Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

opr wrote: »
    That quote doesn't show up in any other place. In fact when you do a google search the first and only direct hit is this thread. How did you come across it? A whole interview had been made up by an Arsenal fan last week which went round the internet but turned out to be rubbish.

Opr

I mentioned it on here a number of days ago. I recalled reading it in fourfourtwo (not online, the actual magazine) last year so did a search for it and just found the online magazine viewer. I'm sure I still have the actual magazine somewhere as I keep them. Its definitely genuine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Has anyone set up a Fantasy Football league for the thread this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Don't know if this crowd are reliable ?

LiverpoolFC ‏@LFC5timesNews
    Martin Kelly has been told by Brendan Rodgers, that he intends to use him at Centre Half in the long term, The defender will be offered a new long term contract over the coming months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well it has an obvious logic him being a centre half! That he has not played one minute in the role for the first team should not fool us (wonder is he any good?).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Has anyone set up a Fantasy Football league for the thread this year?

I did just now, knock yerself out. If theres another one will just cancel and merge but not seen one.

211229-304096

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Hmmm, isn't there a rumour that he wanted to go to Arsenal too? I'm not going to count my chickens until I see just how committed he is in the red shirt.

sahin's said to prefer arsenal, arsenal looking for the option to buy was holding up the deal, then they couldn't agree on how much wages were to be paid by each club too. but it was said that it'll not happen after cazorla signed unless song or someone else left

there's rumours mourinho want's him to go to l'pool, probably be guaranteed more game time there, & alonso is supposed to told him about l'pool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

mike65 wrote: »
    Well it has an obvious logic him being a centre half! That he has not played one minute in the role for the first team should not fool us (wonder is he any good?).

Seeing as he doesn't cost that much to have hanging around we may as well try him there. He's sure as **** not good enough at RB.

Quick (for a CB), alright on the ball, a decent defender. I dunno is he going to be an amazing CB but it seems to suit him better on the face of it.

Gbear wrote: »
    Seeing as he doesn't cost that much to have hanging around we may as well try him there. He's sure as **** not good enough at RB.

Quick (for a CB), alright on the ball, a decent defender. I dunno is he going to be an amazing CB but it seems to suit him better on the face of it.

Does Robinson play at RB?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

Does Robinson play at RB?

Robinson's left, think your talking about flanagan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Kelly spent much of his time in youth football at CB.

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

daithijjj wrote: »
    I did just now, knock yerself out. If theres another one will just cancel and merge but not seen one.

211229-304096

Has this code worked for anyone else? Im told it's not a valid code when i try to enter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Off topic RVP gone to Utd £24m

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

Off topic RVP gone to Utd

He will be injured within a month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

Has this code worked for anyone else? Im told it's not a valid code when i try to enter.

Just tried and it worked for me.

NoelJ wrote: »
    Robinson's left, think your talking about flanagan?

Knew Flanagan was RB, wasn't sure about Robinson....can't see Flanagan being a long term RB at the club though.

Its the site. Im in a few leagues, half of them gave me that message before i tried the second time and got in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

If the rumours of the Sahin deal being concluded later tonight are true, it is a serious coup for us, be it on loan or not. Great player and can't wait to see him line out for us :D

Yeah it's working for me now. The sites been awful lately a few of my friends haven't been able to register yet.

gaelicred wrote: »
    He will be injured within a month

Waited for his first full season injury free and bailed for the $. Not sure im allowed an opinion ;) but thats top dollar for him and good business for Arsenal for a 29 yr old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Waited for his first full season injury free and bailed for the $. Not sure im allowed an opinion ;) but thats top dollar for him and good business for Arsenal for a 29 yr old.

Also wondering how he'll pair up with Rooney.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

murpho999 wrote: »
    Also wondering how he'll pair up with Rooney.

Hopefully terribly, but probably not :(

Im not sure what to think of it really. Im still having trouble believing Van Persie's going to line up in a United shirt next season. Itl be interesting to see how Fergie accomadates Van Persie, rooney, Welbeck and Hernandez. Perhaps Fergie's planning on using the Brazil 1970 4-2-4 formation :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

You think he's going to United for money? I'm not an Arsenal or Untied fan but it's fairly obvious this is his last chance to win the league, cause Arsenal are not going to finish ahead of City in the foreseeable future.

As much as it will hurt Arsenal fans it's a super deal for them. Still I'm sure at this stage they're sick and tired of hearing how well run the club is from a business standpoint while winning nothing.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

Im not sure what to think of it really. Im still having trouble believing Van Persie's going to line up in a United shirt next season. Itl be interesting to see how Fergie accomadates Van Persie, rooney, Welbeck and Hernandez. Perhaps Fergie's planning on using the Brazil 1970 4-2-4 formation :pac:

Dont think he will do well at all at utd, terrible business, he had his one good season. 24 million :pac::pac::pac::pac: Berbatov strike 2!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Massive shot in the arm for our chances of fourth.

RVP gone, Sahin (seemingly) choosing us, Wilshire still injured, and Song halfway out the door to Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Massive shot in the arm for our chances of fourth.

RVP gone, Sahin (seemingly) choosing us, Wilshire still injured, and Song halfway out the door to Barca.

I'm sure most of us thought the same last Summer.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

billybudd wrote: »
    Dont think he will do well at all at utd, terrible business, he had his one good season. 24 million :pac::pac::pac::pac: Berbatov strike 2!

Berba was top scorer and won the league with them :confused:

LiamoSail wrote: »

Given the money paid for him he can only be considered a disappointment.

You think he's going to United for money? I'm not an Arsenal or Untied fan but it's fairly obvious this is his last chance to win the league, cause Arsenal are not going to finish ahead of City in the foreseeable future.

I think it was his last chance to get nice $, look at his record of injuries, averaged 23 league games up until last season. Perfect timing. Not saying he wont do well for them but its tidy money for him at 24m. Impossible to turn that down given his history. Fantastic player but last season was an anomaly for him.

• Advertisement

K-9 wrote: »
    I'm sure most of us thought the same last Summer.

Couldnt agree more, in fact i think Arsenal will do much better this year as really RVP was the last of the group of quality players that where held in such esteem, i think the Arsenal squad now will kick on without that on their backs and last year they looked very fluent with an edgier presence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Berba anyone ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I hope not. That will see him score 20+ goals, be the league's top scorer and have a winners medal by the end of it.

Very interested to see what happens to Hernandez and Welbeck now tbh. Also, how can they fit Kagawa, RVP and Rooney into the same team?

Would think that one from Nani, Valencia and Young will see their game time severely diminished in the PL.

I think if United are gonna even try and put that attacking a line up out they're gonna need a lot more than Carrick by himself trying to hold it all together.

LiamoSail wrote: »

That is a fair point but in general his transfer was seen as a failure and he did fail to live up to expectations.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Leiva wrote: »
    Berba anyone ?
    No thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Berba anyone ?

No way! He was overrated.

Utd would never ever sell to LFC anyway.

Also amazed what a statement Arsenal are now saying by selling to their biggest rival.

No longer the invincibles, no longer main rival to Utd and now a feeder club.

I think it sends all the wrong messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

I think it was his last chance to get nice $, look at his record of injuries, averaged 23 league games up until last season. Perfect timing. Not saying he wont do well for them but its tidy money for him at 24m. Impossible to turn that down given his history. Fantastic player but last season was an anomaly for him.

Fair enough, no doubt it has played a part and I'm probably being naive but I think it was a decision between staying at Arsenal and becoming a legend there but not winning the league or moving to United and winning it (I think United will win it now with him signed). If it was all about the money he would of pushed for a move to City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Big andy is starting for england now on utv, will keep an eye on him.
    When the fcuk is lil' jay getting his call up?:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,504 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Berba anyone ?

on a free, paid 500 per minute played,
    Yes
    Other wise no,

Nail on the head...I reckon no matter where he moved to, this season would have put an end to the notions of him being World Class.

I expect at United he will perform similar to the level he performs at for Holland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

When the fcuk is lil' jay getting his call up?:mad:

He's too good, it'd be unfair on other teams

Given the money paid for him he can only be considered a disappointment.
    That is a fair point but in general his transfer was seen as a failure and he did fail to live up to expectations.

He wasn't signed for what he could do as an individual, but for what he could add to the team. He did add to the side, scored some important goals, was top scorer in the league and the club had a lot of success which he contributed towards

He didn't set the world alight, but can hardly describe a signing as disappointing when he finished the season as the league's top scorer. I can certainly think of far worse ways to spend that sort of money

Nail on the head...I reckon no matter where he moved to, this season would have put an end to the notions of him being World Class.

I expect at United he will perform similar to the level he performs at for Holland.

Ive already forgotten about him and his xfer.

Im thinking of jingles for this coming season.

So far ive only thought of a line or two from that old moody blues classic.......'nights in white Sahin'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Without RVP Arsenal might really struggle, would never pick him as a premier league top goalscorer as he is injury prone apart from last season. However 24m as opposed to nothing is good business if they qualify still for C.L. Think 4th place is between 3 to 4 teams now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

Steven81 wrote: »
    Without RVP Arsenal might really struggle,
    I doubt it. Podolski will be banging them in for them I reckon. I also reckon the RVP money will be used to bring in a big name striker before the end of the month. We're still a big level below Arsenal imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I doubt it. Podolski will be banging them in for them I reckon. I also reckon the RVP money will be used to bring in a big name striker before the end of the month. We're still a big level below Arsenal imo

Wenger was supposedly asked on French TV if he'll buy a replacement, and answered that they bought his replacement earlier in the summer.

Podolski is not a 20 goal a season striker, and Giroud is totally unproven -- could be the next Chamakh for all we know at this stage.

It's a different situation to losing Nasri and Cesc last summer, because they still had a core nucleus in RVP, Song, Walcott, Vermalean. It now looks like 3 of those 4 could be playing elsewhere come September, and very few players left to step up. Can Wenger rely on Oxlade-Chamberlain and Ramsey?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

No chance mate Wenger/The Arsenal board aint gonna sign a big name striker with the money, that money is going straight into the coffers. Hope you're right about Podolski though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Disagree, its a huge blow on the pitch (while making financial sense) for Arsenal.

Its not nice seeing United pick up such a player, but its all about getting 4th for us for the forseeable future, and the huge financial upside to doing so resulting in better players coming in etc etc.

Arsenal and Spurs are the first two results we should be watching out for this season. Its unpleasant because its United, but this is a positive thing for us.

• Advertisement

The boys together watching the football tonight.
    At home with Lucas Leiva, ready for watch the friendly's match! Come on "La celeste"

579968_477976495560757_1193453248_n.jpg

Opr

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement