Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Rodgers 1-0 Doubters

He’s proving that big players will want to play for him. Agger wants to stay, Suarez signs a new deal, Skrtel about to sign a new deal. Sahin choosing us over Arsenal. I thought they would only play under a Benitez or a Van Gaal?

Long way to go, but, hey, we’re 1-0 up. Something to hang on to.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

amiable wrote: »

I told you all it was in the bag :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Two weeks ago I would of literally told you to fuck off if you said we could genuinely sign Sahin.

Lloyd would of told you to go choke on your Kool Aid :p

Feels good to be able to get a genuine top quality player. Suarez aside we haven't been able to do that in an awful long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

Rodgers 1-0 Doubters

He’s proving that big players will want to play for him. Agger wants to stay, Suarez signs a new deal, Skrtel about to sign a new deal. Sahin choosing us over Arsenal. I thought they would only play under a Benitez or a Van Gaal?

Let's not get carried away. Sahin could just be a big FGTH fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Bastards getting him would have loved him at United .

Midfield 3 of Lucas Allen Sahin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Sahin coming here would be excellent news, but the thing is Rodgers is unlikely start him regularly over Allen, he's just spent 15m on the guy. Lucas is a nailed on certainty and Gerrard is likely to play the role behind the striker so I don't see Sahin as a regular league starter. He'll obviously play plenty due to rotation and injury but unless he's absolutely superb I don't see him displacing Allen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Sahin coming here would be excellent news, but the thing is Rodgers is unlikely start him regularly over Allen, he's just spent 15m on the guy. Lucas is a nailed on certainty and Gerrard is likely to play the role behind the striker so I don't see Sahin as a regular league starter. He'll obviously play plenty due to rotation and injury but unless he's absolutely superb I don't see him displacing Allen.

Sahin will be a nailed on starter, guaranteed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Of course he'll be a regular starter. He won't be coming here to sit on the bench. Rodgers will have guaranteed him being a first team player to Jose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Far better business than last summer.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

7c5e536c4bd24bf0f38f80c6d5fe2914.png

:pac:

Shout out to Mourinho too, who most reliable media seem to say that he really wanted Nuri to join us.

Honestly, couldn't be ****ing more delighted right now. Favourite BVB player in my time supporting the club since 2006, looking all but likely to be playing for LFC for the next season at the very least. Unreal :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

All together now ...

"We've got the best Midfield in the world"

Leiva wrote: »
    All together now ...

"We've got the best Midfield in the world"

It'll help ease the pain of losing the Maxi Rodriguez song that's for sure :D

Knex. wrote: »
    Sahin will be a nailed on starter, guaranteed.
    Of course he'll be a regular starter. He won't be coming here to sit on the bench. Rodgers will have guaranteed him being a first team player to Jose.

I hope so. But I just think Rodgers finds himself in an awkward position now. It's a fantastic problem but keeping everybody happy will be difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

-Ade- wrote: »
    I may need new pants.

db47838de159eee40f9417e072ef1fe3.png

Charlie-Adam-playing-for--007.jpg

I don't know which is more of a positive. The prospect of Sahin starting or the prospect of Adam not

• Advertisement

LiamoSail wrote: »

Sahin is basically everything that Charlie Adam wants to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I hope so. But I just think Rodgers finds himself in an awkward position now. It's a fantastic problem but keeping everybody happy will be difficult.

It's not an awkward position tbh. He can play Allen, Lucas, Sahin in the middle and then Gerrard up top on the right of the front 3. I don't he'll have any problem sticking Allen on the bench either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Rodgers 1-0 Doubters

pathetic post is pathetic

I am one of the people that is not singing Rodgers praises for no reason other than he was made Liverpool manager but I will give him credit for this signing so fair play to him now if he keeps agger and carroll and brings in a winger I will give him even more credit.

all he has to do now is win football matches, easy peasy!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

FFS...talk about Buzz Killington.

How could Rodgers have an awkward position by signing a player he wanted?

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭skydish79

Brilliant work by the club to get sahin to sign

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I presume he will be playing for Turkey later on this evening if anyone wants to get a look.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Rodgers 1-0 Doubters

pathetic post is pathetic

I am one of the people that is not singing Rodgers praises for no reason other than he was made Liverpool manager but I will give him credit for this signing so fair play to him now if he keeps agger and carroll and brings in a winger I will give him even more credit.

all he has to do now is win football matches, easy peasy!!!

Just trying to counter one of the arguments made against Rodgers. I'm well aware, and I said as much in my post, that there is a long way to go

murpho999 wrote: »
    FFS...talk about Buzz Killington.

How could Rodgers have an awkward position by signing a player he wanted?

I'm delighted. I'd say Rodgers is little surprised himself that he got Sahin but well done to him. But the thought struck me that he has a lot of good players competing for 3 spots.

I'd be surprised if Rodgers sees Gerrard as the man for the right side role but if he does fair enough and the midfield looks great on paper. I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Lucas, Sahin, Allen, Gerrard, Henderson, Shelvely, Spearing. Time to dust off that best midfield in the world song.

It's our year, boys!

I loved this

I don't know which is more of a positive. The prospect of Sahin starting or the prospect of Adam not

Great photo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

NOTHING HAS HAPPENED YET!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Can't believe we might get Sahin.
    .... only heard he existed a few days ago though.

mike65 wrote: »

Still playing catchup with the ol dialup Mike? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I'm delighted. I'd say Rodgers is little surprised himself that he got Sahin but well done to him. But the thought struck me that he has a lot of good players competing for 3 spots.

I'd be surprised if Rodgers sees Gerrard as the man for the right side role but if he does fair enough and the midfield looks great on paper. I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

It's good to have competition for places. Stops complacency, improves standards and keeps squad on their toes.

Also, gives higher quality back up for injuries, cup games etc.

I'm trying not to, but it's hard not to be excited about this even if we have only one/two reputable sources saying it.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Knex. wrote: »
    Still playing catchup with the ol dialup Mike? :p

He's right though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Sappy404 wrote: »
    They said something similar a few days ago but since then we've heard plenty about him coming.
    Colemania wrote: »
    Well that barcastuff guy rarely tweets rubbish so I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.
    PaulieC wrote: »
    True but at the end of the day it's still Twitter - a cesspit of transfer rumours & going ons imo

Barcastuff, in this tweet, is literally relaying what Mundo Deportivo said. Mundo Deportivo being a big Spanish paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Twitter has really meant there's a lot to be said for the 'I won't believe it until I see him in the shirt' approach.

At least that's how I approach Arsenal transfer news now.

5starpool wrote: »
    He's right though.

I know, more or less acknowledged it in my next post.

At the same time, no smoke without fire and all that and this seems to be really picking up pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

If we get sahin,we will have a very good midfield line with subs included..with the likes of downing,hendo,adam,sterling..serious stuff for impact subs imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

G.K. wrote: »
    Barcastuff, in this tweet, is literally relaying what Mundo Deportivo said. Mundo Deportivo being a big Spanish paper.
    I really don't care - I just fúcking hate Twitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

I really don't care - I just fúcking hate Twitter
    In terms of hating software, it's no SkyNet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Ape X wrote: »
    In terms of hating software, it's no SkyNet.

Get T800 on the right wing and it will be our year, might lack a bit of pace but he makes up for it in determination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Take your big sensible head out of here or take the jump . I have it's fun :o

• Advertisement

Srijandeep Das ‏@jeremy_LFC
    #LFC will hold talks with Barcelona S.Director Andoni Zubizarreta & Constantin Dumitrascu for Tello in the coming hours, to discuss options.

He also mentions Ryan Babel is off Fiorentina today.

Opr

I believe nothing regarding Sahin until I see him play

Sahin, this time last year talking about being linked with Inter
    Still, that wasn't as bad as the story I read which said I'd signed for Liverpool - which obviously wasn't true [laughs]

http://es.zinio.com/reader.jsp?issue=416171451&o=int&prev=sub&p=110

Give it a few days after he signs a contract and is unveiled alright....just to be safe

Give it a few days after he signs a contract and is unveiled alright....just to be safe

Robert Jarni, Dave Unsworth, Portuguese lad, attacking midfielder who played for Fiorintina and Milan, with a day in Parma inbetween. Embarrassed I can't recall his name right now, quality player. You can't be too careful

Anyone think we should look at bringing in Royston Drenthe?

A bit of a head case, but a decent player available on a free. Could be worth a shot on a short term deal and see how he does

Edit. Rui Costa

Robert Jarni, Dave Unsworth, Portuguese lad, attacking midfielder who played for Fiorintina and Milan, with a day in Parma inbetween. Embarrassed I can't recall his name right now, quality player. You can't be too careful

Anyone think we should look at bringing in Royston Drenthe?

A bit of a head case, but a decent player available on a free. Could be worth a shot on a short term deal and see how he does

Edit. Rui Costa
    Drenthe could be handy for a number of reasons - he can play as a wing back, winger or CM and he's handy in most of those positions.

Definite head case though - do you remember Liverpool vs. Feyenoord pre season a few years ago?

Drenthe was flying in for the majority of that game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Sahin, this time last year talking about being linked with Inter

http://es.zinio.com/reader.jsp?issue=416171451&o=int&prev=sub&p=110

Hmmm, isn't there a rumour that he wanted to go to Arsenal too? I'm not going to count my chickens until I see just how committed he is in the red shirt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WE have the best midfield in the world!
    WE have Jay Spearing, Joey Cole,
    Adam and Jonjoooooooo!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Mike we have fiber optic in Waterford. Get rid of that dial up :D

That quote doesn't show up in any other place. In fact when you do a google search the first and only direct hit is this thread. How did you come across it? A whole interview had been made up by an Arsenal fan last week which went round the internet but turned out to be rubbish.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Didn't Rodgers say something about a signing that would make everybody very excited?

Wonder is this it? :D Very underwhelming if so. :pac:

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Off topic lads but whats the best match to watch tonight? Ireland match will be alright to see how McCarthy does.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement