Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Bowlardo wrote: »
    what channel is the liverpool match on tonight?

Espn and lfc.com if you're a subsciber

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Dirk Kuyt making his debut for Fenerbache on Espn now.....he is doing his usual closing down and running after everything.

Looking forward to Liverpool playing tonight...finally i can get my LFC fix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

That front 6 looks very well balanced and potent imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

meh it may look well balanced but there is still only 3 players in it that are definetly top 4 standard and 2 of those are have some injury concerns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

redzerdrog wrote: »
    meh it may look well balanced but there is still only 3 players in it that are definetly top 4 standard and 2 of those are have some injury concerns

Exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

It's going to be difficult to attract definite top 4 standard players.

redzerdrog wrote: »

True, but dempseys haul last season was impressive now i know theres no guarentee he would do that for us even if he did sign but thats a top 4 team player return imo!
    Borini an unknown quantity, will be interesting to see what he does..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Is kick off at 9pm or coverage? Likely there will be a stream about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

Good clip of Allen there, looks a tidy player. Would be a good addition. TBH though, I wonder would you be better off signing a striker with an eye for goal and blistering pace. I still don't see any blistering pace in the side. I'd be happier if we didn't go for Allen, put some faith into developing Henderson for that role, and went for Sturridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

It's going to be difficult to attract definite top 4 standard players.

Exactly we need to build a functional team to get the best out of the top 4 players we have which I think is the most pragmatic way of going about at least having a crack at the top 4 this season. I'd like to think Rodgers will have a surprise up his sleeve in terms of one more signing but I think if we did get Allen and Dempsey that could spell the end of us in the transfer market this summer.

I will say if that does turn out to be the case you have to wonder again what the hell our scouting team are doing at the club. Both Borini/Allen will have been direct Rodgers signings and Dempsey more or less the same.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Is kick off at 9pm or coverage? Likely there will be a stream about?
    ESPN coverage starts at 9pm so must kick off straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭emrys

I think if Juventus are genuinely interested in Suarez the lure of CL football will be to much to withstand. It's also an opportunity to get out of a country where he's widely despised by almost everyone bar Pool fans.

It'll all depend on Juventus and their willingness to stump up the cash to sign him.

If he does leave Liverpool they will be in a world of trouble because he's the only top class player with a bit of flair and genuine quality in attack.

i dont think he will be going anywhere. Lets presume we decide to sell and want to make a 5 mill profit (sell for 30mil) that is 38.5 million euro at today's exchange rate - his current salary is the equivalent of 4 million euro per year (60k sterling) so lets say juve offer 5 mill per annum over 5 years that's a 65 mill investment!

They are in for van persie who will cost at least 20 mill euro + 6-7 mill p.a contract. No way they can afford both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

-Ade- wrote: »

What would we do without Mostar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Leiva wrote: »
    What would we do without Mostar
    Realise that players are not as good as a 3-4 minute montage in an odd game seems to suggest they are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

-Ade- wrote: »

Tough ask to play in that side obviously, but I wouldn't be overly enthused by the touches there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I didn't see that much of Allen last season, but on last night's performance I think he could definitely stand in for Lucas as a DM if needed (he would certainly be massively better than Spearing in every aspect of that position) and would obviously also provide creativity from CM.

If he could be got for 10m that could be very good business

Realise that players are not as good as a 3-4 minute montage in an odd game seems to suggest they are?

^bizarre^^

Never suggested nor would I use YouTube to rate a player .
    I just missed last nights game (bar the highlights) and its nice to see a vid with all the touches from the player and only reason I would have watched it in the first place, and Mostar done that- that is all.

This is the starting lineup supposedly

Jones

Wisdom---Sama
    Carra
    Enrique

Spearing

Adam
    Aquilani

----Ibe
    Ecclestone
    Pacheco--

Very interested in watching now.

aquamaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So Aqua man gets more game time before he goes somewhere else...:mad:

Oh - where's Sterling?! :mad: :mad: :p

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Lucas not playing at all it seems :(

Liverpool: Jones, Enrique, Sama, Carragher, Wisdom, Spearing, Aquilani, Adam, Ibe, Eccleston, Pacheco.

Second-half team: Gulacsi, Flanagan, Skrtel, Wilson, Robinson, Adorjan, Shelvey, Suso, Cole, Sterling, Morgan.

Subs: Lucas, Smith, Ward, McLaughlin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

5starpool wrote: »
    Lucas not playing at all it seems :(

Liverpool: Jones, Enrique, Sama, Carragher, Wisdom, Spearing, Aquilani, Adam, Ibe, Eccleston, Pacheco.

Second-half team: Gulacsi, Flanagan, Skrtel, Wilson, Robinson, Adorjan, Shelvey, Suso, Cole, Sterling, Morgan.

Subs: Lucas, Smith, Ward, McLaughlin.
    No Agger?

I like the way Liverpool played in the 2nd half more already.

1st team confirmed

Yea where's Agger ?

Was wondering how the rest of the Euro players got a break but he was with the squad in the U.S ??

Yea where's Agger ?

Was wondering how the rest of the Euro players got a break but he was with the squad in the U.S ??

Agger went home earlier, likewise why reina is still on holidays as he was there till the final.

Yea where's Agger ?

Think he was our only player eliminated at group stage so holiday finished earlier

Looking forward to this even more now. Those teams are eh mental I think is the word I'm looking for. The second one is incredibly attacking.

Opr

the wiz i heard has his wig on while watching tv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Looking forward to seeing this Ibe lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Suso back already and a full half of Aquaman... Not bad.. Not bad at all.

Any guesses to how that second team might line-up?

Gulacsi

Flanagan----Skrtel----Wilson----Robinson

Adorjan----Shelvey

----Suso
    Cole
    Sterling

Morgan

Adorjan has almost always played in the hole at youth level but always wondered what he would be like as a CM. Has an excellent footballing brain and reads the play very well. I suppose Cole could also end up in CM.

Edit - Actually more likely Adorjan in the hole with Suso deeper and Cole out wide maybe.

Opr

opr wrote: »

Gulacsi

Adorjan----Shelvey

----Suso
    Cole
    Sterling

Morgan

Adorjan has almost always played in the hole at youth level but always wondered what he would be like as a CM. Has an excellent footballing brain and reads the play very well. I suppose Cole could also end up in CM.

Opr

I would say Suso CM and Adorjan AM

That was my thought too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Gulacsi

Adorjan----Shelvey

----Suso
    Cole
    Sterling

Morgan

Edit - Actually more likely Adorjan in the hole with Suso deeper and Cole out wide maybe.

Opr

Swap Shelvey and Suso?

Yeah was looking at it again and that's far more likely to happen. Anyone know if these Toronto boys are any good? While the centre looks to have loads of creativity it also looks very soft.

Opr

Yeah was looking at it again and that's far more likely to happen. Anyone know if these Toronto boys are any good? While the centre looks to have loads of creativity it also looks very soft.

Opr

Mate of mine lives in Toronto and says they are brutal

Opr

They suck. Bottom of the Eastern conference.

• Advertisement

Torsten frings plays for em!

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    They suck. Bottom of the Eastern conference.

Come on admit it, you're a little bit excited by those line-ups :P

Opr

ESPN says since Mariner took over they have lost only two games. This is a test!

Come on admit it, you're a little bit excited by those line-ups :P

Opr

Well, I'm watching it and I don't do pre season friendlies as a general rule. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Here we go then. Looking forward to seeing Aquilani doing his thing tonight. Pacheco will be interesting too.

My son has just gone mad, seen a fan wearing a Man U kit at the game.

No ESPN, this won't be 4-4-2.

• Advertisement

LOL graphics people - we won't be playing 4 - 4 - 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Here we go again, Premier League will be upon us in no time. Hopefully a couple of the younger lads give Rodgers a surprise extra option come the new season, particularly for the Europa League.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

We've solved the right wing problem with Spearing

Sound off, music on seems to be the way to do this game. How do some of the commentators around get work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

The pure Red strip looks good... :)

J.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement