Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Dickerty wrote: »
    Dempsey is definately good enough to start a lot of games. Also Downing, Henderson, Sterling. Suarez will often be the right of our front 3, effectively an inside right position...

That's the depressing part. When Suarez is on the right hand side who will be in the centre? Please don't say Dempsey. If so then we could easily use the Agger money to strengthen our team a lot more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Just thinking Shelvey spent most of his time on loan at Blackpool playing on the right of a front three. If we could get Gerrard to play in that front three.

Johnson---Skrtel---Agger---Enrique

Lucas

Allen
    Sahin

Gerrard
    Suarez
    Borini

In midfield and attack we would have in reserve Henderson, Shelvey, Tello, Downing, Dempsey, Sterling and Carroll.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

Regarding the great Dane what do people think we're going to do if/when he gets injured? Will Coates or Carragher take that place? will it be divided between the two. I share the general level of respect for him and don't want to see him leave but I'm not looking forward to dreading every tackle he goes into. Or do people think he might buck the trend of the past few years and come through a full season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

That's the depressing part. When Suarez is on the right hand side who will be in the centre? Please don't say Dempsey. If so then we could easily use the Agger money to strengthen our team a lot more.

Borini/Carroll I would imagine. Dempsey wide left then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I agree. But Dickerty seems to think we're grand. Goidin+new right sided attacker is better than Agger.

I just think it's far too late in the market to be taking punts in the transfer market, if we sell Agger it's possible we could get shafted on any deal for a new centre half. I suppose we'll have to see what happens with these possible loan deals.
    opr wrote: »
    You would have to think he would. What about Henderson, he seems further down the pecking order in Rodgers eyes.

Opr

Yeah it's a tough one. Shelvey is much more exciting but he's also a bit raw and could do with regular gametime to sort that out. I don't really know how to feel about Henderson to be honest, he's shown that he can do it in the premiership at a lower level so i can't see a loan deal really benefitting him. He's be probably better off sticking around getting used to "the system" and learning from top players like Gerrard and Lucas and to a lesser extent Allen and hopefully Sahin. With Shelvey i could just see him coming back and slotting right back in as i believe he has more natural talent and bags of confidence to go with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Knex. wrote: »

Precisely. And they can all interchange, since they are all capable of finishing chances and no little pace...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

If Barca are interested and make an any way decent offer, he'll be off I'd imagine. Can't really blame a player for wanting out if he has the opportunity to play for Barca, particularly if the club stand to receive £22m+

Any more word on Carroll going, or has there been anyone linked with Adam or Cole? Selling/releasing the three of them would raise enough to spend £25m + wages on a replacement for Carroll without weakening the squad

Just a quick note on Shelvey this year, he really bulked up over the summer. The man is built like a fucking shithouse :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Knex. wrote: »

Ugh..
    I just think it's far too late in the market to be taking punts in the transfer market, if we sell Agger it's possible we could get shafted on any deal for a new centre half. I suppose we'll have to see what happens with these possible loan deals.

Another two weeks left, still good time. Getting shafted on someone like Godin would probably mean an extra £4m at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭budgemook

Barca won't make a decent offer though. They'll unsettle the player by having all their players talk about him and then bid 10 million. When Liverpool refuse they'll moan away about how we are being unreasonable and it'll all end with an unhappy Agger leaving on deadline day after not turning up for the City game for 15 million.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

budgemook wrote: »
    Barca won't make a decent offer though. They'll unsettle the player by having all their players talk about him and then bid 10 million. When Liverpool refuse they'll moan away about how we are being unreasonable and it'll all end with an unhappy Agger leaving on deadline day after not turning up for the City game for 15 million.

No, that's next summers saga after he doesn't leave this summer nor sign a new deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

I'm hearing murmours that Sahin deal is done for the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

El Spearo wrote: »

I hear voices in my head all the time unfortunetly thay are of no use to anyone as I can not provide a source for these voices!

I believe the convention is to post where you hear said murmurs or else get treated with the requisite pinches of salt. My guess is that it if were already a done deal, there is only a small amount of time between that happening and it becoming public knowledge, so the window for ordinary Joe's to be hearing discreet murmurs is pretty tiny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Loan deal murmurs??

Ugh..

Well you go away with your Ugh, I really hope Carroll gets his chance this season. Feck the begrudgers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

I am trying my best to optismistic about LFC this year and indeed BR, we really need an over achieving manager as it is going to be really difficult to dislodge the teams that finished above us last year, while i dont think we have regressed i dont really see how we have improved, we are still lacking a natural goal scorer, Borini will just be a younger Kuyt and i cant see him scoring more than 10 goals next season, Dempsey will do nothing for us if signed, he will become a cult figure if nothing else, our defence is great once no one gets injured and our midfield is strong enough once LL stays injury free as im not too sure about Allen, I think the owners are genuine enough but maybe relied on the fair play rule been 100% fair but i dont think that will ever be the case and i dont think they have the funds or the desire to spend what is required to push on up into the CL places.

I think BR will be a top manager in years to come, i think he took the LFC job at the wrong time.

I think Downing will have a very good season.

I think Suarez will be fantastic but his speed of thought will be too much for alot of his team mates and his goal scoring form will suffer because of it.

I think if Agger goes then it will have a serious effect on the players who remain esp skirtle and i cant see them bringing in anyone close to his pedigree to replace him.

All in all i see a similar finnish to last year, i wont be blaming BR or the players, fees win you headlines but wages win you titles, that or a extrordinary manager who has extrordinary vision.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

5starpool wrote: »
    I believe the convention is to post where you hear said murmurs or else get treated with the requisite pinches of salt. My guess is that it if were already a done deal, there is only a small amount of time between that happening and it becoming public knowledge, so the window for ordinary Joe's to be hearing discreet murmurs is pretty tiny.

true enough...no ive been away from this for a couple hours, and just first thing i saw was a link on a page i never trust just saying it was done. so if noone else heard it i will return to hating that page...facebook is the devil for showing me what i wanna see.

for those interested this is the only supporting evidence...flimsy as a tree in this wind so tis.
    https://twitter.com/aykutTyildirim

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I've not seen anybody reliable confirm the Sahin deal yet.
    No point in getting carried away yet. Only setting ourselves up for a big fall.
    Of the two loan players linked from Spain Sahin is definitely the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Well you go away with your Ugh, I really hope Carroll gets his chance this season. Feck the begrudgers!

I hope he gets his chance....

....for any other team than Liverpool.

Big lump of shyte.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Des, what's the craic with the Sahin news? Should we be getting excited or are we just being ridiculous?

We have a right to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,288 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I am pie wrote: »

Big lump of shyte.[/QUOTE]
    Referring to your own post im assuming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

billybudd wrote: »
    I am trying my best to optismistic about LFC this year and indeed BR, we really need an over achieving manager as it is going to be really difficult to dislodge the teams that finished above us last year, while i dont think we have regressed i dont really see how we have improved, we are still lacking a natural goal scorer, Borini will just be a younger Kuyt and i cant see him scoring more than 10 goals next season, Dempsey will do nothing for us if signed, he will become a cult figure if nothing else, our defence is great once no one gets injured and our midfield is strong enough once LL stays injury free as im not too sure about Allen, I think the owners are genuine enough but maybe relied on the fair plays rule been 100% fair but i dont think that will ever be the case and i dont think they have the funds or the desire to spend what is required to push on up into the CL places.

I think BR will be a top manager in years to come, i think he took the LFC job at the wrong time.

I think Downing will have a very good season.

I think Suarez will be fantastic but his speed of thought will be too much for alot of his team mates and his goal scoring form will suffer because of it.

I think if Agger goes then it will have a serious effect on the players who remain esp skirtle and i cant see them bringing in anyone close to his pedigree to replace him.

All in all i see a simular finnish to last year, i wont be blaming BR or the players, fees win you headlines but wages win you titles, that or a extrordinary manager who has extrordinary vision.

Well i think spurs will struggle with Villas boas and suffer a slump after redknapp, arsenal will struggle for goals if van persie goes and newcastle will never be that good again so I'm optismistic that 4th place is a realastic target.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Big lump of shyte.[/QUOTE]
    Referring to your own post im assuming.

No, not at all. I was referring to your response via the means of time travel, confined specifically to this thread.

I hope Mr Andy Carroll has played his last useless, lumbering brainless game for Liverpool FC.

Hopefully that should cut down on the need for your 'assumptions'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

niallo27 wrote: »
    Well i think spurs will struggle with Villas boas and suffer a slump after redknapp, arsenal will struggle for goals if van persie goes and newcastle will never be that good again so I'm optismistic that 4th place is a realastic target.

Truly hope your right!

Newcastle have a very good team, it was no fluke.

Arsenal have recruited well and will prosper without RVP as they have done before when he was injured for long lenghts of time.

Spurs possibly will struggle but again they have a fantastic team and AVB has a lot to prove and may get the backing of the players.

OK. Best source so far. Oliver Kay has said Sahin deal will be announced late tonight or early tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

So has borini done enough to start on the weekend . Or will he be sub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Murmours?....they leaks from Mourinho?....must be true so, once hopefully the 50million plus Iniesta for Agger is completed by the weekend too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Big lump of shyte.

There are plenty of valid criticsicms when it comes to Carroll, saying he just a lump of shyte/donkey etc. is just bollox tbh and something i'd expect from a United/chelsea/spurs etc. fan. The chap knocked Everton out of the semi of the FA cup and almost single handedly won us the FA cup after the rest of the team bottled it. He doesn't deserve the abuse he gets from our own fans, thankfully the Anfield crowd always give him a good reception.

• Advertisement

cloptrop wrote: »
    So has borini done enough to start on the weekend . Or will he be sub.

Yay.....fantasy football is back.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Murmours?....they leaks from Mourinho?....must be true so, once hopefully the 50million plus Iniesta for Agger is completed by the weekend too.

Oliver Kay has just confirmed it :)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I may need new pants.

db47838de159eee40f9417e072ef1fe3.png

Tell him nothing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Holy **** cant believe we are getting Sahin. Even if it is only on Loan. The guy is quality. Watched him for Dortmund and thought madrid got an absolute bargain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

amiable wrote: »

Tell him nothing :D
    had suarez but sold him for double gameweek torress. Could only afford borini then .
    I think he will be a starter unless br tries one last time to put big andy in the shop window.

• Advertisement

-Ade- wrote: »
    I may need new pants.

OK, that's a bit better as a source alright. As for Sahin himself, I've not seen a whole pile of him playing, only a few times, but I trust from the general level of creaming that it would be an extremely good thing, even if only for a year. Apart from the Mascherano thing though which was slightly different, I can't think of another high profile first team loan signing for Liverpool, so it's definitely a departure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Lucas, Sahin, Allen, Gerrard, Henderson, Shelvely, Spearing. Time to dust off that best midfield in the world song.

It's our year, boys!

Duncan Jenkins has confirmed it now too

Oliver Kay has just confirmed it :)

Am I jumping the gun or is it ok to laugh now?

I'd be shocked if Sahin agreed to join Liverpool. There would be plenty of clubs in the Champions League willing to sign him (on loan or permanently). Why would he chose Liverpool, a Europa League side who haven't played in the CL since 2009, over clubs like Arsenal or even Spurs?

It doesn't add up and just sounds like twitter nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

OK. Best source so far. Oliver Kay has said Sahin deal will be announced late tonight or early tomorrow

Wooohoo! that's enough for me.

/orders home jersey with Sahin printed on the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Delighted with the deal but would love if we had an option to buy in there. Would hate if he has a great year and we lose him back to Madrid or even elsewhere. I wonder have we an option to buy in there somewhere. Come on Jose, help us out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

5starpool wrote: »
    OK, that's a bit better as a source alright. As for Sahin himself, I've not seen a whole pile of him playing, only a few times, but I trust from the general level of creaming that it would be an extremely good thing, even if only for a year. Apart from the Mascherano thing though which was slightly different, I can't think of another high profile first team loan signing for Liverpool, so it's definitely a departure.

Anelka!

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/rodgers-hopeful-of-new-faces

Brendan Rodgers today confirmed work is continuing to bolster Liverpool's squad before the close of the summer transfer window at the end of August.

The boss has revealed the Reds are in contact with other clubs and he is optimistic of adding to the ranks ahead of the deadline.

Rodgers told Liverpoolfc.com: "There has been contact and communication with the clubs. The team of people behind myself are working very, very hard in relation to those targets.

"We hope that within the next number of weeks those will bear fruit.

"The work has been continual right the way through to try and get in players that fit the profile of Liverpool and the team. Like I say, I would hope there would be a couple more signings before the end of August."

The manager added: "We obviously haven't brought in too many players, but there are some players that have gone out for a number of reasons.

"There is still a lot of work to do within the group and there will probably be more changes between now and the end of August in terms of ins and outs.

"Come the end of August when everyone is here, we can be real focused and be together, and start on the journey to hopefully having a real good campaign."

In terms of players Rodgers already has at his disposal, the Northern Irishman has been delighted with the way they have adapted to his methods and philosophies since he was appointed as Liverpool manager on June 1.

"The players are developing very well and I've been extremely pleased with the attitude and the application of the group since I came in," he explained.

"It's been difficult because a lot of the players returned at different times, but we've played two competitive games already and I've been encouraged and enthused by what I've seen.

"There's no doubt that we always have to be looking to evolve and get better, and that's something myself and the club are looking to do with the team.

"But certainly at this stage we're in a good moment and we're really looking forward to the first game - and we'll look to get started with a nice positive result."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

OK I have been restraining myself but Oliver Kay doesn't do B.S .

HAPPY OUT !

tumblr_li3ocevVLl1qeer5v.gif
    tumblr_m2v6ezKMBR1r2wcjz.gif
    tumblr_m7l6e7kA5I1r4oaqj.gif
    tumblr_m7l75xbPg81r4oaqj.gif

If you had said we could land Sahin not so long ago then I would have laughed at you .
    Now we need to do everything to keep him with us ..let operation Happy Sahin commence.

Am I jumping the gun or is it ok to laugh now?

Lets see him signed first.
    Duncan Jenkins says he's flying in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I won't believe it until he's in the jersey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

Very exciting, but I'm still not going to let out that sigh of relief til I see him at an LFC press conference.

our year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

-Ade- wrote: »
    I may need new pants.

tumblr_m6zmb4wmNd1r6jkako2_500.gif

borat-approves-meme-generator-i-am-very-excite-8d6743.jpg?1312443012.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

How we've managed to get him to come here over Arsenal is incredible. I know many factors will have been involved but at the end of the day our manager targets and signs the players so Rodgers deserves an enormous amount of credit for pulling this off.

Opr

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement