Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

From Twitter

@LFCTS: City won't meet #LFC's £27m valuation for Agger Tony Barrett writes on The Times.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

Rogers ' Lucas is prolific from 7 yards with no goal keeper'

Swansea blocked Allen from playing??????
    Dont worry we will beat WBA at the weekend Allen to score his first of many for us

Swansea blocked Allen from playing??????

Yeah the deal would not be ratified until Monday. Liverpool asked Swansea for permission to play Allen. It was refused. I guess Mr Jenkins won't be sending BR a Christmas card this year

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,285 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

From Twitter

Good.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Good.

We can all rely on twitter:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

Delighted for Dirk. It's only right that he's a hero wherever he plays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,072 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

gaelicred wrote: »

More-so Tony Barrett than 'twitter'.

gaelicred wrote: »
    ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Good.

If its from Tony Barrett it's pretty much reliable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Hope its not true but 17.25 for Ramirez on the cards tmro. Several saying it independent of each other. I thought he was a bit sh1te at the 'limpics'.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

daithijjj wrote: »
    Hope its not true but 17.25 for Ramirez on the cards tmro. Several saying it independent of each other. I thought he was a bit sh1te at the 'limpics'.

So was Allen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Cavani and Suarez looked a bit ****e at the Olympics as well though, so would not pay too much heed to how players looked during it.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Bray Header

Could you provide a link to these transfer lists you speak of?

http://www.thepfa.com/transferlist/listedplayers/sortbyfirstname/-1/-1/1/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Possibly tired after the season?

Seen him more than just the 'limpics', for that price it would be robbery imho. Just mentioned that because i thought he would go for less after it, and those performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Seen him more than just the 'limpics', for that price it would be robbery imho. Just mentioned that because i thought he would go for less after it, and those performances.

Robbery for who?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Could you provide a link to these transfer lists you speak of?

http://www.thepfa.com/transferlist/listedplayers/sortbyfirstname/-1/-1/1/

2 players in total are transfer listed then?

was the price you heard in euro or pound though, as if it was typed as 17.25m it could be either. If it was in Euro then that converts to £13.5m which would not be OTT for him tbh.

Kess73 wrote: »
    was the price you heard in euro or pound though, as if it was typed as 17.25m it could be either.

22m Euro, 85k. Hope its bolloc*s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

RAWK reckon its all hogwash, from "worlds worst ITK" (and that's pretty bad)

gafferino wrote: »
    Robbery for who?

LFC

• Advertisement

google Gaston Ramierz and this 40 page thread from RAWK came up.
    Found out yesterday that the entire Gaston Ramirez rumour is just that, we've never been interested. All coming from his agent apparently.

That was from a month ago.
    It really has been dragging out all summer, that rumour.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Bray Header

Currently, yes, not very common for big clubs to transfer list a big name due to bonus exposure etc, If a player is listed then club are liable.. some interesting out of contract names there too, Emile Heskey included

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Currently, yes, not very common for big clubs to transfer list a big name due to bonus exposure etc, If a player is listed then club are liable.. some interesting out of contract names there too, Emile Heskey included

In reality I think the transfer list is just a notion, and really only exists on football management sims

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

I thought people would be excited my Ramierez

22m Euro, 85k. Hope its bolloc*s.

85k a week sounds like rubbish tbh as it would more than triple his current wages if you mean €85k and quadruple it if you mean £85k.

Would have to have a look around for it, but I am pretty sure that the president of Bologna was on tv stating that the price for Ramirez was 15.5m or 15.9m (cannot remember if he was talking € or £) at the start of the summer when questioned about interest from Liverpool, Spurs, and Arsenal and that interested clubs should not waste his time with lower bids.

mike65 wrote: »
    RAWK reckon its all hogwash, from "worlds worst ITK" (and that's pretty bad)

I dont follow any of those pleb ITK accounts, got it off this chap, he has been ok up to now but maybe had a few vodka's tonight.

Artur Petrosyan ‏@arturpetrosyan
    Meanwhile #LFC are signing Gaston Ramirez from Bologna tomorrow. For £18m. On £85K per week.

Kess73 wrote: »
    85k a week sounds like rubbish tbh as it would more than triple his current wages if you mean €85k and quadruple it if you mean £85k.

Would have to have a look around for it, but I am pretty sure that the president of Bologna was on tv stating that the price for Ramirez was 15.5m or 15.9m (cannot remember if he was talking € or £) at the start of the summer when questioned about interest from Liverpool, Spurs, and Arsenal and that interested clubs should not waste his time with lower bids.

Yea, but we can pay more if we want to like...

latest ive found was £18 mill... pile of brown sources though.

El Spearo wrote: »
    latest ive found was £18 mill... pile of brown sources though.

Let's start our own news agency called Brown Sources.
    In?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

We aren't spending that kind of money unless a hole is burning in our pocket from other business so I hope it's not true.

Opr

• Advertisement

opr wrote: »
    We aren't spending that kind of money unless a hole is burning in our pocket from other business so I hope it's not true.

Opr

You don't want him at all or at that price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I'm not that pushed on him but others who have seen far more of him seem to rate him so would be happy to see him here next year but no way at those fee/wages. Certainly no way if Agger is being sold to fuel the deal.

Might live with it if someone else is being sacrificed ;)

Opr

opr wrote: »
    I'm not that pushed on him but others who have seen far more of him seem to rate him so would be happy to see him here next year but no way at those fee/wages. Certainly no way if Agger is being sold to fuel the deal.

Might live with it if someone else is being sacrificed ;)

Opr

Yea....
    Louise probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

My Uruguayan mate who is a bg football fan doesn't think that highly of him which has put me off him a bit.
    Sahin in
    Dempsey in
    Agger for chairman

I'd be happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Not at that price certainly. Wouldn't really feel like a slam dunk at £10m though either...

Let's start our own news agency called Brown Sources.
    In?

Absolutely...
    Joe Cole included as part of Gaston Ramirez deal. The £18mill is a combination of £10mill + Joe Cole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

id rather Dempsey in than Ramirez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,072 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I'm in two minds with Gaston. On the one hand, he is exciting. If he joined he'd be our most exciting player after Suarez. But with that excitement comes frustration. He'll do a trick when he didn't need to, lose possession, and have everyone pulling their hair out, but then could beat 2 and pop it into the top corner.

I think he's the kind of player who's at his best when he's under pressure, working off instinct. He plays some great incisive balls, with a lot of them coming when he's surrounded, likely see's a flash of red and blue out of the corner of his eye and slips it through.

I think within our much-talked-about system, if Rodgers could get him to do the right things at the right times, he could be a great addition to a fluid front four. The "if" there is easier said than done though. At 12m or under, i'd be happy. At 18m, it's a big gamble.

Again though, we're seeing personal experience with a player come into play in our transfer policy. If we're interested, I have to assume Suarez has very much given his tuppance worth on the matter, as it's those two who would be doing a lot of the interlinking if he comes (along with Borini and Gerrard of course).

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »
    id rather Dempsey in than Ramirez

Bit of a different prospect with 8 years in age difference though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Don't want rameriez well overrated. Would get dempsey and have as cover think downing will do better this year as not enough players in the box last year so little to aim at. This year we seemed to have improved on this hope Allen can get forward like shelvey has so far. Seem to be getting 4 in the box when attacking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Bit of a different prospect with 8 years in age difference though?
    i think Dempsey would be a great signing
    he would still have 3-4 good years left imo
    Ramirez is good too but i would prefer Dempsey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I don't know anything about Ramirez but I'd still take him over Dempsey due him being 21 compared Dempsey who is 29.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Disagree. We need someone to put the ball in the net this season, not two years from not with a higher resale value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Disagree. We need someone to put the ball in the net this season, not two years from not with a higher resale value.

Waste of money going for Dempsey then if we're looking for goals. He won't even be first choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Dempsey would be a great buy. A proven goalscorer. Be v handy at Anfield where Liverpool have struggled in their home games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

I think some people don't give Dempsey enough credit with regard to just how much he has improved his all round game over the last couple of years. He's a very accomplished player now at the absolute peak of his powers.

I think he'd fit in very nicely on the left or as cover for Gerrard, provide an added goal threat and would be an extremely good value signing if we could get him for under £10m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

I don't know anything about Ramirez but I'd still take him over Dempsey due him being 21 compared Dempsey who is 29.

According to the Brown Sources News Agency, Dempsey in reality is only 22. He pretended he was 29 as a joke.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

As I said before, I personally prefer us to go for players who can contribute in the medium to long term, Dempsey is no doubt, a short term buy for me. Two years we'll get out of him at best IMHO.

On that note, some interesting news coming out of the US. Make of it what you will I suppose, but Dempsey has been omitted from the US squad to face Mexico this Wednesday. Whether that has anything to do with us being back in for him, who knows. Couple of other players have also been omitted as well it must be noted.

As for the Ramírez stories, I'm taking it with a bit more than a pinch of salt for the sheer fact of the wages quoted. Funny enough I've been following the guy (Pretosyan) for a couple of weeks now and have spoken to him about a defender actually, seems a decent guy but still... I'd be ****ing gutted if we dropped the ball with Sigurdsson (I really believe we have regardless of wages as for reasons I outlined in the past on here or on Twitter), if we get Ramírez for x amount and namely, we pay him anything around 80K per a week. If those wages are true, I'd love to know what Sigurdsson is earning at Spurs. I know it's been mentioned a fair bit Spurs have their own wage cap.

Sigurdsson was probably always going to Spurs even if we offered the same wages I reckon.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement