Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Put that brush away Des, as if one or two Liverpool fans mentioning it means all of us.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Des wrote: »
    One of the hottest prospects in Spain is leaving a non-CL club, presumably to further his career, and Liverpool fans actually think there's a chance he'd sign for them?

Seriously?

You couldn't make this shít up

Yes, that's exactly what all Liverpool fans believe. Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Put that brush away Des, as if one or two Liverpool fans mentioning it means all of us.
    5starpool wrote: »

Lads it was a joke ...tongue in cheek stuff .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Did I type "all"? Slow clap to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Didn't type some either.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Anyone who read's or contributes in this thread knows 90% of the poster's on here are fully aware of who LFC can and cannot approach as possible signings.

Thanks for your snotty arrogance all the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,559 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I thought we're only going for Llorente if the Messi deal falls through?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Kess73 wrote: »
    I turned 39 yesterday, so now you can feel young again.:)

SGPy2.jpg

:D

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Didn't type some either.:rolleyes:

Must do better Des, 3/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Leiva wrote: »
    It was a fücking joke !

Mr Grumpy jocks get over yourself .

tumblr_llzsjcyJ7g1qcwsd8o1_500.gif

• Advertisement

Slightly off topic....looking at the opening fixtures - why do Chelsea play this sunday and then Reading on Wednesday when no one else plays? Something to do with the world club cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

If Sahin is going to Arsenal, who is leaving? They have already signed three attackers, Gervinho will probably feature more, so with only RVP likely to go - are they expecting Walcott to go also? I guess Rosicky is winding down...

Dickerty wrote: »
    If Sahin is going to Arsenal, who is leaving? They have already signed three attackers, Gervinho will probably feature more, so with only RVP likely to go - are they expecting Walcott to go also? I guess Rosicky is winding down...

Arshavin has been linked with a move away I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Fúck that Llorente stuff........

BREAKING NEWS:
    Xabi Alonso has rejected a new contract at Real.........

I just did a little sex wee at the thought of a return

gafferino wrote: »
    Slightly off topic....looking at the opening fixtures - why do Chelsea play this sunday and then Reading on Wednesday when no one else plays? Something to do with the world club cup?

Not sure, but European Super Cup would be my guess rather than World Club Champs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Dickerty wrote: »
    Sure Walcotts coming to us after we wrap up the Llorente deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Des probably doesnt get the "our year" joke either.

Not sure, but European Super Cup would be my guess rather than World Club Champs.

ah yes that makes a lot more sense. World club cup is around Dec/Jan.

flanzer wrote: »
    Fúck that Llorente stuff........

BREAKING NEWS:

Don't get too excited, Des will be in now to tell you we can't sign him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I would cry if Alonso came back, tears of man joy....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

LFC actually consult Des before enquiring about any possible transfers. #keepingusinourplace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

LFC actually consult Des before enquiring about any possible transfers. #keepingusinourplace

Where would we all be without Des to keep us honest.

Damien Edward Sabastian Comolli

:eek:

It's all coming together now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Where would we all be without Des to keep us honest.

In the champions league spots.

Though seriously having alonso back would be great but it won't happen since we just spunked €15 mil on Allen.

Llorente would be fantastic and there are not many reasons why he wouldn't come to us (look at newcastle). We just have to make the right pitch to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

Is in the final year of his contract as well.

Fits the bill for me, sign him up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

That Alonso story, any source other than the Daily Fail for that? Seems to come from a Barca daily paper...

If they are getting Modric, in theory they can afford to lose a CM, but I can't see him leaving them this year...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

gafferino wrote: »
    I get your point of view at times, even though I don't agree, and I know you believe in your arguments which I'm all for but damn man you need to calm down a bit.

I'll calm down when the club starts winning loads of football matches again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Quiet in here, something is brewing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

So next season we'll go with

Llorente
    Messi
    Suarez
    ---Sahin---Alonso
    Lucas

and then the usual in defence.

Hmmmmm i guess that could work....

• Advertisement

Nice turn and shot yesterday big fella .

Getting some of that lead out of the ass I see.

Keep it up and I will have a quiet word with the boss not to ship you out .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

flanzer wrote: »

BREAKING NEWS:

Careful, they'll put us all in the mad house.

danniemcq wrote: »

Llorente
    Messi
    Suarez
    ---Sahin---Alonso
    Lucas

Severe lack of Downing in there, I'd have him in over Messi...premiership proven and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Severe lack of Downing in there, I'd have him in over Messi...premiership proven and all that.

Joe Cole is better than Messi too, Gerrard said so right?

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Joe Cole is better than Messi too, Gerrard said so right?

You're right, just give him a run out in the cup games then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I'll calm down when the club starts winning loads of football matches again.

Well if we beat West Brom at the weekend, we will have matched the best winning streak in competitive games from last season. Hows that for winning loads of matches.

Our longest run of wins last season came with wins on the 20th, 24th, and 27nd August in games against Arsenal, Exeter and Bolton.

A win over West Brom sees us back to those heady heights. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

danniemcq wrote: »

Llorente
    Messi
    Suarez
    ---Sahin---Alonso
    Lucas

Nah, sure Joe Cole would only keep Messi out of the team anyway. Messi is a great option from the bench tho I suppose...

edit:haha you gotta be quick around these parts, just noticed^^^^oh well I'm not deleting my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Lucas yesterday...

I didn't see the match but the above is great to see. His passing looked superb. I still think we should be careful about having too high expectations for him next season. He's yet to put in a full season where I would class him as World Class, as a top player in his position, but he looks to have all the attributes to do so this season if he can stay fit.

Fingers crossed, because he will dominate matches if he does. And that will show on the points tally at the end of the season, so definitely a reason to be optimistic.

For those who watched the match -

How did Carroll play other than the goal?

How was Sterling's overall play and do you think he showed he can be good enough to play games in the Carling Cup/Europa League, or be an impact option from the bench?

Coates looked a bit poor for the goal, how did he do overall?

Was Gerrard playing at the front of the midfield 3? How did he look positionally/tactically? Did he look comfortable and play well?

Did Enrique look a bit sharper than at the start of pre-season? (His pass to Sterling was nice)

Any other performances to comment on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Open the window after you're done

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Rory smith on TIMES WebChat: Liverpool want £27m or £24m and Johnson for Agger. Man City ready to pay £20m or £17m and Johnson

amiable wrote: »
    Rory smith on TIMES WebChat: Liverpool want £27m or £24m and Johnson for Agger. Man City ready to pay £20m or £17m and Johnson

Ain't Johnson on big money ?

I can see City biting come closer to deadline .

Our valuation is tempting and kinda has me on the fence but I would love to know if every penny went back out on purchases to be happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Great to see that whatever happens we're not going to be taken for a ride here if true.

To be honest as much as I love Agger, £24m and Johnson would be pretty difficult to turn down.

Even what City are currently willing to pay is not at all shabby.

Don't get me wrong here I still want Agger to stay, but at least if he goes it looks like we're going to be fairly compensated

Leiva wrote: »
    Ain't Johnson on big money ?

I can see City biting come closer to deadline .

Our valuation is tempting and kinda has me on the fence but I would love to know if every penny went back out on purchases to be happy.

Both clubs are playing the waiting game to see who will flinch IMO

Rory Smith also believes that Charlie Adam is likely to leave before the window closes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Morzadec wrote: »
    Great to see that whatever happens we're not going to be taken for a ride here if true.

To be honest as much as I love Agger, £24m and Johnson would be pretty difficult to turn down.

Even what City are currently willing to pay is not at all shabby.

Don't get me wrong here I still want Agger to stay, but at least if he goes it looks like we're going to be fairly compensated

That is alleged to be Johnson on loan, not Johnson being signed by Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Morzadec wrote: »
    For those who watched the match -

How did Carroll play other than the goal?

Worked Hard and did well defensively - on one or two occasions he was late arriving into the box i.e. Sterling was ahead by a good bit, overall thought he caused problems and did well.

How was Sterling's overall play and do you think he showed he can be good enough to play games in the Carling Cup/Europa League, or be an impact option from the bench?

He'll be a good sub and would be a pain to mark for the last 20mins of a game given his pace - his finish showed he isn't just all about speed, he has an eye for goal too. Easily good enough and his tracking back was note worthy also - though himself and Robinson looked very good on that flank yesterday.

Coates looked a bit poor for the goal, how did he do overall?

No real complaints from me here - thought his passing was good and made a few good tackles - solid performance.

Was Gerrard playing at the front of the midfield 3? How did he look positionally/tactically? Did he look comfortable and play well?

Thinking back I can't say much from what I saw of Gerrard, was focusing moreso on the fringe players - his passing was very good as per usual but maybe somebody can elaborate further on his performance.

Did Enrique look a bit sharper than at the start of pre-season? (His pass to Sterling was nice)

His last two performances he's been alot better - he was half asleep during the Roma game, he's made some good interceptions and gotten forwards lately without being as wasteful as we know he can be - seems to be playing smarter football atm

Any other performances to comment on?

Was really impressed with Robinson at LB, thought he looked incredibly comfortable on the ball, was good defensively but he didn't backup Sterling that much I thought - could do with getting forward more.

Himself & Mclaughlan on the flanks in another year or two could be very positive for us

Answers in the quote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Do you think Agger would accept à move to Man City?

Effectively a £3million loan fee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

We should rape City on that transfer if it goes ahead, 24m+Johnson+Adebayor. Johnson+Adebayor on Aquillani type deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

Rory Smith also believes that Charlie Adam is likely to leave before the window closes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCI4ZHrJSVo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Anyone wrote: »
    We should rape City on that transfer if it goes ahead, 24m+Johnson+Adebayor. Johnson+Adebayor on Aquillani type deals.

Ade has completed his deal to Spurs I think. Maybe we could get them to throw in Dzeko as well!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement