Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Off topic RVP gone to Utd £24m

This is Fergie going "all in" for his last season as manager to try and win one more CL and one more PL. No way he'd have paid that money (or the owners would have let him) were it not going to be his last season in charge. He wants to go out on a high and I'll bet he had to put a gun to the owners head to get agreement also.

Big gamble for a 29 year old injury prone player with one seriously good season behind him (where he was by far the big dog in the team) as well as a poor Euro finals.

He won't necessarily slot into the Manc's team that easily. There will have to be some adjustments made and that alone could cost them early season points.

Can't see Rooney being over the moon about this :-)

Ben

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Arsenal thread that way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Is the Sahin deal 100% certain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Yakult wrote: »
    Arsenal thread that way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I thought it was <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< thata way !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

djPSB wrote: »
    Is the Sahin deal 100% certain?

Well it hasn't been confirmed by the club but Oliver Kay from the Times and Duncan Jenkins both say it has been completed and will be announced late tonight or tomorrow.

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Why isn't Sahin playing tonight does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

daithijjj wrote: »
    I did just now, knock yerself out. If theres another one will just cancel and merge but not seen one.

211229-304096

Nice one....some classy team names in there.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

EDIT Nevermind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Ah here, I'll be ****ed if I'm going to take Oliver Kay's word as gospel.

He's generally reliable. You're not getting him confused with Ollie Holt by any chance are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Jordon Rhodes scored for Scotland. That man just hasn't been able to stop scoring the past few seasons.

Wonder would he cut it in the PL? Still only 22 and my God, he can finish.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ah here, I'll be ****ed if I'm going to take Oliver Kay's word as gospel.

Off topic, but that's a strange phrase (I know you didn't make it up). Considering the gospels are made up stories about an ancient wizard and his invisible buddies, it's odd how the usage is still commonplace.

He's generally reliable. You're not getting him confused with Ollie Holt by any chance are you?

:o

Carry on, nothing to see here. :pac:

5starpool wrote: »
    Off topic, but that's a strange phrase (I know you didn't make it up). Considering the gospels are made up stories about an ancient wizard and his invisible buddies, it's odd how the usage is still commonplace.

It's all about The Gospel According To Twitter now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

According to Brown Sources...

5starpool wrote: »

Controversial, to take it to A&A pal. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

According to Brown Sources...

The street's the place to goooooo.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

daithijjj wrote: »
    I did just now, knock yerself out. If theres another one will just cancel and merge but not seen one.

211229-304096

I'm in. There was another one last year but it doesnt seem to have been renewed yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,504 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Knex. wrote: »
    It's all about The Gospel According To Twitter now.
    Let us pray Sahin to be announced soon, Amen

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtjWK0ZEcruzrlo__c3CFuJmQ-fQJin3APGfAmHea6R_C8kAEh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,504 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Dickerty wrote: »
    The street's the place to goooooo.....

Sahin should be announced at just about half past ten,,,,,,,,,

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Nice one....some classy team names in there.:pac:

Agreed. Take a bow david joseph (whoever you are?) awesome pun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Aqua man looking decent for Italy tonight:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Jaysus, we took selling Torres rather well, all things considered! Arsenal fans in breakdown.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

So Sahin is in presumably. Where does that leave Stevie? First choice midfield will be Lucas, Allen and Sahin I think.

I'd imagine either right wing or in the centre? Probably the best place for him too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Melion wrote: »
    So Sahin is in presumably. Where does that leave Stevie? First choice midfield will be Lucas, Allen and Sahin I think.

Tranquilo

K-9 wrote: »
    Jaysus, we took selling Torres rather well, all things considered! Arsenal fans in breakdown.

I don't think you remember this thread very well when it happened. I know one video had nearly everyone on thread close to tears :pac:

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Reina
    Johnson---Skrtel----Agger----Enrique
    Lucas
    Allen
    Sahin
    Gerrard
    Suarez
    Borini.

Jaysus that's not too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Melion wrote: »

Rotation, ya'd forget lucas is only back from a massive injury by the way he's looked so far but he can't be expected to always play. Tis a long season, we'll be well stacked in midfield for once :D I reckon adam will be sold and spearing will lose his spot on the bench, would love to see joe get shipped out too.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Nuri has to do his medical unless I'm somehow mistaken, so hopefully things will be concluded tomorrow. Anything earlier ie: tonight, would be a bonus.

• Advertisement

Gbear wrote: »

Reina
    Lucas
    Allen
    Sahin
    Gerrard
    Suarez
    Borini.

It would be our best starting 11 in 3-4 years tbh.

I would put that down as a CL worthy team.

We've got the best midfield in the world.............

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Can't wait for Kate Cohen's in depth analysis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

It would be our best starting 11 in 3-4 years tbh.

I would put that down as a CL worthy team.

3 years ago liverpool had masch, alonso, torres and gerrard all in their primes

that side looks midtable

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

rossie1977 wrote: »

that side looks midtable

That's a worse statement then the guy who said Baseball was better then football last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

that side looks midtable

That side will be a lot better than mid table

• Advertisement

opr wrote: »
    I don't think you remember this thread very well when it happened. I know one video had nearly everyone on thread close to tears :pac:

Opr

Ah yeah, always more entertaining when it's a rival, especial one that Piers Morgan supports.
    Gbear wrote: »

Reina
    Lucas
    Allen
    Sahin
    Gerrard
    Suarez
    Borini.

Not too shabby and we'll have at least £70 Million on the bench! :o

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

that side looks midtable

Could argue Suarez, Lucas, Sahin, Johnson, Agger and Skrtle all in their primes right now.

I'm not saying that this team is as good as that side, sure they came 2nd in the league with our highest ever point tally, but its certainly the best in a long while and I would be confident of a decent push for CL places instead of the 6th I was predicting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Is/was allen playing for wales tonight? Seen there that they're 2-0 down against bosnia

that side looks midtable

In fairness that was our best team in over 20 years. When you consider we had Adam, Downing and Carroll as first teamers last Summer, its a step up.

So have we improved our squad from last season yet?

• Advertisement

Is/was allen playing for wales tonight? Seen there that they're 2-0 down against bosnia

He started the game anyway, dunno how long he played for though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Our year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Really massive coup for the club if we can secure Sahin, even just on loan.

If I recall, a poster mentioned him some time ago on here (Don't ask me who), said we should be knocking on Real Madrids door about this guy looking to take him on loan.

He was laughed out the door I recall, even by myself I might add :o

Allen and Sahin will transform our midfield. Young players with terrific experience and potential combined. And hopefully hunger aswell.

Good times

EDIT: The poster in question was Jayob10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Bloody hell people here are fickle.

Spent the summer up to Monday reading panicked posts about car salesmen and owners not knowing what they're at and how we're facing long term mediocrity, and now a set of tattooed knuckles and 2 unconfirmed loan deals and it's like Christmas here and we've a great chance of CL qualification.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

murpho999 wrote: »

Spent the summer up to Monday reading panicked posts about car salesmen and owners not knowing what they're at and how we're facing long term mediocrity, and now a set of tattooed knuckles and 2 unconfirmed loan deals and it's like Christmas here and we've a great chance of CL qualification.

Its been known for a long time now that football fans in general are a fickle bunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

That's why Liverpool fans are considered the most delusional fans in the World (and before anyone pipes up, I'm a Liverpool fan myself).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

looder wrote: »
    That's why Liverpool fans are considered the most delusional fans in the World (and before anyone pipes up, I'm a Liverpool fan myself).

I think you'll find RAWK is the reason for that. I don't think I'm being overly harsh in thinking that all regular posters on that site should be lined up and shot for being idiots. Or at the very least have their right to freedom of speech removed

I'm taking each bit of info on their merits and moving from there tbh.

Two weeks ago we looked in rag order, it was depressing and reminiscent of Hodgson's transfer window.

The info on Sahin looks good, I'm happy we have Allen and if a winger can be signed I think we will be in good shape for next year.

Add to that, from taking in as much as I can with regards the Agger scenario, I really do not see him leaving the club at all.

Today, from what I can gather and what I expect over the next few days/weeks, I'm happy.

There is no doubt that the squad posted including Sahin is good enough to challenge for top 4.

Remove Sahin, Allen and possibly Agger and you are where we were last week, that's a 6th-8th standard team.

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I think you'll find RAWK is the reason for that. I don't think I'm being overly harsh in thinking that all regular posters on that site should be lined up and shot for being idiots. Or at the very least have their right to freedom of speech removed

The transfer thread is genius at the moment. The mod who comes across a complete halfwit is having a nervous breakdown on the thread. It's very funny stuff.
    Away you go, dont care as Ive quite the modding as cant be arsed with the abuse some of you throw. Post your twitter and gifs and jizz, what the **** ever.

:pac:

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I'm taking each bit of info on their merits and moving from there tbh.

Two weeks ago we looked in rag order, it was depressing and reminiscent of Hodgson's transfer window.

The info on Sahin looks good, I'm happy we have Allen and if a winger can be signed I think we will be in good shape for next year.

Add to that, from taking in as much as I can with regards the Agger scenario, I really do not see him leaving the club at all.

Today, from what I can gather and what I expect over the next few days/weeks, I'm happy.

There is no doubt that the squad posted including Sahin is good enough to challenge for top 4.

Remove Sahin, Allen and possibly Agger and you are where we were last week, that's a 6th-8th standard team.

That's why people should wait till transfer windows are closed and business is done before passing judgement.

People here were just totally over-reacting to perceived non-activity and rumours.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement