Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Dickerty wrote: »
    Haven't the Echo been a few days behind a lot of stories in the last few transfer windows?

I think on the Tello thing, he'll sign a new deal and go on loan, cause it doesn't seem like they'll find much room for him in the first team squad, unless Affelay leaves maybe?

The Echo online has generally been ahead of a lot of this year's rumours/stories.

They were leaning towards Agger staying (and saying he wanted to stay along with Rodgers wanting him to) and hardball being played by club and player at least a week ahead of most other sources.

Neil Jones had the Borini story very early, and Kirkbridge has come in with a lot of little snippets that have proven accurate.

There is, and I have to say that it is alleged, a Chang link with the Echo this summer and that the paper will as a result be getting more and more club sanctioned leaks.

Jones and Kirkbridge are the two names I usually highlight (as I know one quite well), and they put out a lot of articles on the paper's website on an almost daily basis.

As with any journos, salt is required at times, but the Chang link, alleged of course, may become more obvious in time especially if we get more future tales of Rodgers standing up to the owners to keep Agger. As I said either yesterday or the day before, it makes for wonderful PR for a new manager to be seen to have stood your ground on keeping a fan favourite player that the owners seem to be ready to cash in on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Tello will drive ye mad as much as he will excite. One of those kids who could turn out to be unbelieveable or could turn out to be useless. Ye shouldn't expect too much from him if he does come on loan. Very very raw.

I am not one who really rates Tello tbh. I regard him as being a lesser version of Walcott at the same age.

He does have fantastic pace though, and he does seem to have an eye for goal, so he might be the sort who would be a terrific impact player in the latter stages of games, and having a speed merchant like him in the squad could be seen as a way to allow Sterling a year of extra development time whilst still having that kind of pace in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Sappy404 wrote: »
    City could see it as 'the later it gets without him signing a contract the more desperate FSG will be to cash in'. He'll be worth a fraction of his current value this time next year and we won't ever get £20+ for him again. I can see him going for ~£20m on deadline day.

That is counterintuitive. We are not desperate to sell. We will only sell at a high price, and largely to fund other investments in the squad. If we have already brought in players to fill the positions we need, then if anything we have very little impulse to sell...

Kess73 wrote: »
    The Echo online has generally been ahead of a lot of this year's rumours/stories.

They were leaning towards Agger staying (and saying he wanted to stay along with Rodgers wanting him to) and hardball being played by club and player at least a week ahead of most other sources.

Neil Jones had the Borini story very early, and Kirkbridge has come in with a lot of little snippets that have proven accurate.

There is, and I have to say that it is alleged, a Chang link with the Echo this summer and that the paper will as a result be getting more and more club sanctioned leaks.

Jones and Kirkbridge are the two names I usually highlight (as I know one quite well), and they put out a lot of articles on the paper's website on an almost daily basis.

As with any journos, salt is required at times, but the Chang link, alleged of course, may become more obvious in time especially if we get more future tales of Rodgers standing up to the owners to keep Agger. As I said either yesterday or the day before, it makes for wonderful PR for a new manager to be seen to have stood your ground on keeping a fan favourite player that the owners seem to be ready to cash in on.

Thanks, it may have been the Post or some other local daily. It's hard to filter, the info comes so quickly...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

That is counterintuitive. We are not desperate to sell. We will only sell at a high price, and largely to fund other investments in the squad. If we have already brought in players to fill the positions we need, then if anything we have very little impulse to sell...

The quoted price for city rose to £27m because of contract negotiations, I understand. If that's the case a last chance 'take it or leave it' offer from City on deadline day could look tempting to FSG if Agger has toild them he won't sign the offered deal, or even if he is still humming and hawing.

I'm definitely fearing the worst though, so maybe this actually happening is more unlikely than likely, but I'd rather consider him sold and see him kept than consider him kept and see him sold. I've learned not to make optimistic assumptions when it comes to Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff
    Cristian Tello (21), followed by Liverpool, Ajax and others, will continue this season. He won't leave on loan nor on a permanent deal. [md]

Looks like Tello's going nowhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Colemania wrote: »
    You realise you're reading a tweet though don't you?

Until you hear something from either club you never know what could happen

Sappy404 wrote: »
    The quoted price for city rose to £27m because of contract negotiations, I understand. If that's the case a last chance 'take it or leave it' offer from City on deadline day could look tempting to FSG if Agger has toild them he won't sign the offered deal, or even if he is still humming and hawing.

But he's gotten 2 years left. We can have that conversation in a month, or 3, or 6...

They said something similar a few days ago but since then we've heard plenty about him coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I see our old friend Gaston is now being linked with a move to Southampton. His agent is doing some PR job of getting his name about, I will give him that.

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

i reckon if we get sahin and tello on loan we won't need to sell agger. Selling him would be to fund purchases which won't be necessary if the loans come in. Temporarily anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

A few peoples twitter time lines seem to be running about 48 hours late.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Dont think its a need to sell him....its whether they can get maximum value (a very high value from whats being reported) on a player who they feel may not be up to the rigours of a full season.

I really hope he doesnt go but have a bad feeling about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

PaulieC wrote: »
    You realise you're reading a tweet though don't you?

Until you hear something from either club you never know what could happen

Well that barcastuff guy rarely tweets rubbish so I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Well that barcastuff guy rarely tweets rubbish so I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.
    True but at the end of the day it's still Twitter - a cesspit of transfer rumours & going ons imo

This place is a ghost town at lunch hour. What about us early lunch takers, eh? What am I supposed to do - work?? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Srijandeep Das ‏@jeremy_LFC

Man City have made a €10m offer for Atletico's Diego Godin, deadline given to respond is Saturday. [TodoMercado]

Lets hope they get him and the Agger interest goes :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

gafferino wrote: »
    Dont think its a need to sell him....its whether they can get maximum value (a very high value from whats being reported) on a player who they feel may not be up to the rigours of a full season.

I really hope he doesnt go but have a bad feeling about it.

you're right about the need to sell versus the opportune time to sell. Agger dempsey and rvp are in similar situations imo. They've all come off very impressive seasons, arguably their best for their clubs. And now is the time to maximise sale price and cash in. I have a good feeling about agger though.

And Anfield Mole reckons we'll reveal Sahin to the press on Tuesday, but that the deal is done. I hope they at least confirm if before then, have him at the West Brom game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Marca in spain are after claiming that Arsenal is where Sahin wants to go, and that the Tello deal is gonna fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Leiva wrote: »
    Spurs are in the background ready to pounce .

Des is in the background ready to laugh

I am in the background ready to slice wrists if above happens .

No I'm not :confused:

It makes sense for Sahin to move to Liverpool on loan.

Madrid won't be "strenghtening" a CL rival, he'll get game time at Liverpool, as he's better than anyone else there at the moment, Mourinho knows Rodgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

And Anfield Mole reckons we'll reveal Sahin to the press on Tuesday, but that the deal is done. I hope they at least confirm if before then, have him at the West Brom game!

is Anfield Mole related to Anfield Cat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

No, different surnames.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Marca in spain are after claiming that Arsenal is where Sahin wants to go, and that the Tello deal is gonna fail.

Marca are Madrid's mouthpiece aren't they? Hmm.

I wonder if the Tello deal has fallen through if we're going to go back to City and inquire about Adam Johnson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

No, brother of Adrian though.

Marca are full of sh*t btw.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I think the long and the short of it is that we can speculate away to our hearts content, but we won't know what's going to happen until it happens, even though people will turn out to be right obviously. It doesn't mean that they were right because of superior knowledge necessarily, just lucky guessers considering the amount of different stories about various players that are going around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Just seen brad Jones missus there on Twitter, Christ she's a fine thing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Just seen brad Jones missus there on Twitter, Christ she's a fine thing...

Pics or GTFO.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Srijandeep Das ‏@jeremy_LFC

Lets hope they get him and the Agger interest goes :P

For that price I'd rather we get him and sell them Agger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

dani-lawrence-250-882593450.jpg

she's aiiit.

• Advertisement

For that price I'd rather we get him and sell them Agger.

And do what with the rest, T-Bills?

No thanks.

And do what with the rest, T-Bills?

No thanks.

Spent it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Anyone seen Charlie Belly's missus? Former Miss G.B I think. God know's how he managed that. Tripped her up with a dodgy tackle I reckon

Spent it?

I think we have enough for this year. If we can get Dempsey and one of the loans, that is enough of a squad for this season. When we are in the CL next season, that's when we'll need the extra $, and a different calibre of player can be attracted...

I think we have enough for this year. If we can get Dempsey and one of the loans, that is enough of a squad for this season. When we are in the CL next season, that's when we'll need the extra $, and a different calibre of player can be attracted...

Sure it will be to late by then. If we have enough then pocket the money and keep it for next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Lets say we get Sahin in, do you reckon we'll let Shelvey out on loan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Sure it will be to late by then. If we have enough then pocket the money and keep it for next year.

We're in no position to sell one of our best players just to leave the profit in the bank.

Liverpool defender Daniel Agger is being linked with a move to Barcelona after admitting his admiration for the Spanish giants.

The centre-back has looked set for the Anfield exit throughout the summer and has been the target of bids from Premier League champions Manchester City.
    Agger, though, has seen the offers rejected by Liverpool, who are thought to value the Dane at close to £30million, and the player himself has seemingly snubbed City by stating he is in happy on Merseyside.

But in a latest twist, the £5.8million January 2006 signing from Brondby has now surprisingly admitted he would find it hard to say no to Barcelona.
    Agger is quoted as saying by Ekstra Bladet: "Playing for Barcelona would be a huge accomplishment. They have the best team in the world so that is a given.

"But I am very happy here (Liverpool). I feel that I have a good place in the club and that I have a lot of influence on the pitch."

I don't want us to, but it may be for the best. He will get less from occasional games that someone like Henderson or Spearing, and he has more progress to make given his age and ability. I would send him initially on 3 months and extend assuming the sqaud stays fit...

We're in no position to sell one of our best players just to leave the profit in the bank.

I agree. But Dickerty seems to think we're grand. Goidin+new right sided attacker is better than Agger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

You would have to think he would. What about Henderson, he seems further down the pecking order in Rodgers eyes.

Opr

gafferino wrote: »
    Liverpool defender Daniel Agger is being linked with a move to Barcelona after admitting his admiration for the Spanish giants.

The centre-back has looked set for the Anfield exit throughout the summer and has been the target of bids from Premier League champions Manchester City.
    Agger, though, has seen the offers rejected by Liverpool, who are thought to value the Dane at close to £30million, and the player himself has seemingly snubbed City by stating he is in happy on Merseyside.

But in a latest twist, the £5.8million January 2006 signing from Brondby has now surprisingly admitted he would find it hard to say no to Barcelona.
    Agger is quoted as saying by Ekstra Bladet: "Playing for Barcelona would be a huge accomplishment. They have the best team in the world so that is a given.

"But I am very happy here (Liverpool). I feel that I have a good place in the club and that I have a lot of influence on the pitch."

Such a non story. There are very few players that would not say that playing for Barca would be special. But most of the time, no one asks them that question.

Of course, if Barca wanted to bid £30M...or swap for Iniesta...

I agree. But Dickerty seems to think we're grand. Goidin+new right sided attacker is better than Agger.

But if we get Sahin and Dempsey (which seems to be within existing budget), we don't need another winger. In fact, we aren't playing a true right winger, Luis and Stevie will play right of the 3 up top...

But if we get Sahin and Dempsey (which seems to be within existing budget), we don't need another winger. In fact, we aren't playing a true right winger, Luis and Stevie will play right of the 3 up top...

We do need another winger. Dempsey should be a sub, not good to be our starting striker. Pretty sure Suarez will stay as our striker. Gerrard injury record is nearly as bad as Aggers, can't rely on him for the whole season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Something in this barca story doesnt add up . 30 million for agger ? All of a sudden barca are desparate for a centre half . So desparate that they would pay near twice his value. Its not like almost any centre back in the world wouldnt love to go there.
    why agger and why twice his value. I reckon its a planted story to get city to bid more.

opr wrote: »
    You would have to think he would. What about Henderson, he seems further down the pecking order in Rodgers eyes.

Opr

I think we'll see Henderson off the bench a lot to play in one of the 3 midfield slots. Loaning him out would do very little, he's already more or less that player he's going to be I think. But I think he'll play that sub role a lot, whereas Downing is more likely to start every 2nd or 3rd game...

Such a non story. There are very few players that would not say that playing for Barca would be special. But most of the time, no one asks them that question.

Of course, if Barca wanted to bid £30M...or swap for Iniesta...

Yeah I agree...its such a slow day though just thought id throw something up :rolleyes:

We do need another winger. Dempsey should be a sub, not good to be our starting striker. Pretty sure Suarez will stay as our striker. Gerrard injury record is nearly as bad as Aggers, can't rely on him for the whole season.

Dempsey is definately good enough to start a lot of games. It's not about his individual skill, it's scoring ability and workrate, and how he'd link with the others. And there is Downing, Henderson, Sterling (and Cole!).
    Suarez will often be the right of our front 3, effectively an inside right position...

cloptrop wrote: »
    Something in this barca story doesnt add up . 30 million for agger ? All of a sudden barca are desparate for a centre half . So desparate that they would pay near twice his value. Its not like almost any centre back in the world wouldnt love to go there.
    why agger and why twice his value. I reckon its a planted story to get city to bid more.

I don't think there is a bid, and I just threw that figure out there! As I said, it's really a non story...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

Is Dempsey being bought to play on the wing?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement