Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

is there a space at the end when you are pasting?

i was able to get registered this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

i registered first time no problem ?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

In now.
    Team : alwayscomes2nd :o
    For some strange reason I'm listed twice in the league :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Grayditch wrote: »
    "Oh, don't RAID, the players? I thought you said don't RAPE the players. Why would I rape the players. Even Joe Allen, who is a little wet yoke. Yeah, no sorry I will be raiding, lolz"

Bit rough considering Rodgers son is apparently up on sexual assault charges. Well that's what I read about a week ago, anyone have any knowledge on this subject?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Bit rough considering Rodgers son is apparently up on sexual assault charges. Well that's what I read about a week ago, anyone have any knowledge on this subject?

Jaysus, wha?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

That is correct. Rodgers was at court with him, few weeks ago....heard nothing since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Sexual assault in general or specifically Rodgers son?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

I don't think so. No one has said he is awful or anything, just that he doesn't offer much for LFC anymore and would be better moved on. He is taking a wage but it's highly unlikely our season will hinge around whether he stays or goes, ergo it's best he goes.
    That said I like Charlie, but he doesnt fit the system and we have enough players in his position.

He is a good player but he needs the team to be based arround him and he is not good enough for us to do that, he also doesn't suit the way BR is setting us up to play. I think he has got a lot of unfair abuse from a lot of fans as he has always tried his best for us. Let's just wish him well whereever he ends up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Signed up for the FF there. Couldn't think of a good name at all though.

Has Sahin signed yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Signed up for the FF there. Couldn't think of a good name at all though.

Has Sahin signed yet?

Some time today apparantly. According to the Twitter machine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

SSN - 'Torres admits to blues doubts'.

F*ck you Fernando we loved you more than our own mothers*.

*This may not be a true representation of supporters feelings for their mothers.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Some time today apparantly. According to the Twitter machine

Some coup if we get him but won't believe it until I see him in the jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

What am I doing wrong :o

JsSWK.jpg

Make sure there's no space at the beginning or end of the code if pasting it in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Srijandeep Das ‏@jeremy_LFC
    Re: Sahin. Only minor contractual details, subsequent first-buy option, and the formalities (paperwork) remain.

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Some coup if we get him but won't believe it until I see him in the jersey.

I don't know an awful lot about him, he better be good after all this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Grayditch wrote: »
    "Oh, don't RAID, the players? I thought you said don't RAPE the players. Why would I rape the players. Even Joe Allen, who is a little wet yoke. Yeah, no sorry I will be raiding, lolz"

3oig16.jpg

opr wrote: »
    Opr

I see a lot of stuff from him - is he reliable? Im still waiting for the whole thing to fall through some how and Arsenal to nick him.

I expect City to start spending big. Utd have seriously improved their squad so surely they have to do something. I hope Agger isnt that something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

PaulieC wrote: »

Cheers for the review :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Please get done, with a first buy option. The longer the day ticks on the more apprehensive I'll get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Please get done, with a first buy option. The longer the day ticks on the more apprehensive I'll get.
    Pffft!

Lloyd boy, you were fúckin born apprehensive what are you on about!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Rodgers confirms in press conference that 'one or two players should be coming in, in next 48 hours'.

No names confirmed, but looking good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

gafferino wrote: »
    I see a lot of stuff from him - is he reliable? Im still waiting for the whole thing to fall through some how and Arsenal to nick him.

I expect City to start spending big. Utd have seriously improved their squad so surely they have to do something. I hope Agger isnt that something.

Yeah he has proven to be very reliable. Also comes across a good and knowledgeable guy. It would be really hard to believe that himself, Oliver Kay and Duncan Jenkins will all turn out to be wrong as they would be three of the most reliable sources for Liverpool stuff.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

Super-Rush wrote: »

I going to take that comment with a truck load of salt based on some of his previous posts. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80013890&postcount=1753

murpho999 wrote: »
    Rodgers confirms in press conference that 'one or two players should be coming in, in next 48 hours'.

If its Sahin and Dempsey thats a good bit of business.

We're City not in for Godin?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If that happens we can expect an early reapparance of the bauld willmunny I'd say.

*This may not be a true representation of supporters feelings for their mothers.

is comments about mothers acceptable in this thread?

Cause thats just crying out for a "your ma" comment
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

We're City not in for Godin?

I'm not so sure that Godín is an upgrade on what they have already.

He's a good player but far from World Class imo

• Advertisement

Morzadec wrote: »

He sounds decent enough, but it's not like city are stuck for the cash if they really want him (or agger for that matter). Hopefully it'll be the former, though as we're all well aware anything can happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭budgemook

@duncanjenkinsFC: @N87Kop not really no, guess they are just crossing the eyes and dotting the T's. if #sahin does not sign i will quit #football journoism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Morzadec wrote: »

Agreed. I could see them looking for someone experienced as back-up cause Toure is on a downward curve, or they look to replace Lescott as a starter.

Still may be some life in the Agger thing, but maybe to Barca instead. A number of tweeters (who has been on the ball with Sahin and others) reckong Barca have made an enquiry. If that's true, they must already know the price range...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

German media has loads of mentions of Sahin to Liverpool and has done for a good few weeks.

When I first mentioned the report by 90elf on here a few weeks back they were mentioning Liverpool, Arsenal, and Spurs as the likely destination choices for Sahin, but it has very quickly turned into Sahin to Liverpool with most of the outlets.

budgemook wrote: »
    @duncanjenkinsFC: @N87Kop not really no, guess they are just crossing the eyes and dotting the T's. if #sahin does not sign i will quit #football journoism.

duncan jenkins ‏@duncanjenkinsFC
    @shabzz_lfc i havent actually got a #job to quit but i will quit #twitter and give up my dream of making it as a #journo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

budgemook wrote: »

:pac:

(still waiting for breaking news about Piers Morgan being fished out of the English Channel)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC

@SarbV1979 Sahin should be confirmed later today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

mike65 wrote: »

(still waiting for breaking news about Piers Morgan being fished out of the English Channel)

He was to jump off Santa Monica pier so they're searching in the wrong place

mike65 wrote: »

Would be amazed if he was, given that it was Santa Monica bay that he threatened to jump into. :p

• Advertisement

He was to jump off Santa Monica pier so they're searching in the wrong place
    Kess73 wrote: »
    Would be amazed if he was, given that it was Santa Monica bay that he threatened to jump into. :p

Beachy Head was his last known stated throwing off point.
    So @kevinpp24 dropped and now looks like @Persie_Official IS leaving #Arsenal for United - shall I just get a cab to Beachy bloody Head?

He has a penchant for the dramatic, does Piers.

are there Sharks in either of those locations and if not can we put some in those locatiosn?

Dont worry, the weight of his smug head will drown him.

danniemcq wrote: »
    are there Sharks in either of those locations and if not can we put some in those locatiosn?

There are sharks in each location. :D

If fact anywhere off the coast of Britain or Ireland will have plenty of shark, some being species that grow pretty large.

If Piers decides to instead take the Santa Monica bay challenge, then the shark possibilities go up as far as a great white in terms of size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭ciaranmac

Kess73 wrote: »
    There are sharks in each location. :D

If fact anywhere off the coast of Britain or Ireland will have plenty of shark, some being species that grow pretty large.

If Piers decides to instead take the Santa Monica bay challenge, then the shark possibilities go up as far as a great white in terms of size.

Mostly basking sharks though, right? Which mostly eat plankton and not humans.

He is a pretty low form of life though, maybe he would be on the menu after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

murpho999 wrote: »

Who else are we in for apart from Dempsey and Sahin?

Tello (though that looks like a cold trail at this point) and a centre back! :pac:

ciaranmac wrote: »
    Mostly basking sharks though, right? Which mostly eat plankton and not humans.

He is a pretty low form of life though, maybe he would be on the menu after all.

In Irish and British waters? Hell no. Ireland has a very healthy shark population with blues, threshers, porbeagles, and six gills just being a few of the more well known non plankton eaters in Irish waters. They are not going to be coming into the shallows after swimmers (then again Ireland has a very low population of beach users compared to other countries) but a few of them can be dangerous in open water.

There are other species that pass through, like the mako.

This six gill was caught off the Clare coast three years ago.

shark_indo_337902t.jpg

Who else are we in for apart from Dempsey and Sahin?

Walcott and Godin have been linked in a few of the rumours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I still dont see gerrard being used in the front 3 this year. there will be plenty of games for all 4 midfielders to be rotated.

I imagine gerrard will still be 1st choice AM when fit.

Lucas/Allen

Sahin/Allen

Gerrard/Sahin

should be pretty much how I see things working out

and of course Gerrard could play the odd match as part of the front 3 but id be suprised if this happens more than 5 times over the season

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement