john47832 wrote: »
    LMFAO - coming from a mod on AH!!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

mike65 wrote: »
    Lucky LLoyd what is your ideal starting position for LFC as the new season starts?

Manager, players, strategy,
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I'm not sure what you mean by this?

What it says, rather than you railing against things as they are, what would your LFC club be like. I want to know if you have a solid vision rather than just a gripe with the current manager, players being bought/sold etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Des wrote: »
    SM01 wrote: »
    Perhaps I could direct you to some Green Spot, Red Breast or a Midleton Very Rare? There's a 'No British Whiskeys' joke in there somewhere...

The only Irish Whiskey worth considering is Turf Mór tbh.

I disagree quite vehemently, especially with the three i've just mentioned but that's for another thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

yes you are correct Damo, Lucas wasnt great, has improved slightly but then couldnt get any worse on previous seasons - a lot of people have bought into "Lucas Love" hoping he becomes better - I have had enough of him myself - sell him and buy a creative midfielder

How embarrassing. I mean to hold this opinion you have to have either not watched any Liverpool games in about two years or have no understanding of football whatsoever. And this is coming from someone who was convinced Lucas was useless, worst player ever etc. a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Melion wrote: »
    I find his opinion on Rodgers pathetic.
    I find his opinion on our squad being weaker than last season baffling.

Is his opinion on Rodgers not just that he very unproven & in his opinion we've made a poor appointment? That he's not deserving of blind faith & some of the frankly incredible hyperbole that's been directed at him?

I fail to see why anyone would have an issue with that opinion? :confused:

Re: our squad being weaker. That's absolutely undeniable where we stand at the minute IMO.

Bellamy, Kuyt, Maxi & most likely Carroll out.
    Borini, Allen, Cole in.

NO BRITISH PLAYERS

Yes more Poulsens please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Have we just done full circle ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Perhaps I could direct you to some Green Spot, Red Breast or a Midleton Very Rare? There's a 'No British Whiskeys' joke in there somewhere...

A great whisky beats a great whiskey almost everytime for me.

Although I must admit that rule can go out the window when the whiskey is from Tennessee ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

What it says, rather than you railing against things as they are, what would your LFC club be like. I want to know if you have a solid vision rather than just a gripe with the current manager, players being bought/sold etc.

I have expressed what I would have done differently the whole time. Pretending that isn't the case is disingenuous to say the least. Where do you have to roll back? We've been doing things I haven't agreed with since 2009.

Milkers wrote: »
    . And this is coming from someone who was convinced Lucas was useless, worst player ever etc. a couple of years ago.

Couple of years ago? Check 2 pages back pal.

team has struggled, players have struggled, no creativity - to me this requires change, and I would start with most effective position on the park "midfield"

imo he's not up to Pool standard. 2 years ago, 2 pages back and I'd expect all this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Des wrote: »

The only Irish Whiskey worth considering is Turf Mór tbh.

I disagree quite vehemently, especially with the three i've just mentioned but that's for another thread

Ye might aswell keep going, nothing much going on here anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

opr wrote: »

Ahh Sami. Further proof, not that it was really needed, that 1973 really did spawn the best of the best.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Is his opinion on Rodgers not just that he very unproven & in his opinion we've made a poor appointment? That he's not deserving of blind faith & some of the frankly incredible hyperbole that's been directed at him?

Re: our squad being weaker. That's absolutely undeniable where we stand at the minute IMO.

Borini, Allen, Cole in.

I don't agree with his opinion about Rodgers, I strongly disagree that it has been a poor appointment.

Bellamy, Kuyt, Maxi out
    Borini, Allen in. Shelvey, Robinson, Flanagan with another season under their belt, Sterling to take Maxis place on the bench, Lucas fit again. Our squad is much stronger, that is undeniable my friend. Anyone who thinks otherwise is obviously blinkered beyond belief

team has struggled, players have struggled, no creativity - to me this requires change, and I would start with most effective position on the park "midfield"

imo he's not up to Pool standard. 2 years ago, 2 pages back and I'd expect all this season

Ah this explains a lot. Having failed at basic reading comprehension I can see how watching football on the telly must be a struggle for you. Pal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Borini, Allen, Cole in.

You can't count Carroll among the outs but not his potential replacement.

As I said in a previous post - those 3 between them contributed only 44 (or so) starts in the league last season and (I think) 12 goals.
    I'd expect Borini alone to get that with less starts.

It's not undeniable. We are lower in numbers, sure. But our first XI is as strong or stronger.

I have expressed what I would have done differently the whole time. Pretending that isn't the case is disingenuous to say the least. Where do you have to roll back? We've been doing things I haven't agreed with since 2009.

So its all gone wrong since 2009 okay. Not really much of an answer. Want Rafa back? Want Alonso back? Want Masch back? Want Torres back?.

If that's your ideal then you are so far from LFC as it is I'm not sure why you are still here. Unless you just like giving out. That Liverpool is gone, its not coming back.

Milkers wrote: »
    Ah this explains a lot. Having failed at basic reading comprehension I can see how watching football on the telly must be a struggle for you. Pal.

Excellent and effective use of words, and all without the posting of any cartoons. One of our brighter patrons - respect!!

Excellent and effective use of words, and all without the posting of any cartoons. One of our brighter patrons - respect!!

So far I'm shíte and not bright .

C'mon we want a hattrick .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

koppy wrote: »
    yep 2009 was his time to go.

Worst post I've seen on Boards.

Until...

yes you are correct Damo, Lucas wasnt great, has improved slightly but then couldnt get any worse on previous seasons - a lot of people have bought into "Lucas Love" hoping he becomes better - I have had enough of him myself - sell him and buy a creative midfielder

I don't know whats going on:confused:

So its all gone wrong since 2009 okay. Not really much of an answer. Want Rafa back? Want Alonso back? Want Masch back? Want Torres back?.

If that's your ideal then you are so far from LFC as it is I'm not sure why you are still here. Unless you just like giving out. That Liverpool is gone, its not coming back.

We have compounded mistakes with mistakes, and have continued to do it this summer. Your attitude appears to be that all of that is okay?

We have compounded mistakes with mistakes, and have continued to do it this summer. Your attitude appears to be that all of that is okay?

What mistakes have been made this summer? Sacking a manager who wasn't good enough in the league? Letting 4 players go who were all past their best? Signing 2 young players who instantly improve our starting 11? Getting an exciting young manager?

Our 2 biggest mistakes in recent memory were sacking Rafa and letting Kenny buy BRITISH PLAYERS. Yet for some reason Lloyd doesn't seem to have an issue with Kenny doing that, the blame is firmly at the feet of the players.

Maybe I'm an optimist and you are not. Would I prefer to still have the listed players above? Of Course I would (Rafa still being here I'm less sold on) I'd love things to be different in so many ways - new stadium esp. But we are where we are to use a horrid cliche, I think that Rodgers is good enough to learn at a big club with a stupidly impatient and expectant fan base and until he shows me otherwise I'll back him.

What mistakes have been made this summer? Sacking a manager who wasn't good enough in the league? Letting 4 players go who were all past their best? Signing 2 young players who instantly improve our starting 11? Getting an exciting young manager?

Did you read the article a few pages back on what Van Gaal had to say about his Interview with LFC.

We should have bent to everyone one of his demands .

But no we bent to the demands of a manager with one year of top flight football and a style of play that is somehow gonna turn us into Barca MKII

If he does I will be the first to hold my hands up but as someone mentioned yesterday everything seems to be reliant on everything Rodgers touching turning to gold .

That's a crazy risk to take when the club is at such a mammoth cross roads.

It was (IMO) time to go with a safe pair of hands, and my God you couldn't have gotten better than Van Gaal.

Why is Rodgers "exciting"? I'd be far more excited if Benitez or LVG were at the helm.

Past their best is one thing, but Bellamy and Kuyt still produced for us, and the former in particular is a big loss. You lose those two and you bring in Borrinni means that we have work to do with our attacking rotation, and that a huge improvement in that area will not have been effected by September 01.

Leiva wrote: »
    So far I'm shíte and not bright .

C'mon we want a hattrick .

Ok then - a little self centered given that that post had nothing to do with you

Why is Rodgers "exciting"? I'd be far more excited if Benitez or LVG were at the helm.

Past their best is one thing, but Bellamy and Kuyt still produced for us, and the former in particular is a big loss. You lose those two and you bring in Borrinni means that we have work to do with our attacking rotation, and that a huge improvement in that area will not have been effected by September 01.

Borini, Sterling and Shelvey IMO is a vast improvement on a waning Kuyt, Maxi and Bellamy

• Advertisement

Did you read the article a few pages back on what Van Gaal had to say about his Interview with LFC.

We should have bent to everyone one of his demands .

But no we bent to the demands of a manager with one year of top flight football and a style of play that is somehow gonna turn us into Barca MKII

If he does I will be the first to hold my hands up but as someone mentioned yesterday everything seems to be reliant on everything Rodgers touching turning to gold .

That's a crazy risk to take when the club is at such a mammoth cross roads.

It was (IMO) time to go with a safe pair of hands, and my God you couldn't have gotten better than Van Gaal.

Safe pair of hands, steady the ship etc. Isn't that what Kenny was meant to do?

Safe pair of hands, steady the ship etc. Isn't that what Kenny was meant to do?

And my God what a great job he done !

. Want Rafa back? Want Alonso back? Want Masch back? Want Torres back?.

Actually the replacements are where the problem is mike - Roy Hodgson, Lucas Leiva, Jay Spearing - all miles behind the above mentioned

Granted Suarez is a successful replacement for Torres

What the ****ing Jesus is this ****?!
    I don't agree with his opinion about Rodgers, I strongly disagree that it has been a poor appointment.

That's fine. But you're both allowed hold different opinions.

The only thing we know know for sure is that Rodgers is hugely inexperienced.

Maybe it'll work out, but insinuating someone who thinks it won't is daft or is embarrassing etc is stupid in the extreme
    Melion wrote:
    Bellamy, Kuyt, Maxi out
    Borini, Allen in. Shelvey, Robinson, Flanagan with another season under their belt, Sterling to take Maxis place on the bench, Lucas fit again. Our squad is much stronger, that is undeniable my friend. Anyone who thinks otherwise is obviously blinkered beyond belief

Shelvey, Robinson, Sterling, Flannagan....Lucas?!

You're clutching at straws, we're talking about transfer activity & with the exception of Lucas & Shelvey, the others listed will play minuscule parts this season.

Our squad is weaker now for me. Maybe it won't be in a couple of weeks, but at the moment it is.
    As I said in a previous post - those 3 between them contributed only 44 (or so) starts in the league last season and (I think) 12 goals.
    I'd expect Borini alone to get that with less starts.

He's never come near that before, no pressure on the lad!
    It's not undeniable. We are lower in numbers, sure. But our first XI is as strong or stronger.

I'd tend to agree on first 11 & say we're pretty equal. But me & Melion were talking about the squad.

And my God what a great job he done !

Really? Mid table mediocrity is ok with you?

Al, I wasn't talking about transfers. I'm saying our squad is stronger right now than it was in May. That includes our young players having more experience.

• Advertisement

No.

But sacking the manager everytime you fail to meet your goals is ****ing retarded. Add in it being first full season, missing your 3 best players for a good portion & winning a cup with another final and its even more retarded. Can people not get this into their heads?!?!? The answer to every problem is not to sack the manager!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

Saying Rodgers is inexperienced and a gamble is indeed a fact. Is that the same as saying he's a "no-mark" or "used car salesman"?

Al, I wasn't talking about transfers. I'm saying our squad is stronger right now than it was in May. That includes our young players having more experience.

Honestly mate, the role that the likes of Sterling have this season is gonna be minuscule. You think it's any sort of replacing for Kuyt/Bellamy & you're living in dream world I'm afraid!

Honestly mate, the role that the likes of Sterling have this season is gonna be minuscule. You think it's any sort of replacing for Kuyt/Bellamy & you're living in dream world I'm afraid!

Shelvey and Borini will play more games this season than Kuyt and Bellamy did last year. Sterling will take Maxis place on the bench as backup.

You have to look beyond the league table .
    Kenny took over at a very tender time in the club.
    A time that I reckon most senior players and staff could see no direction or goals.

Kenny brought everyone back together and gave back belief.

(eg)If we had gone with say Rodgers after Woy then I am confident we would have players like Agger (and others) looking to get out not clinging to stay on.

Kenny should not have been sacked, but bolting himself to Comolli brought him down along with the other items Mr Alan mentions up there ^^

• Advertisement

You have to look beyond the league table .
    Kenny took over at a very tender time in the club.
    A time that I reckon most senior players and staff could see no direction or goals.

Kenny brought everyone back together and gave back belief.

(eg)If we had gone with say Rodgers after Woy then I am confident we would have players like Agger (and others) looking to get out not clinging to stay on.

Kenny should not have been sacked, but bolting himself to Comolli brought him down along with the other items Mr Alan mentions up there ^^

Senior players like Torres and Meireles? Oh wait.
    Senior players like Stevie who cant stay fit?
    Carra who the majority don't want around the squad?

Yes he should have been sacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Shelvey and Borini will play more games this season than Kuyt and Bellamy did last year. Sterling will take Maxis place on the bench as backup.
    he wasn't even on the bench thursday though even though Cole was injured
    i think he might be sent on loan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Borini, Sterling and Shelvey IMO is a vast improvement on a waning Kuyt, Maxi and Bellamy

That appears to be a pretty factual statement that you are making there. What facts are you basing it on? They have barely made appearances for the club yet?

MD1990 wrote: »
    he wasn't even on the bench thursday though even though Cole was injured
    i think he might be sent on loan

Shelvey who've we've apparently offered around on loan in a couple of deals?

Sterling who couldn't make the bench for our Europa League game the other night is gonna play a pretty big part? Maybe we're resting him for our tough opening fixtures! :D

Senior players like Torres and Meireles? Oh wait.
    Senior players like Stevie who cant stay fit?
    Carra who the majority don't want around the squad?

Yes he should have been sacked.

Honestly and I am probably gonna get flamed for this but I reckon Torres was sold and didn't want to go .

Everything I see and read about Agger this window suggests the owners are trying to do similar.

Torres has said there is more to it than meets the eye and I think time will tell.

Oh and that finger by Meireles was bizarre and probably aimed and someone who he knew was cashing in on him aswell.

Sterling who couldn't make the bench for our Europa League game the other night is gonna play a pretty big part? Maybe we're resting him for our tough opening fixtures! :D

Apparently, rumours, sky sources blah blah blah.
    Did I say Sterling was going to play a big part? I said he will probably take Maxis place as backup.

Apparently, rumours, sky sources blah blah blah.
    Did I say Sterling was going to play a big part? I said he will probably take Maxis place as backup.

Maxi - 2011/2012
    21 appearances.
    17 starts.
    6 goals.
    4 assists.

And bear in mind, people thought he was underused. That's a big ****ing part to play for a teenager who has never really played at the top level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Shelvey will be a big part of our squad this season. I think it's clear he's jumped above Adam in the pecking order so will get plenty of games. Should be a regular in Europe imo.

It's hard to know what will happen with Sterling. I'd imagine he'll be a regular/semi-regular on the bench for league matches and will get minutes here and there, and he will get games in the cups.

Maxi - 2011/2012
    21 appearances.
    17 starts.
    6 goals.
    4 assists.

And bear in mind, people thought he was underused. That's a big ****ing part to play for a teenager who has never really played at the top level.

League stats instead please? 10 or 11 appearances?

Shelvey will be a big part of our squad this season. I think it's clear he's jumped above Adam in the pecking order so will get plenty of games. Should be a regular in Europe imo.

It's hard to know what will happen with Sterling. I'd imagine he'll be a regular/semi-regular on the bench for league matches and will get minutes here and there, and he will get games in the cups.

Exactly the same as Maxi

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement