Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Turtyturd wrote: »
    You're right, just give him a run out in the cup games then.

who would we play for those away games in stoke on a cold yadda yadda yadda

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Ade has completed his deal to Spurs I think. Maybe we could get them to throw in Dzeko as well!

I don't think Adebayor has completed the move to Spurs yet.
    It's been talked about being close to completion for weeks now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

amiable wrote: »
    Rory smith on TIMES WebChat: Liverpool want £27m or £24m and Johnson for Agger. Man City ready to pay £20m or £17m and Johnson

I think it's a good sign how far apart they are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Both clubs are playing the waiting game to see who will flinch IMO

Yep.

Rodgers admits every player has his price: City (reportedly) make an improved bid of £20m.

Rodgers Then announces he wants to keep him and it would take a lot of money to get him: Mancini publicly complains that his director of football won't spend enough money.

It's brinkmanship. Recent form in this area means we'll likely end up selling him on deadline day for ~£20m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If Agger says er "lads I just got this tatoo I ain't moving" then what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Ade has completed his deal to Spurs I think. Maybe we could get them to throw in Dzeko as well!

Afaik, Adebyor wants his contract paid by City, think its around 6m. Thats whats holding up the deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

mike65 wrote: »
    If Agger says er "lads I just got this tatoo I ain't moving" then what?

Thats what I'm wondering. Surely City would have got his hint at this stage.

Anyone wrote: »
    Afaik, Adebyor wants his contract paid by City, think its around 6m. Thats whats holding up the deal.

I read that he also wants a cut of the transfer fee, if you can believe it. I hope we stay well clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Ah right I was sure Id heard the deal was done. For what it's worth I am not really a big Adebayor fan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

ush wrote: »
    Do you think Agger would accept à move to Man City?

Nope. Don't think he would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I'd think getting YNWA tattoo'd on his knuckles is a fairly definitive statement from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Kess73 wrote: »

I agree. Don't get me wrong, he's human, doubling his wages might turn his head. But after the local players, he's as loyal as anyone in the squad, never made a noise about looking elsewhere during the turmoil of the last few years. I could see him, Lucas, Johnson and Pepe sticking around for a long time yet...

As for Adebayor, Rodgers wouldn't touch him. Lazy, questionable attitude, blows hot and cold. Not for our Buck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

You're very naive if you think that Agger would reject the chance to double his wages and play in a team that has the chance to win trophies and participates in the Champions League.

Ignore what Agger has said in the past and his tatoos. He's human at the end of the day and hed have to be missing a large portion of his brain to reject a move to City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Ignore what Agger has said in the past and his tatoos..

Ahh how'ya Willy .

Your dead right .
    I have been telling folk around here to forget about that silly new tattoo across Aggers knuckles . besides they are all reading it backwards .

Its actually; Away With Nasty Yanks.

216813.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭budgemook

You're very naive if you think that Agger would reject the chance to double his wages and play in a team that has the chance to win trophies and participates in the Champions League.

Ignore what Agger has said in the past and his tatoos. He's human at the end of the day and hed have to be missing a large portion of his brain to reject a move to City.
    You can't just ignore what he says and does. I agree every man has a price but think for Agger it would be very high and doubt City would be prepared to go to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Eziz Allamov ‏@Ezizallamov
    Daniel Agger has told Liverpool that he will refuse any offers from Man City because of his loyalty to the club. (EkstraBladet)

Ekstra Bladet is a Danish newspaper.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

I just saw Brendan Rodgers filling up his car at Junction One in Antrim!
    I waited at the entrance to the shop to say hello, but he got back in the car - his wife was already in the shop and paid. I really wish I'd gone over to him now. :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,557 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Sorry, but regarding Agger, it appears that people seem to forget that a player's loyalty is not the same as a fan's. Remember Torres.

Also, if the club show disloyalty to him by inviting offers then he's bound to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,512 ✭✭✭✭noodler

opr wrote: »

Opr

I don't know if that means I should increase my man-love for Dagger or does it just mean he would rather move abroad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

I can understand that as a Chelsea fan, this idea might be foreign to you, but not every player is driven by money.

What Agger has said would suggest that HE has no interest in going to City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

You just need to put the video's ID number in the YouTube tags, Luckycharms.

Opr

If that is true, get that new contract in front of him IMMEDIATELY and close the book on this. Some deals are just not worth making.

Then bring Xabi home and bring on the trophies...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Reoil wrote: »
    I waited at the entrance to the shop to say hello, but he got back in the car - his wife was already in the shop and paid.

Maybe she's doing our bidding. What did she buy? A winger?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Ape X wrote: »

You just need to put the video's ID number in the YouTube tags, Luckycharms.

Thanks
    I was trying to link the HD=1 for you tube video. It fcuked up then :)

Opr

It's supposedly a rag tabloid known for sensationalism.

And on that note several people on twitter have noticed that some of the staff at Liverpool have started following Nuri Sahin on twitter

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I can understand that as a Chelsea fan, this idea might be foreign to you, but not every player is driven by money.

What Agger has said would suggest that HE has no interest in going to City.

Sadly it still doesn't mean he won't move, although I do believe that he really does not want to move. If City make an acceptable offer then who knows what will be said to him along the lines of "we'd like you to move as we believe this will allow us to move the club forward". I still won't believe he will be there come September until either September, or he signs a new deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

And on that note several people on twitter have noticed that some of the staff at Liverpool have started following Nuri Sahin on twitter

I don't know why, but this made me laugh. World gone mad type stuff.

Every single thing is scrutinized and followed in modern football, its amazing that anything can keep quiet.

Opr

I have an Ekstra Bladet for the cold nights.:p

Good to see the quote, he one of the few who's word I trust (seems a very straight talking sort)

It's supposedly a rag tabloid known for sensationalism.

It also says that Sahin will be moving to the PL this week and everyone is saying its Arsenal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

I have an Ekstra Bladet for the cold nights.
    A thankworthy pun!

Off topic, but I'd love to slap Marty Morrisey about the chops.

MMs face looks like its made of chops.

Knex. wrote: »
    I don't know why, but this made me laugh. World gone mad type stuff.

Every single thing is scrutinized and followed in modern football, its amazing that anything can keep quiet.

Haha, that's why I added it at the end of the bit about that Danish newspaper being rag known for sensationalism :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Any idea what agger is currently on? 80k seems to be the only figure mentioned here regarding players so I doubt he'd double his money at city, offer him a new contract and up his wages, he may be injury prone but he deserves it.

Haha, that's why I added it at the end of the bit about that Danish newspaper being rag known for sensationalism :)

It's some serious trolling from Paul Rogers head of Liverpool content to have started following him today :p

Opr

I'm looking at BlueMoon - Cities biggest message board I'd say.
    despite our huge success on the pitch in recent seasons we are still getting humiliated in the transfer Market. Aj (Adam Johnson) is worth 15 million end of story. Agger is worth 15 - 18 million max.

God love them and their new money ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Anyone who read's or contributes in this thread knows 90% of the poster's on here are fully aware of who LFC can and cannot approach as possible signings.

Thanks for your snotty arrogance all the same

I would actually argue the complete opposite.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Agger worth in or around the same as Jack Rodwell so it would appear......super

noodler wrote: »
    I don't know if that means I should increase my man-love for Dagger or does it just mean he would rather move abroad!

Agger will not play for another English club. I am very confident of that. I am just as confident that Liverpool will not be the last club that he plays for.

• Advertisement

PaulieC wrote: »
    Agger worth in or around the same as Jack Rodwell so it would appear......super

Or according to some on Boards recently enough he's on a par with Savic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,512 ✭✭✭✭noodler

To be honest....if we take City out of the equation then 15-18m would be pretty much what I'd consider Agger to be worth.

I think if we accepted a bid for Agger, he'd go. His agent would see to that.

I also don't think we'll see Alonso back at LFC again any time soon. He'd be perfect for us right now but for the dozen other central midfielders we currently have, and the fact that he's the wrong side of 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

To be honest....if we take City out of the equation then 15-18m would be pretty much what I'd consider Agger to be worth.

An average of 17 league appearances per season since arriving in England. If I was a City fan I wouldn't want the club to meet our reported £27 million asking price for him. Younger, generally fitter players out there for far cheaper.

I'd still be disgusted if we sold him to another English club for any price no matter how silly, because of our undoubted inability to replace him with anyone of the same quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

He's a world class CB - 15-18 isn't near enough

What do we think of Anfield Mole on Twitter? He seems to hit the spots on a few stories this summer. He is suggesting Adam is tentatively speaking to Fulham and we are still favs for Sahin. Sahin and Dempsey, on top of Borini and Allen, would be a very tasty and not too expensive summer, considering the departures (wages particularly)...

• Advertisement

I'm just curious to see if Simon Kjaer to Liverpool rumours start up again. Was a spate of them at the end of July and the comments made to the media by both the Wolfsburg manager and Kjaer's agent certainly suggest the player is off. Not to mention the fact that Kjaer would have to backtrack on his comment that he does not want to play at Wolfsburg for as long as Magath is there.

I'm just curious to see if Simon Kjaer to Liverpool rumours start up again. Was a spate of them at the end of July and the comments made to the media by both the Wolfsburg manager and Kjaer's agent certainly suggest the player is off. Not to mention the fact that Kjaer would have to backtrack on his comment that he does not want to play at Wolfsburg for as long as Magath is there.

If Agger did leave, I'd rather see Coates playing than Kjaer, he doesn't impress me that hugely...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

What type of player is Sahin? I was always under the impression he was a DM i must be mistaken?

What type of player is Sahin? I was always under the impression he was a DM i must be mistaken?

Beautiful . balanced . left foot .

Great eye for a pass and also gets mucked in .

The other side of this whole saga is Daniel needs to sign a new deal if he's staying or he'll be off to Barcelona next summer for 10m.

Opr

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement