Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I think if Agger had a better injury record he'd be in and around the top 5 CBs in the world.

Thigao Silva? Kompany? Pepe when he's not going ape****? Vidic's injury record isn't a million miles better. Pique's form is ropey. There's not many around that have the same kind of quality.

The only reason we're not asking for 40m is because of the injury record.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

How much is Kaka on a week

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

Some talk on twitter that Nathan Ecclestone is signing for Brighton on loan with a view to a permanent deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

opr wrote: »
    The loan players Brendan was talking about are now believed to be Kaka and Sahin. They should be done this week. #Exciting times.

Opr

Just asked someone, who knows somebody, who works for a local radio station in Dortmund. Let's hope, that's true :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Gbear wrote: »
    I think if Agger had a better injury record he'd be in and around the top 5 CBs in the world.

Thigao Silva? Kompany? Pepe when he's not going ape****? Vidic's injury record isn't a million miles better. Pique's form is ropey. There's not many around that have the same kind of quality.

The only reason we're not asking for 40m is because of the injury record.

There is a big Hummels shaped hole there. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Just asked someone, who knows somebody, who works for a local radio station in Dortmund. Let's hope, that's true :)

Fancy telling us what this person said....:pac:

90elf had a story last month that had Liverpool linked with Sahin
    . That station has a very very good track record for footy news, mainly because much of what is on it comes straight from the mouths of managers/players/agents and they often broadcast the actual interviews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Another Danish paper is carrying a similar enough interview with Agger. The one thing I get from reading the quotes which differs from the earlier headlines is while he doesn't want to move if the club inform him they want to sell him he isn't going to stay somewhere he isn't wanted. So far he says the club haven't talked to him about a transfer.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

IF it transpired that the club accepted a bid for Agger and he point blank said he wasn't moving and that the club should honour his contract at the very least it would be so very awesome. I don't see it playing out like that, but it would be truly wonderous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Kess73 wrote: »
    . That station has a very very good track record for footy news, mainly because much of what is on it comes straight from the mouths of managers/players/agents and they often broadcast the actual interviews

I'd be shocked if Sahin agreed to join Liverpool. There would be plenty of clubs in the Champions League willing to sign him (on loan or permanently). Why would he chose Liverpool, a Europa League side who haven't played in the CL since 2009, over clubs like Arsenal or even Spurs?

It doesn't add up and just sounds like twitter nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Kess73 wrote: »

I'd be shocked if Sahin agreed to join Liverpool. There would be plenty of clubs in the Champions League willing to sign him (on loan or permanently). Why would he chose Liverpool, a Europa League side who haven't played in the CL since 2009, over clubs like Arsenal or even Spurs?

Why would Madrid want to strengthen other CL teams?

Exactly, plus the 90elf story said it was a loan deal that was enquired about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Twitter nonsense? Your the one posting silly tweet's. Bit hypocritical there Willy.

Didn't realise Spurs were in the Champions League this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Willy, you're always either "shocked" that a player would want to join Liverpool, or "shocked" that Liverpool would want to sign the player.

There's no middle ground with you.

It doesn't add up and just sounds like willmunny nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I would have put Hazard joining a club in decline as twitter nonsense too.

World is funny like that.

I doubt they would see loaning him to a team like Arsenal as a serious threat.

But even if they did, the power is with the player these days. If there's a loan offer on the table from Arsenal and Liverpool, you can be sure that Sahin will get the move to Arsenal if he pushes for it.

Fancy telling us what this person said....:pac:

I should find out from Radio91.2 at some stage hopefully, the latest news in the moment is, that Marco Reus was elected Player of the Season by the 'Kicker' magazine ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

I doubt they would see loaning him to a team like Arsenal as a serious threat.

But even if they did, the power is with the player these days. If there's a loan offer on the table from Arsenal and Liverpool, you can be sure that Sahin will get the move to Arsenal if he pushes for it.

Like Arsenal? You are a silly boy.

If they keep RVP they will be very strong this year.

The have made some great signings.

jenno86 wrote: »

Keep RVP, another season experience under the belt of Szczesny. If Vermaelen and Koscielny remain injury free they could really push on tbh.

Also, if Wilshire comes back early it could be massive for them.

jenno86 wrote: »

IMO Arsenal won't worry Real Madrid even if they do keep RVP. I'm sure they'd insert a clause ensuring Sahin couldn't play if they faced Arsenal anyway.

My money is on Sahin joining a CL club on loan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

More crap from metro saying Everton Are signing Adam Johnson on loan from City

Twitter nonsense? Your the one posting silly tweet's. Bit hypocritical there Willy.

Didn't realise Spurs were in the Champions League this year?

I posted twitter nonsense? Are you talking about the Alonso tweet? I'm confident that most people think that that tweet was very accurate.

I never said Spurs were in the CL BTW.
    Knex. wrote: »
    Willy, you're always either "shocked" that a player would want to join Liverpool, or "shocked" that Liverpool would want to sign the player.

There's no middle ground with you.

It doesn't add up and just sounds like willmunny nonsense.

I'm not shocked that Liverpool would want to sign the player. Fair play to them if they want to chance their arm with signing class players like Sahin. All I'm pointing out is that there's little to no chance of it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Sounds like Brown Sources is still in full flight.

IMO Arsenal won't worry Real Madrid even if they do keep RVP. I'm sure they'd insert a clause ensuring Sahin couldn't play if they faced Arsenal anyway.

My money is on Sahin joining a CL club on loan.

My mate in Germany just telling me, Nuri Sahin will 'most likely join Arsenal, even if Liverpool is still in the race'.

I suppose, money talks :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Why would he chose Liverpool, a Europa League side who haven't played in the CL since 2009, over clubs like Arsenal or even Spurs?

If Mourinho tells Sahin that a loan to Liverpool for a year is the best thing for his Real career, then he'll likely go. They were the only team he wanted to move to last Summer. There's also the possibility that Arsenal want a permanent move, which again mightn't be to his liking. And if the rumours of Alonso rejecting a contract are true, he might now see his longer-term chances of breaking in to the Real first team improving.

What really 'doesn't add up' is why Liverpool are after him when they've just spent £15 on a player in his favoured position.

gaelicred wrote: »
    More crap from metro saying Everton Are signing Adam Johnson on loan from City

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if true tbh.
    My mate in Germany just telling me, Nuri Sahin will 'most likely join Arsenal, even if Liverpool is still in the race'.

I suppose, money talks :(

In this case I don't think so. Liverpool would be more likely to stump up the 100% wages in Sahin's loan than Arsenal would be.

Sappy404 wrote: »
    If Mourinho tells Sahin that a loan to Liverpool for a year is the best thing for his Real career, then he'll likely go. They were the only team he wanted to move to last Summer. There's also the possibility that Arsenal want a permanent move, which again mightn't be to his liking. And if the rumours of Alonso rejecting a contract are true, he might now see his longer-term chances of breaking in to the Real first team improving.

What really 'doesn't add up' is why Liverpool are after him when they've just spent £15 on a player in his favoured position.

How could he convince him of that?

Clearly playing for a club in the Champions League (ie. the highest level) would be best for his development.

Knex. wrote: »
    Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if true tbh.

In this case I don't think so. Liverpool would be more likely to stump up the 100% wages in Sahin's loan than Arsenal would be.

There's also Tomas Rosicky (who played for Dortmund) who might have recommended Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

A great tweet that sums this nonsense up

Liam Tomkins ‏@liam_tomkins

Ah its Willymunny the closet Liverpool fan. How are you doing buddy have a nice summer under the bridge ;)

• Advertisement

Clearly playing for a club in the Champions League (ie. the highest level) would be best for his development.

He'd be pretty much guaranteed a spot in our starting XI every week, which would be very important to a player who made just ten appearances last season and struggled with injury.

At Arsenal, he'd have to compete with Song, Arteta, Ramsay, Rosicky and Wilshere for one of two/three places depending on the formation.

If he desires plenty of first-team football to get himself back to the level he was at wth Dortmund, Liverpool could actually be a safer bet, especially if his sole intention in leaving on loan is to show Mourinho he still has a future at Madrid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

It's a sad day when a "fan" gets a bigger buzz out of a player not joining a rival club rather than a player joining their own.

Oscorp wrote: »
    He'd be pretty much guaranteed a spot in our starting XI every week, which would be very important to a player who made just ten appearances last season and struggled with injury.

At Arsenal, he'd have to compete with Song, Arteta, Ramsay, Rosicky and Wilshere for one of two/three places depending on the formation.

If he desires plenty of first-team football to get himself back to the level he was at wth Dortmund, Liverpool could actually be a safer bet, especially if his sole intention in leaving on loan is to show Mourinho he still has a future at Madrid.

IMO Sahin would become a regular at Arsenal. He would play most games (as he would at Liverpool).

He is better than Ramsey and Rosicky, Wilshere is constantly out injured and Song looks like he could be joining Barcelona.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Mourinho could give him the option of either going to Liverpool or staying in the Madrid reserves.

Liverpool could be the only club offering satisfactory loan terms at this point, likely his preferred option.

Mourinho worked closely with Rodgers and could believe it himself.

Alonso/Arbeloa could recommend the club.

Agreeing to loan/sell him to Arsenal would likely hasten Song's move to Barcelona. I wouldn't put it past Mourinho to deny 'The Voyeur' a new playmaker if it meant Barca weren't getting their preferred man.

Mourinho could give him the option of either going to Liverpool or staying in the Madrid reserves.

Liverpool could be the only club offering satisfactory loan terms at this point, likely his preferred option.

Mourinho worked closely with Rodgers and could believe it himself.

Agreeing to loan/sell him to Arsenal would likely hasten Song's move to Barcelona. I wouldn't put it past Mourinho to deny 'The Voyeur' a new playmaker if it meant Barca weren't getting their preferred man.

Sappy, I really can't see Mourinho being so restrictive as to where Sahin can go on loan.

But I agree, he would be better off playing for Liverpool rather than in Real Madrid's reserves but I think that's a highly unlikely ultimatum.

For the record, I too would be surprised if we nabbed Sahin, but entertaining the thought pleases me.
    IMO Sahin would become a regular at Arsenal. He would play most games (as he would at Liverpool).

He is better than Ramsey and Rosicky, Wilshere is constantly out injured and Song looks like he could be joining Barcelona.

Would Wenger hinder the progress of Ramsey by giving more game time to a loanee? Doesn't sound like Arsene. And Rosicky had a fantastic second half to the last campaign. Sahin would have to establish himself as part of their XI over time, he'd probably walk right into ours.

Two points also worthy of consideration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Tony Barrett is saying Skrtel has been offered a new 4 year contract on improved terms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

The latest with Agger seems to be that City are waiting to agree a deal with Sinclair from Swansea so that they can include Johnson in a final bid.

amiable wrote: »
    Tony Barrett is saying Skrtel has been offered a new 4 year contract on improved terms

Nothing on Barrett's twitter

daithijjj wrote: »
    The latest with Agger seems to be that City are waiting to agree a deal with Sinclair from Swansea so that they can include Johnson in a final bid.

I think it's time to start talking about Aggers replacement again

Leiva wrote: »

It's behind a pay wall in The Times

• Advertisement

Then the difference between the £27mil and £24mil fee must inc a sale of Johnson rather than a loan..surely not ?

This is the article
    Tony Barret's article in The Times this evening:

Daniel Agger says he wants to remain at Anfield, despite strong interest from Manchester City. The Liverpool centre half insists that he cannot contemplate playing for another English club.
    Liverpool have rejected two offers from City for the Denmark defender, whom they value at £27 million.

Prior to City showing interest in him, Agger had always maintained that he would not want to join a rival English club and his position remains unchanged despite City’s status as the Premier League champions.

The 27-year-old accepts, however, that he could be forced to the move in the event of Liverpool accepting an increased offer. “I’d rather stay,” Agger said. “I can’t imagine playing for any other club in England but you never know if the club think it’s better to sell.

“I am fine with my situation. The club will have to find out what they want to do. I’ve heard nothing from them. I’d rather stay but that decision is not up to me at the moment.

“Liverpool can do a deal even though I have two years on my contract. But I haven’t changed my mind on the subject. Sometimes you can end up in a position where it’s not your decision.
    “I don’t want to be somewhere I am not wanted but I would prefer if they want me to stay. That is my priority.”

While Agger’s future remains uncertain, that of Martin Skrtel, his central defensive partner, looks set to be resolved with the Slovakia international on the verge of agreeing a new long- term contract with the club.

Liverpool are also hoping to sign Cristian Tello, who can play as a winger or a forward, on a season-long loan deal from Barcelona.
    Brendan Rodgers, the Liverpool manager, has already recruited Joe Allen, the midfielder, and Fabio Borini, the striker, but wants to strengthen his attacking options farther before the transfer window closes on August 31. The Northern Irishman has identified the Barcelona player, who can operate as a forward or as a winger, as his preferred option.

Tello has been informed by Tito Vilanova, the Barcelona head coach, that he does not feature in his plans for the first team this season and that he would be better served by playing regularly for the club’s B-team. Rodgers wants him at a season long loan.

Rodgers is also looking to take Nuri Sahin from Real Madrid on a similar basis and the midfield player is currently considering his options in the knowledge that Arsene Wenger is also keen to sign him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Then the difference between the £27mil and £24mil fee must inc a sale of Johnson rather than a loan..surely not ?

Bid would most likely be restructured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

So if we accept City bid then Agger is gone.

Bid would most likely be restructured.

Yea your right we should go back with £25mil + Johnson for Agger :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

So if we accept City bid then Agger is gone.

Agger has said he will turn down the offer from City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

the more I read from agger the more I think the chap is an absolute legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Melion wrote: »

Haven't seen anything saying that. It seems he's prefer to stay but if Liverpool accept then he'll go.
    I don’t want to be somewhere I am not wanted but I would prefer if they want me to stay. That is my priority

Doesn't sound like someone who'll refuse to leave tbh.

Melion wrote: »

Fair play to him :)

But is there any link to that statement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement