Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

nerrad1983 wrote: »

I'm shocked! What has gambling got to do with football?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

hefferboi wrote: »
    Sahin will be the best midfielder, attacking wise, at the club. He's better than Allen and Gerrard imo. Personally my starting 3 would be

Lucas
    ----Sahin
    Gerrard---

And Gerrard won't be able for too many games so himself and Allen will swap with Allen dropping in beside Lucas. No chance of Sahin coming here and not starting most games. He'd be a regular for Arsenal, Spurs and United if he went to any of them. He's that good.

Alternatively Gerrard can go up top but I reckon it would fcuk up Rodgers' system as he likes the front 3 to swap around regularly and Stevie would probably play a free role with only Borini and Suarez staying up top. We'd have no width whatsoever if this happens.

You think Lucas is going to play in the #10 position? Seriously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

You think Lucas is going to play in the #10 position? Seriously?

He's just got the formation the other way up. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

If we get Sahin in , I think our first 11 will look like this

Reina

Agger
    Skrtle
    Johnson
    Enrique----
    Lucas

Stevie/Sahin
    Allen
    Suarez
    Borini
    Downing

Enrique and Johnson will provide the width with the front 3 switching places regularly . I would say Stevie / Sahin will be given licence to get forward . Our midfield anchor will be Lucas and he will also have the job of filling in the gaps in our defence if we are caught with a counter attack .

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

Leiva wrote: »
    Hopefully Twitter crap but it's seems Levy is trying to negotiate Sahin in the Modric deal :(
    Sahin already said that he wont go to spurs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭basillarkin

hefferboi wrote: »
    If/when Sahin comes he's a guaranteed starter. Gerrard and Allen will be rotated imo.
    You seem to think Sahin is unreal? I would love to know what you are basing this on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

You seem to think Sahin is unreal? I would love to know what you are basing this on?

Probably on his time with Dortmund where he was an outstanding performer in a team that had many.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Reina

Agger
    Skrtle
    Johnson
    Enrique----
    Lucas

Stevie/Sahin
    Allen
    Suarez
    Borini
    Downing

Enrique and Johnson will provide the width with the front 3 switching places regularly . I would say Stevie / Sahin will be given licence to get forward . Our midfield anchor will be Lucas and he will also have the job of filling in the gaps in our defence if we are caught with a counter attack .

I doubt this will be the case if Stevie is fit. Downing/Borini to make way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Reina

Agger
    Skrtle
    Johnson
    Enrique----
    Lucas

Stevie/Sahin
    Allen
    Suarez
    Borini
    Downing

Stevie is the only player that gets rotated? I wouldn't expect Bonini to start every game, and Downing is in that team until we get Dempsey...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The fact that he was a quality performer for the league winning Dortmund team the year before last, at the age of 21-22, might have something to do with it.

A bad injury at the start of last season really disrupted him at Real and when he came back he couldn't force his way into what was a fairly settled Madrid side, and a top class one to boot.

Make no mistake, Sahin would instantly become one of our top players, and one of our genuine CL quality players if he is to join.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

Reina

Agger
    Skrtel
    Johnson
    Enrique----
    Lucas

Gerrard
    Allen
    Suarez
    Borini
    Downing

I think that will be Saturday's starting line up. Not a bad starting 11 to kick the season off with really all things considered.

Reina

Agger
    Skrtle
    Johnson
    Enrique----
    Lucas

Stevie/Sahin
    Allen
    Suarez
    Borini
    Downing

Borini will be in the left sided slot more often than not. Rodgers has already confirmed that, along with Suarez being in the central attacking role.

That leaves the right sided attacking slot open for Gerrard and Downing.

More from Marca
    Eziz Allamov ‏@Ezizallamov
    Real Madrid's board have agreed with Nuri Şahin that he can join Liverpool. (Marca)
    That was today

Dickerty wrote: »
    Stevie is the only player that gets rotated? I wouldn't expect Bonini to start every game, and Downing is in that team until we get Dempsey...

Would be surprised if he does not play in the majority of games this season. The guy has genuine talent but also has an engine and workrate to rival that of Kuyt.

I expect to see him covering a lot of ground this season, and him putting pressure on the other team's full back and wideman will be a regular sight when we are defending.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Probably on his time with Dortmund where he was an outstanding performer in a team that had many.

Ah, he was only league player of the year in 2010/11 - got lucky I'd say.

Yes because its time to start using him more efficiently and I think Rodgers knows that too . I would prefer to have stevie starting all the big games this season then missing them because of small injuries .

Kess73 wrote: »
    Would be surprised if he does not play in the majority of games this season. The guy has genuine talent but also has an engine and workrate to rival that of Kuyt.

I think there will be occasions when Carroll starts, or Downing/Dempsey, and he may be the one to make way. He'll take a little while to get with Stevie and Luis, and he's not got a huge number of first team games under his belt, so it's a big step up to start 50 odd games...only made 24 appearances last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Knex. wrote: »
    The fact that he was a quality performer for the league winning Dortmund team the year before last, at the age of 21-22, might have something to do with it.

A bad injury at the start of last season really disrupted him at Real and when he came back he couldn't force his way into what was a fairly settled Madrid side, and a top class one to boot.

Make no mistake, Sahin would instantly become one of our top players, and one of our genuine CL quality players if he is to join.
    I have noticed that he does not score many goals 13 in 135 league games, his assists are 1 in every 4.5 games, Is there many watchers of German football here? He could be another Aquiallini.

• Advertisement

Rory Smith says Arsenal still think they will sign Nuri Sahin.

Yes because its time to start using him more efficiently and I think Rodgers knows that too . I would prefer to have stevie starting all the big games this season then missing them because of small injuries .

You could say the same about Agger, Johnson and even Lucas, given the injury last year. Fact is that Stevie is part of our normal starting XI, as is Sahin, on a normal big game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

amiable wrote: »

@RorySmithTimes
    What I do know is #LFC are confident they're getting him, but there are people at Arsenal just as confident they are. Time will tell.

Ah jayyyyyysus.....

g1332639600372399656.jpg

I have noticed that he does not score many goals 13 in 135 league games, his assists are 1 in every 4.5 games, Is there many watchers of German football here? He could be another Aquiallini.

In what way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

go back through the thread, he's the best thing since sliced hazard!

You could say the same about Agger, Johnson and even Lucas, given the injury last year. Fact is that Stevie is part of our normal starting XI, as is Sahin, on a normal big game...

Well they are all younger players and hopefully they don't have as many injuries as last season but for us to get the best out of stevie now it could mean bringing him on when players are tired and letting him do damage . I just think its time to start giving him abit of protection .

Sky sources: ''Agger will stay''

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Bray Header

Reina

Agger
    Skrtle
    Johnson
    Enrique----
    Lucas

Stevie/Sahin
    Allen
    Suarez
    Borini
    Downing

Allen Plays with 2 anchors, which will prob be Allen and Lucas. This is called the Double Pivot

• Advertisement

Taken from Liverpool's official twitter
    Exclusive Ltd Time offer from Paddy Power Suarez @ 3/1 to score over 15 league goals

I actually have no idea why Real would sign Modric for 30m or so and then let Sahin go on loan, with a possible option for permanent transfer.

Even if we say to sign him it would cost 15-20m, there is no way Modric is worth that much more than him, imo, when you take into account age as well as ability.

That's a fairly solid bet when you consider Rodgers seems to be planning on having him as the main front man all season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Sappy404 wrote: »
    @RorySmithTimes

Ah jayyyyyysus.....

Yea the whole vibe on a lot of sites is changing and we are not as assured of landing Sahin as we think .
    Other clubs smell an oppertunity :(

Leiva wrote: »
    Yea the whole vibe on a lot of sites is changing and we are not as assured of landing Sahin as we think .
    Other clubs smell an oppertunity :(
    I think Sahin will still sign. I think it's merely a few journos looking to cover all bases

Mourino said he wont let Sahin go to Arsenal because he does not want to strenghen a champions league team.I am still optomistic that we will get him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Sky sources: ''Agger will stay''

I can hear Jim white now. August 31st, 10:42pm: "And... news just reaching us - this is incredible folks - Manchester City have announced they have a greed a fee with Liverpool for Daniel Agger! Let's go to Anfield now and speak to Craig Slater..."

gaelicred wrote: »
    Mourino said he wont let Sahin go to Arsenal because he does not want to strenghen a champions league team.I am still optomistic that we will get him

Is there a link to this quote?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Sappy404 wrote: »
    I can hear Jim white now. August 31st, 10:42pm: "And... news just reaching us - this is incredible folks - Manchester City have announced they have a greed a fee with Liverpool for Daniel Agger! Let's go to Anfield now and speak to Craig Slater..."

Followed, 7 minutes later, by Liverpool paying 20m to bring Paul Kosnchesky back to Liverpool as a repalcement!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

And I think that's fair enough. He is one player that gives us proper width, but is not just about crosses, he can play the ball on the ground as well.

As he rightly pointed out, he was slated for no assists last season, but made 50+ chances - hardly his fault that the strikers (Carroll in particular) didn't finish them.

Unfair singling Andy out considering himself and Downing didnt play together that much.
    Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Followed, 7 minutes later, by Liverpool paying 20m to bring Paul Kosnchesky back to Liverpool as a repalcement!

#bringkoncheskyhome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Starting to lose a bit of faith in the Sahin deal. But then again BR apparently said two more signings. Hmmmm just want this to be over. I'm not as emotional an wreck as that sounds.

If Sahin was convinced before, what would change for him now? The fact that they just sold their best player? It seems that Real were already pushing towards us, so unless Arsenal have come in with a big cash deal...

El Spearo wrote: »
    Starting to lose a bit of faith in the Sahin deal. But then again BR apparently said two more signings. Hmmmm just want this to be over. I'm not as emotional an wreck as that sounds.

Well, he said he's hoping to hear on 1 or 2, so he could equally hear bad news as good...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Exclusive Ltd Time offer from Paddy Power Suarez @ 3/1 to score over 15 league goals

Is this gone already? He's even money on the site now.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

gaelicred wrote: »

For some reason, when I saw the URL, I thought it was bringing me to a site to do with "Macra" :o

#culchie

I hope that's still up by the time I get home from work.

Thought I had backed Torres for 1st scorer in the Shield game the other day. He scores first, I'm delighted. Log in to PP only to find I had fecking clicked the wrong link and backed him for PL top scorer 2012/13. What a fecking numpty. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Didn't see this mentioned before...
    “For me there has been no big change. The first point is we don’t want to sell him,” said Rodgers.

“Secondly, I believe he will be a player who will thrive in this way of working and thirdly he doesn’t want to leave – which is a great help as well.

“He is a top player and I want to keep him here. Over the last couple of months we have been able to sell the project and vision to a number of senior players."

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/soccer/rodgers-agger-wants-to-stay-563207.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Max bet allowed is €13. I was set to put a ton on it. though it was great value :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement