Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

So for people who have a greater knowledge of Sahin then me. Would his signing lead to a team similar to

Lucas
    ----Sahin

Allen
    -Gerrard
    Saurez
    Borini

I'd love to see that attacking trio go out on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Can you direct me to the page. I have tried this thread but cant find your league :o

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056706203.

If you're copying and pasting the league code make sure you don't have a space at the end when entering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Glad that none of Gerrard, Suarez and Lucas were involved in the midweek internationals.

Looks like our involvement was as follows:

Reina 71mins
    Agger 75mins
    Skrtel 90mins
    Coates unused sub
    Allen 90mins
    Adam 90mins
    Carroll 45mins

Sahin came on as sub for Turkey after 60mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

League joined.
    Suarez Scorez!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Sappy404 wrote: »
    If you're copying and pasting the league code make sure you don't have a space at the end when entering.

Yes but I can't find where you pick your team. I'm a donk sorry :D

• Advertisement

Srijandeep Das ‏@jeremy_LFC
    Big day, today. Nuri Sahin ought to be finalised. Charlie Adam has been told that he will leave the club. #LFC waiting on Tello decision.

Interesting. It must be to Fulham for Dempsey + a few bob or to Everton as stated in the press today. It seems Moyse's brother is Adam's agent :cool:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Not many players have played for both. Beardsley, Ablett, Barmby and Xavier are the 4 that come to mind.

5starpool wrote: »
    Not many players have played for both. Beardsley, Ablett, Barmby and Xavier are the 4 that come to mind.

According to interwebs there have been quite a few. Some I didnt even know

Everton then Liverpool

Steve Mc Mahon 1979-1983

Abel Xavier 2002
    Nick Barmby 2000
    Dave Hickson 1959
    Tony McNamara 1957
    John Heydon 1949
    Bill Harthill 1936
    Jack Balmer 1935
    Thomas Johnson 1934
    Frank Mitchell 1919
    Bill Lacey 1912
    Tom Gracie 1912
    Don Sloan 1908
    David Murray 1904
    Abe Hartley 1897
    Alex Latta 1896
    Fred Geary 1895 £60
    John Whitehead 1894
    Patrick Gordon 1893
    Duncan McLean 1892
    Tom Wylie 1892

Liverpool then Everton

Gary Ablett 1992
    Peter Beardsley 1991
    Alan Harper 1983
    Kevin Sheedy 1982
    David Johnson 1982
    Johnny Morrissey 1962
    Jimmy Payne 1956
    Dick Forshaw 1927
    Harold Uren 1912
    Benjamin Howard Baker 1910

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Damn, I had Steve McMahon in my head but we signed huim from Villa so I thought maybe his Everton connection in my head was from his battles with Reid in the 80's. He was Kenny's first signing I think? I'm guessing Kevin Sheedy was just a youth player for us? the rest I've never heard of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Kevin Sheedy, Steve McMahon and David Johnson I remember as well.

• Advertisement

Damn, I had Steve McMahon in my head but we signed huim from Villa so I thought maybe his Everton connection in my head was from his battles with Reid in the 80's. He was Kenny's first signing I think? I'm guessing Kevin Sheedy was just a youth player for us? the rest I've never heard of.

Yeah your correct. It was Kenny's first signing from Villa for £350k in 1985. And as for the rest not a clue who they are :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

thai red curry has entered the league :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Its mental how many managers brothers, nephews, dogs, uncles etc etc are football agents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Charlie Adam to Everton..... Please let it be true!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Charlie Adam anywhere to be fair!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

People are being far too disrespectful towards Adam..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Very quiet :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Was never going to be good enough for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'll feel bad when he's clapped by both sets of supporters on Merseyside. Nobody deserves that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I don't think so. No one has said he is awful or anything, just that he doesn't offer much for LFC anymore and would be better moved on. He is taking a wage but it's highly unlikely our season will hinge around whether he stays or goes, ergo it's best he goes.
    That said I like Charlie, but he doesnt fit the system and we have enough players in his position.

• Advertisement

I don't think so. No one has said he is awful or anything, just that he doesn't offer much for LFC anymore and would be better moved on. He is taking a wage but it's highly unlikely our season will hinge around whether he stays or goes, ergo it's best he goes.
    That said I like Charlie, but he doesnt fit the system and we have enough players in his position.

agreed. Just not good enough really but he tries his best and is capable of some good things. If he moves on all the best and if he stays I hope he can make a good contribution from the bench or in the cups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭NEDDURC

Adam is a decent player and I think he could do well at Everton. He is the type of player who needs to play every week to get to full fitness and make an impact.

Is Sahin arrives he'll be way down the pecking order of our mid-field. I would let him go. He's only 26 so think he'd be a great buy for someone else. Gibson, Adam, Felliani, Osman are all good goalscoring midfielders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I can't see Everton paying £5m for Adam. If there's no other interest, and if they know the club want him gone, they'll get him for far less, or even on loan

I wouldn't be so sure he'd be a guaranteed starter with them either, particularly with Ross Barkley likely to play alot more this season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Sheedy, McMahon, Westerveld, Don Hutchinson, Johnny Morrissey, Dave Hickson :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

And I was starting to get a little bit optimistic...thanks

*I'll qualify this with. at least he wont fail a medical:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

gafferino wrote: »
    agreed. Just not good enough really but he tries his best and is capable of some good things. If he moves on all the best and if he stays I hope he can make a good contribution from the bench or in the cups.

He always seemed to be just off the pace physically, seemed to be chasing the game when not in possession which led to some clumsy challenges. In fairness he would have looked much better if he had a season together with Lucas. Those fabulous corners seemed to tail off a bit in quality also..not sure what happened there.

Not good enough for the 1st team, which is where he would want to be i'm sure. Best he goes to Everton or Fulham, hope he gets his game and shines.

Hope he convinces Andy Carroll to follow him where ever he ends up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I can't see Everton paying £5m for Adam.

He is definately worth £5M. He does have very good delivery from corners and frees, takes a great penalty, and would work well in a team set up for counter-attacking. I think the difficulty may be in convincing him to leave...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Melion wrote: »
    Was never going to be good enough for us.

My ironometer has just exploded.

• Advertisement

Dickerty wrote: »
    He is definately worth £5M. He does have very good delivery from corners and frees, takes a great penalty, and would work well in a team set up for counter-attacking. I think the difficulty may be in convincing him to leave...

It's still reliant on economics though. If the club want rid, and there's only one realistic taker, they won't pay the £5m

You could say the exact same about Aqua

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I'd be curious to see how Adam operates under Rodgers but all the same, won't lose any sleep if he's sold. £5m would be very enticing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

:confused:

Don`t you mean "had"?

All his corners for the last few matches I saw him play in were daisy cutters.

So whats the story with these 'big interviews' tonight? Is it the club channel? Are people expecting Sahin to be announced then?
    Certainly the ITK on twitter (Jenkins, Kay etc) thinks its done. Nothing from Ben Smith so far.
    Will rest easier when its official.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

BBC radio 5live 9.30 pm

it'll be on the iplayer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

And I was starting to get a little bit optimistic...thanks

*I'll qualify this with. at least he wont fail a medical:D

I reckon JC is the new Bellamy in the sense that he will be the experienced senior player used for the Europa league and cup games as well as off the bench and as cover for the wide left or CAM role in the PL.

If he can get back to full fitness I'd have no problem with him as a squad player. Pity his wages are so high but having said that 1/3 of his wages are reported to be his signing on fee as we didn't pay a transfer fee for him so that's something.

I have a feeling Buck will get the best out of JC and he did play a lot in France last year so I don't think he's a complete lost cause.

Ben

• Advertisement

:confused:

Don`t you mean "had"?

All his corners for the last few matches I saw him play in were daisy cutters.

Yeh, but he did score in pre-season. So add a million on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

tok9 wrote: »
    So for people who have a greater knowledge of Sahin then me. Would his signing lead to a team similar to

Lucas
    ----Sahin

Allen
    -Gerrard
    Saurez
    Borini

I'd love to see that attacking trio go out on the pitch.

More like

Lucas
    ---Sahin
    Allen

or most liikely

---Lucas
    Allen---
    Sahin

Sahin is a very adaptable midfield player though and can play in CM or as an AM. But as he is a much superior player in attacking terms to both Allen or Lucas, I can see him being the more advanced of the three when/if all are on the pitch.

Makes it interesting to see where Gerrard goes now. The obvious move is to use him in the right wide/wing forward role for whatever amount of games he manages each season because Sahin is simply too good a player to be used as a CM or AM sub.

Also the arrival of Allen coupled with the presumed arrival of Sahin really pushes Henderson miles back in the pecking order, let alone the likes of Adam, Spearing and Shelvey because none of those four can play any of the midfield roles better than Lucas, Allen, and Sahin.

Given that both Sahin and Allen can both play in a traditional CM role or even a deeper one, it also gives some cover if Lucas were out again.

I think if there is another attacking arrival to come, as in a first team quality right sided attacker, then we could be seeing signs of Gerrard getting slowly phased out.

LiamoSail wrote: »
    It's still reliant on economics though. If the club want rid, and there's only one realistic taker, they won't pay the £5m

You could say the exact same about Aqua

But Aqua was completely unproven here. The only interest was ever going to come from Italy, and they won't spent money.

I think he'll go for a reasonable fee.

How much did we pay for him? 6 million,was it?

If we got 5 off Everton(unlikely imho)that`d be great.

Edit: It says 9m on wikipedia. Christ...what were we thinking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

But his peno is still in orbit so subtract a million

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

2wrmdcl.gif

But Aqua was completely unproven here. The only interest was ever going to come from Italy, and they won't spent money.

I think he'll go for a reasonable fee.

Exactly, there wasn't the interest backed by money so he went for below what he was worth. If Everton are the only one's interested in Adam, the same will happen

Turtyturd wrote: »
    2wrmdcl.gif

If he could strike a balance between his "daisy cutter" corners and his "put it into orbit" penalties he`d be sound. Put the million back on. :D

A0aMCE3CEAA0fAe.jpg

A few days late but....

daithijjj wrote: »
    35 in, im not about during the daytime so when we sign Messi tomorrow it might get lost, so someone repost for lads around during the day.
    daithijjj wrote: »
    I did just now, knock yerself out. If theres another one will just cancel and merge but not seen one.

211229-304096

Done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

A0aMCE3CEAA0fAe.jpg

A few days late but....

"Oh, don't RAID, the players? I thought you said don't RAPE the players. Why would I rape the players. Even Joe Allen, who is a little wet yoke. Yeah, no sorry I will be raiding, lolz"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

Is it donedeal yet?

Kess73 wrote: »
    Go to

https://users.premierleague.com/PremierUser/account/login.html?pageTitle=logout

register and then create a team.

Then when that is done, click on the join a league tab and enter 211229-304096

What am I doing wrong :o

JsSWK.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,069 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

JsSWK.jpg

If you're copy pasting it, try typing it in instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

JsSWK.jpg

I got that same message for hours yesterday. Seems it is a glitch with the site and you just have to keep trying. Eventually it will work.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement